Air fryer polenta fries are the next big thing. Made out of ready-to-eat polenta logs, sliced into thin strips to form our fries then fried to perfection in the air fryer to bring you the most amazing fry alternative ever! They are crispy on the outside and creamy in the center. They are best served with a dip on the side and make for one of our favorite appetizer recipe ever!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Summer appetizers that don’t require an oven are a holy grail at my house once summer comes around.
The fact that we live in Vegan and the temperature can get up to 110+ degrees in the summer is pretty rough but that’s when the air fryer comes in handy!
This is the best no oven polenta fries recipe ever!
I made air fryer polenta fried for the first time a few days ago and right away I had to remake them to shoot tem and have photos for this recipe.
Making them in the air fryer made the clean-up easier, kept the house cool, and yielded the perfect batch of polenta fries made from a tube! It’s honestly a win-win for all so you NEED to give it a try :)!
What’s so special about these vegan and gluten-free air fryer polenta fries?
- Made in the air fryer!
- Crispy on the edges and creamy in the center
- Make for the perfect side dish
- The best recipe if you’re looking for a recipe that uses tubed polenta
- Vegan and gluten free friendly
Ingredients for these air fryer polenta fries
Here are the ingredients you will need to make air-fried polenta fries. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Ready to eat polenta log- You can find these ready-to-eat polenta tubes can be found at your local grocery store or purchased online as well.
- Salt & pepper- We will use salt and pepper to taste.
- cooking spray or olive oil– You can either use cooking spray or olive oil to coat your polenta fried to yield super crispy fries.
Are polenta fries healthy?
These polenta fries are pretty healthy for you because they are fried in the air fryer to reduce the amount of oil used and consumed. They are high in complex carbs which will also help you feel fuller longer.
They are naturally gluten free and vegan, great for many types of diets!
More air fryer recipes you will love!
- Healthier Air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer frozen french fries with Spicy Ketchup
- Fail-Proof Air fryer Mozzarella sticks
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
How to make polenta fries from a tube
This is how you can make polenta fries at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cut the polenta log into fries. (see images)
- Coat the fries with coking spray or olive oil spray.
- Season the fries with salt and pepper.
- Air fry until golden and crispy, and enjoy!
Polenta fries have a subtle corn flavor. It is not overpowering and works great with cheesy or garlicky dips. Their texture on the other hand is pure heaven! It is crispy on the outside and extremely creamy in the center. To say that they are addictive is an understatement.
What to serve with polenta fries?
At my house, we either serve them as an appetizer with a garlic aioli sauce or as a side dish to burgers! Here are a few more ideas that you might like:
- Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Indian Chicken Meatballs
- Delicious Mediterranean Chili recipe with a twist
- Chicken dishes in general
- A hearty salad
- Easy 30 minute Marinara sauce
- Creamy Garlic White Pizza Sauce
- Check on your Polenta fries halfway through to make sure that they’re baking evenly. Since not all air fryers are created equal, you might have to cook your fired for more or less time depending on the strength of the air fryer.
- Season to taste! That’s where the fun begins, I seasoned my fries with salt and pepper for a basic flavor profile but you can add basil, rosemary, thyme, chili flakes, garlic powder, or anything else your heart desires!
- A dipping sauce is highly recommended- These fries taste amazing when served with a side sauce. When I’m out of time, I usually make ketchup and mayo sauce with sriracha but you can serve them with ranch, buffalo sauce, or even garlic aioli.
Easy vegan polenta fries
If you made these kid friendly pancake mix blueberry muffins and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Air fryer polenta from tubed polenta
- Cut the polenta log into fries and place them in a large bowl. (check notes for images)
- Spray the polenta fries with the olive oil spray or drizzle with olive oil, amkig sure to coat them all evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place the polenta fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure they don't touch and bake in the air fryer at 380F for 18-20 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through to cook the fries evenly.
- Serve with keptchup or a dip of choice.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!