These Valentine’s day crinkle chocolate cookies are for all the chocolate lovers alike. This Valentine’s day treat your loved ones to a batch of these soft and chewy crinkle cookies. Beware, they are definitely addictive so proceed at your own risk!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
It seems like 2020 was just yesterday! All the holiday bakes and cookies are now behind us but don’t worry! I’ll find another holiday to celebrate with food.
This time it’s Valentine’s day s it was only right to share something super chocolatey and pink hence these cookies!
These are the best Valentine’s day crinkle chocolate cookies with sprinkles ever!
Last year showed me that I love baking fun treats for the holiday! They bring so much joy and put a smile on everyone’s faces. So one of my goals for the year is to do more celebration recipes to help you do the same for your loved ones.
I personally don’t love Valentine’s day as much, or didn’t love Valentine’s day as much until I realized that I liked holiday treats. I feel like the holiday itself is a little over-rated and that you should show your loved ones that you love and care about them everyday!
Love is in the air
But anyways, since love is in the air. I decided to bring you guys these super chocolatey cookies with pink sprinkles to make your hearts, tastebuds, and bellies happy!
Have fun making them and don’t forget to let me know in the comments below how you liked them.
What makes these Valentine’s day cookies so special?
We love these cookies because they are:
- Soft and chewy
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Packed with chocolate flavor
- Easy to make with the kiddos
- Rolled in sprinkles! Who doesn’t love sprinkles, especially when they’re pink! 🙂
Ingredients for chocolate sprinkles valentine’s day cookies
Here are the ingredients you need to make these special Valentine’s treats:
- Butter– You will need softened butter for this cookie recipe.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar– We use both brown sugar and granulated sugar to keep these cookies extra soft.
- Egg yolk– You will need one room temperature egg yolk for this recipe.
- Vanilla– Vanilla is god’s gift when it comes to cookies.
- Flour– all purpose works great for cookies.
- Dutch processed cocoa powder– Dutch processed cocoa will give these cookies their extra chocolatey taste.
- Baking soda– Baking soda is used as a leavening agent in this recipe.
- Salt– Salt to balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Nonpareil Valentine’s day sprinkles – You can use whatever sprinkles you want but for the safe of this recipe being Valentine’s day inspired we’re using pink nonpareil sprinkles.
More Valentine’s day recipes you will love!
- Valentine’s Day Very Berry Healthy Smoothie
- The best 18 Valentine’s day cookie ideas
- Healthy No Bake Cookies | Valentine’s Day
How to make Valentine’s day crinkle chocolate cookies with sprinkles?
To find the exact detailed steps of this recipe make sure to scroll down to the recipe box below!
- Cream the butter and both sugars then add in the egg yolk and the vanilla and mix again until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently fold until the dry mixture disappears.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a small cookie scooper, roll in the sprinkles then bake.
- Enjoy these cookies with a tall glass of milk!
The perfect Valentine’s day cookies to gift!
I seriously think that these are the perfect little treats to gift on Valentine’s day. I love putting about 5 per bag and tying them with a cute pink ribbon, add a little note to make it extra personable and loving.
How to store these Valentine’s day crinkle chocolate cookies?
These Cookies can be stored in an airtight container and left at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Chocolate crinkle cookies with sprinkles
If you tried and enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a 5 star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Valentine’s Day Sprinkles Chocolate crinkle cookies
- baking sheet
- 1 stick butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour 120grams
- ¼ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Wilton nonpareil valentine's day sprinkles
- First, stat by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg yolk, and the vanilla and mix again until fluffy and well incorporated.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined. Don't over mix. Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out 14 equal cookie dough balls. Roll them between the palm of your hand then roll one side in the sprinkles. Set on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the cookies and bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Pull out the baked cookies, let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall cup of cold milk.
If you made it all the way down here, thank you so so much. Made these cookies? Let us know how you liked them in the comment section down below!
Have a great day and come back soon for some more awesome recipes.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment