These air fryer brownies can be made in an air fryer to yield a fudgy chocolate brownie with the perfect crinkly top. This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients and yields delicious brownies for two!
Looking for more Air Fryer recipes? You need to try these Soft and Chewy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies, Healthier Air fryer chicken tenders, The best Air Fryer Churros, Fail Proof Air fryer Mozzarella sticks as well as The best Air Fryer Polenta Fries Ever!
If you got an air fryer for Christmas or if you’ve had one for a while and have been wondering what kind of desserts can I make in my air fryer, I got you!
This is a simple dessert recipes that will a allow you to bake brownies in an air fryer, which is so fun but also so straightforward and fun at the same time. Plus it will make a bach small enough that you can enjoy fresh immediately.
This is the best air fryer brownie recipe ever!
These air fried brownies are made from scratch using both melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a extra deep chocolatey flavor.
Bonus points these are the perfect air fryer brownies for two!
Without using any brownie mix, you will be able to make the best quick and easy brownies in a 6 inch round pan that will fit perfectly in your Air fryer. This simple ingredient dessert is also great if you want to walk into the new year watching your portion sizes after having enjoyed yourself during the holidays.
I know I will be doing that! At the end of the day it is all about balance and having a little brownie slice at the end of the day is perfectly fine to stay sane in our third year of the pandemic!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is so convenient!
- This recipe yields the perfect small batch brownie recipe.
- It only requires a handful of ingredients.
- This air fryer dessert can be made anytime, even on weeknight because it is so quick to come together!
- It is perfect with a scoop of icecream.
- It is a one bowl recipe that results in ooey gooey, fudgy brownies everytime.
Ingredients for this air fryer brownies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this air fryer brownie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Flour- Ap flour works great for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder– You can use regular cocoa powder or dutched cocoa powder.
- Granulated sugar– Just like any good old brownie recipe, this one also uses granulated sugar to sweeten it and also give it that beautiful crinkly top.
- Salt– The salt will help balance out the sweetness in our brownies.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will help add some height to this air fryer brownie recipe.
- Butter– The butter will keep the brownies super moist, dense, and fudgy at the same time.
- Chocolate chips– You can use either chocolate chips or chocolate chunks from a semi sweet chocolate bar that you chopped and melted.
- Egg– the egg is the binding agent for this recipe.
- Vanilla– The vanilla extract will help add a little depth of flavor as well.
How to make Air fryer brownie recipe
This is how you can make this small batch air fryer brownies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and the cocoa powder together and set aside.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate chips together in a small bowl in the microwave until smooth.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla together until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir just until the flour mixture disappears. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in the air fryer basket in the preheated air fryer.
- Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
What air fryer to use for brownies?
I used the Ninja AF101, but any air fryer should work.
The thing about air fryer though is that they vary greatly in temperature. So when making your brownies, check for doneness by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the brownie about ⅔ of the way into baking them. If the toothpick comes out mostly dry with only a few wet crumbs you’ll know your brownies are done baking!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this air fryer brownie?
You can store this air fryer dessert in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also keep it in the fridge for up to a week. This will make it extra fudgy.
When you’re ready to serve it, pop it in the microwave to get it all ooey gooey again and enjoy!
What if I don’t have a 6″ round pan/15 cm round pan?
If you don’t have a 6inch round baking pan you can try making these in little ramequins. Make sure that the ramequins are safe to go in the air fryer first. You will have to reduce the baking time by a little bit but you will know when your brownies are ready when you poke the center of the brownie with a toothpick and it comes out with only a few wet crumbs.
What’s the best chocolate to use in my air fryer brownies?
Quality of chocolate is a very important component of homemade brownies because that flavor will be felt throughout your whole dessert. If you’re using chocolate chips, opt for really good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips like Ghirardelli, Callebaut, or Guittard.
If you’re using some chopped up chocolate, use a high quality semi sweet chocolate like lindt, callebaut,
Air fryer brownies
If you made these air fryer brownies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Fudgy air fryer brownie recipe
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 315F for 5 minutes. Grease a 6-inch round cake pan and set it aside.
- While the air fryer is preheating, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips together. in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir in between every time. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, granulated sugar, and vanilla together until light in color and fluffy.
- Mix in the melted butter and chocolate mixture until combined, then gently fold in the flour until it disappears. Don't overmix. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated air fryer at 315F for 15 minutes.
- Pull out your brownie using oven mitts and let it cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes to set.
- Top the brownie with ice cream, whipped cream or enjoy as is.
- Note- The thing about air fryer though is that they vary greatly in temperature. So when making your brownies, check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the brownie about ⅔ of the way into baking them. If the toothpick comes out mostly dry with only a few wet crumbs you'll know your brownies are done baking!
Use this 6-inch pan next time you want to make air fryer brownies!
How to store this air fryer brownie?You can store this air fryer dessert in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also keep it in the fridge for up to a week. This will make it extra fudgy. When you’re ready to serve it, pop it in the microwave to get it all ooey gooey again and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!