Red wine brownies so that you don’t have to choose between chocolate or wine anymore. Life is too short not to have both and that is why I created this recipe to allow you to have a super soft and chewy chocolatey brownie with the perfect crinkly top.
This red wine brownie will quickly become one of your favorite brownie recipes ever because it combines two of my favorite things into one rich and decadent sweet treat.
To be completely honest, this recipe was made so that I don’t have to pick between having red wine or having brownies… you know balance and whatnot. So I figured that by combining both ingredients I would be able to enjoy everything even more.
This is the best red wine brownie recipe ever!
I personally don’t drink alcohol but I do enjoy some nonalcoholic wines, red wine included so I decided to go with that one in this recipe. If you have a bottle of regular wine in your home, feel free to use that! It will work just as well and you will get brownies that taste like chocolate mixed with your favorite wine!
If you do try this recipe, let me know which wine you used in the comments I’m so curious to know how your boozy brownies turn out!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It combines red wine and chocolate in one recipe! I call that a win!
- This recipe makes super fudgy red wine brownies, just how we like them here!
- The top is perfectyl crackly allowing you to get a fun textrual experience with every bite.
- This recipe combines melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a rich chocolatey dessert.
Ingredients for this red wine brownie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this brownie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Chocolate chips- This recipe will use dark chocolate chips as well as regular semi sweet chocolate chips mixed in there. Make sure to use really good quality chocolate for this recipe.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for these boozy brownies.
- Egg– Make sure that your eggs are at room temperature for this recipe.
- Vanilla– The vanilla will add a subtle depth of flavor here
- Cocoa powder– Make sure to use good quality cocoa powder.
- Flour– AP flour works great for these brownies.
- Salt– Always use alittle salt to balance out the flavor of your brownies.
How to make homemade red wine brownies at home.
This is how you can make these at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and whisk until combined.
- Mix in one egg at a time, then add in the vanilla and whisk.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the wet mixture.
- Add in the red wine and mix.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the brownie batter and bake in a 8×8 baking pan.
- Let the cookies cool down fully before slicing into them!
More recipes you’ll love!
- Crumbl cosmic/ galaxy brownie cookies
- The Best Air Fryer Brownies
- 10 SECRETS ON HOW TO MAKE BOXED BROWNIES BETTER
- Chewy Brownie Mix Cookies | Crumbl brownie batter cookies
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store red wine brownies?
You can store these brownies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To make these brownies last longer you can store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Just make sure to let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them to really get that full gooey fudgy brownie experience.
Can I freeze red wine brownies?
Absolutely! Freezing brownies is revolutionary. You can store them in the freezer in an air tight container for up to 3 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them pull them out and let them get back too room temperature before enjoying them.
I also like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them melty before enjoying them.
What’s the best red wine to use?
Since I don’t drink alcohol, I used non-alcoholic red wine. It tastes exactly like wine but has the alcohol removed. If you won’t mind using regular wine then you can do with your favorite red wine. The flavor is amazing!
Can kids have these brownies too? Can I have wine brownies if I’m pregnant?
This brownie recipe has about ½ a serving or red wine. The alcohol (if using regular wine) will bake off in the oven but at the end of the day you can do whatever you’re comfortable with.
If you are pregnant, use your best judgement when it comes to this recipe or discuss it with your doctor 🙂
Super fudgy red wine brownies
If you made these super fudgy red wine brownies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Fudgy Red Wine brownies
- bowl + whisk
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F then lightly grease an 8X8 baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate chips together in a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk in the brown and the granulated sugar until combine.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and whisk vigorously. Mix n the vanilla to combine.
- Add in the sifted, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and red wine and mix again until combined. This should take about 20-40 seconds.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly then place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. The brownies should be set and if tested with a toothpick should have some moist crumbs attached to it. Let the brownies cool completely before slicing into them. Dust with extra cocoa powder if you'd like!
- If not eating these chewy brownies on the same day wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to three days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
How to store red wine brownies?You can store these brownies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To make these brownies last longer you can store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Just make sure to let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them to really get that full gooey fudgy brownie experience.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!