These brownie mix cookies are the absolute best cookies! They are very similar to the Crumbl brownie batter cookies they had in stores this week. Adapted from a brownie box mix with 5 other simple ingredients, these cookies are so easy to make and result in a thick chocolatey cookie with a fudgy brownie texture.
Now normally this blog is all about homemade recipes from scratch, however, we all know there are occasions when you need to quickly bake something.
This is where these brownie cookies come in, with a few added ingredients, you are able to totally transform this standard brownie mix into cookies. This next-level recipe will fool everyone into thinking these cookies are totally homemade!
This is the best brownie mix cookie ever AKA a favorite dupe for the CRUMBL brownie batter cookie recipe.
These brownie mix cookies with butter are a total showstopper. The chewy fudgy texture will leave you reaching for more than one at a time, just imagine biting into a rich thick cookie that is packed full of chocolate brownie flavor (I’ll just leave you for a moment with that thought). Ready in just 15 minutes they are perfectly enjoyed warm with a glass of cold milk and will be loved by adults and children alike.
I promise you, this is going to become your go-to cookie recipe when you are short on time but are really looking to satisfy that intense chocolate craving. It’s such a simple recipe to make, you’ll never have to choose between a brownie and a cookie again.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Taste just like the Crumbl brownie batter cookies.
- Ready in just 15 minutes.
- Uses brownie box mix and just 5 other simple ingredients.
- Fools anyone into thinking these are totally homemade.
- Guaranteed to satisfy chocolate cravings.
- The best of both, you don’t need to choose between a cookie and a brownie.
- Perfect for all ages.
Ingredients for these cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these delicious cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brownie mix – Try to choose a box mix that is of high quality for the best cookies, see below for my recommendations.
- All – purpose flour – This type of flour will work best for you in this recipe.
- Eggs – Tou want to use large eggs at room temperature.
- Butter – Ideally pick an unsalted variety but salted will work if that is what you have available.
- Instant coffee – This really helps to bring out the intense chocolate flavor. It is optional thought, so if you don’t want to add it, no worries!
- Chocolate chips – You want to pick the best quality chocolate chips you can find for the best tasting brookies.
What brownie mix can I use?
Wherever possible try to pick up a box mix from Ghirardelli, I’ve found there’s to be the best overall. If you can find it I highly recommend the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate. This is the box mix I used for the photos in this post.
This brownie mix cookies with flour recipe take this great yet humble box mix and transform it into a cookie recipe with a few other ingredients, whilst retaining all the delicious brownie batter flavors.
How to make these cookies
This is how you can turn your brownie mix into cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl minus the chocolate in a bowl.
- Add in the chocolate and gently fold.
- Scoop out equal sized cookie dough balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven, just make sure you don’t over cook to retain that chewy fudgey centre.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More brownie recipes you’ll love!
- Bakery style brownies with no cocoa powder
- Green tea matcha brownies
- Healthy vegan double chocolate brownies
- Fudgey cream cheese brownies
- Healthy vegan black bean brownies
- Pretzel brownies without cocoa powder
- Sweet potato fudge brownies
- Small batch brownie cookie recipe
- The best brownies with cake mix
- Cheesecake swirled red velvet brownies
- Fudgey small batch Nutella brownies in a loaf pan
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
It’s really easy to adapt this box mix recipe by adding in any mix in’s you have available in the pantry. Here are a few of my favorites to try:
- Chopped nuts; walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts all work really well.
- Different chocolate chips, add white chocolate for a triple chocolate combination.
- Fold in some fresh raspberries at the last moment.
- Peanut butter, either crunchy or smooth.
- Citrus zest, why not try adding in some orange zest for a great chocolate orange flavor.
- Dried cherries.
- Add a layer of frosting to the top of the cookies for an extra bit of indulgence.
How to store Crumbl brownie batter cookies?
You want to store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, where they will keep for up to 4 days.
Just microwave them for a few seconds to get them warm and gooey again before enjoying them.
Can I freeze brownie mix cookies?
It is also possible to freeze these brookies. Just place them in an airtight container in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 3 months.
Once ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge and bring back to room temperature or microwave for a few seconds for maximum flavor.
15 minute Chewy brownie mix cookies- Crumbl brownie batter cookies
If you made these 15-minute Chewy brownie mix cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl brownie batter cookies | 15 minute Chewy brownie mix cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, flour, eggs, melted butter, and instant coffee, and mix until the dry mixture disappears. Add in the chocolate chips and gently fold.
- Using a small cookie scooper (2 tbsp), scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the baking sheet, making sure to leave 2 inches in between each one and bake for 8-9 minutes. Don't over bake these cookies to keep them fudgy and chewy!
- Remove the cookies form the oven and let them cool down on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm with a cold glass of milk!
How to store brownie mix cookies?You want to store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, where they will keep for up to 4 days. Just microwave them for a few seconds to get them warm and gooey again before enjoying them.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!