Air fryer frozen french fries are a gift from the heavens! Don’t want to hit the drive through? Just make these air fried fries in the comfort of your own home. Pair them with out favorite spicy ketchup recipe for a treat unlike no other.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I’m making it a thing this year to have as much fries as I can while still staying balanced! Is that possible? I think so! Especially if the fries are made in an air fryer.
By avoiding the deep fryer and using my ninja air fryer, I automatically think that food is healthier. Maybe? Maybe not… Depending on the ingredients you use.
This is the best air fryer frozen French fries recipe!
Ever since I lost my grandpa a few weeks ago, life became a lot harder than it was. For a little white I lost my appetite, hence the slow down of the blog and the recipe sharing.
Eating seemed pointless after I lost one of the most important people of my life due to COVID. To add salt to the wound, we weren’t able to go see him one last time this summer because of the travel restrictions… Last time we saw him was 2018…
So it’s been extremely hard to say the least. After doing some research of food for grief ( yes, I’m weird. I google anything. Do you guys do the same?) I found an article from Lindsey the author of Pinch of Yum blog talking about feeding a broken heart. I loved it so much that I started thinking about sharing recipes that fall under that category!
Comfort food to feed a broken heart
For me, fries are the ultimate comfort food. I remember going to France and asking for McDonald’s fries the second we land. I have such great memries from that time, getting fries and dipping them in ice cream was such a treat!
That’s why in an effort to feed a broken heart, I’m going with comfort food but in an air fryer.
What’s so special about these air fryer French fries?
This recipe is amazing because of many reasons, here are a few:
- They will be ready in about 15 minutes!
- These air fryer fries are the perfect quick snack for adults and children alike.
- Less oil, more fries! That’s the motto fo this recipe 🙂 Air fryer these frozen French fries makes them slightly healthier too!
Ingredients for air fryer French fries
Here are the ingredients you need for these crunchy air fried frozen fries:
- A bag of frozen french fries or crinkle fries
For the Spicy ketchup you will need:
- Ketchup– The base of the dipping sauce.
- Horseradish– This is what will give or dish that awesome kick.
How to make Air fryer frozen French fries
Cooking frozen fries in the air fryer is the simplest thing ever. All you have to do is:
- Pour a single layer of frozen fries in your air fryer and bake them at 400F for 10-12 minutes or until they reach the level of crunchiness you desire.
- Halfway through the air frying, shake the basket to cook the french fries evenly.
For the more detailed recipe make sure to scroll down to the recipe card.
How to make the spicy ketchup?
This is another extremely simple recipe. All you need to do is mix the horseradish and the ketchup together for a spicy ketchup dipping sauce.
My sister and boyfriend hate horseradish but loved this dip, they said it had a hint of mustard so don’t worry about the horseradish if you’re not a fan.
More awesome air fryer recipes you will love!
- Fail Proof Air fryer Mozzarella sticks
- The best Air Fryer Churros
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Restaurant style Air Fried Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Tips to make air fryer frozen French fries
Here are a few tips to make THE best frozen fries in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi:
- No need to thaw the frozen French fries- This recipe is perfect because all you need to do is dump them in the air fryer and fry!
- Don’t overfill the air fryer basket- If you overfill the air fryer basket, your fries will not cook evenly. You will be stuck with undercooked fries in the center and bottom while the top ones will burn.
- Shake your air fryer basket- Shake your air fryer basket halfway through the air frying time to make sure that the fries cook evenly.
- Fries bake differently in the air fryer so cook them in batches – So make sure to check them from time to time to keep them from overcooking.
How long does it take to cook frozen French fries in the air fryer?
I love this method of making frozen fries because it is so quick! Here is how long your frozen fries will take to be ready in the air fryer, keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness! So check your fries from time to time.
- Traditional frozen French fries: 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F, make sure to shake your air fryer basket halfway through for even baking.
- Crinkle cut, waffle cut, steak fries: 13-16 minutes at 400 degrees F, make sure to shake the air fryer basket halfway through for even baking.
Frozen air fryer French fries
If you tried and enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a 5 star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Crispy air fryer frozen french fries
- Ninja air fryer
- 2 lbs Bag of frozen French fries
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp horse radish
- Place your french fries of crinkle fries in the air fryer and air fry at 400F for 12 minutes. Make sure to shake the basket halfway through to bake everything more evenly.
Make the spicy ketchup
- in a small bowl mix the ketchup and horse radish together until well incorporated. Dip your french fries in it and enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
Did you enjoy this air fryer frozen french fries recipe? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!