These healthy no bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies are a life saver when you are trying to stay on track! They are easy to make and store well in the freezer for whenever you need your chocolate or dessert fix!
It’s finally time for me to share these delicious and healthy valentine’s no bake cookies!
I made this recipe while having my friend Mia in mind. She’s been working on her fitness and diet for the past couple of months, she looks totally incredible. So if you are ready this, I am so proud of you!
More healthy recipes you might like!
- double chocolate healthy granola
- healthy vegan double chocolate brownies
- healthy pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
I feel like I posted so so many cookies, but none of them were healthy. I mean, rich decadent cookies are my thing but sometimes they can be too much. That’s why I really think these no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies could definitely be something I start making more often!
What makes these no bake peanut butter and chocolate cookie so special?
Except the fact that they are already all gone, less than 24 hours after I made them?
Well, let me tell you what makes these healthy chocolate no bake cookies so special. They’re no bake! Lord knows how convenient that can be for those of us who are so busy they can’t even thing of making anything homemade anymore.
These no bake chocolate cookies with peanut butter also have a ton of good for you ingredients that will satisfy your sweet tooth while also being nutritious for your body.
- Chia seeds– These might be tiny but they are a total powerhouse indeed. Chia seeds are an amazing source of omega-3 fatty acids. They are also rich in antioxidants, fibre and iron!
- Old fashioned oats – Oats are a great source of fiber, which makes it very filling.
- Coconut oil- Instead of butter, we are using coconut oil in this recipe. Amongst many of the health benefits, here are some of my favorites: the fatty acids in coconut oil helps kill harmful microorganisms. It also aids in significantly reducing the appetite.
- Coconut sugar – Again instead of using regular sugar in this recipe, we opted for coconut sugar because it is a whole lot better for you. It has an amazingly low glycemic index compared to other sugars. It also contains quite a lot of raw antioxidants!
So have one of these healthy cookies with your cup of tea next time and enjoy that guilt free feeling!
Tools you might need to make these healthy no bake cookies
- Heart cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- A baking sheet
I took the photo above and put the exact measurements of the heart cookie cutter I used to make these healthier no bake cookies. If you go with a different size, know that you might get more or less than 18 cookies for this recipe.
ingredients to make thse healthy no bake cookies
This recipe is a healthy no bake peanut butter and chocolate cookie recipe. You could easily make it vegan, by using a vegan chocolate option. Here are the ingredients needed for this healthy cookie recipe:
Can I use semi sweet chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips?
Just know that those will be a little less healthier and will have a bit more sugar in them. You could half the amount of coconut sugar if you use semi sweet to even things out a little.
How to make peanut butter no bake cookies?
To make these healthy no bake cookies start by melting both the peanut butter ad the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add the coconut sugar and stir until dissolved. Do not boil the mixture.
Remove the pot from the heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until all the chocolate is melted then add in the vanilla and salt and stir one more time. Add in the oats and the chia seeds and stir one last time until everything is fully coated.
Let the mixture rest at room temperature for for 20-30 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Using your heart cookie cutter scoop out 2-3 tablespoons (or a small cookie scoop’s worth) into the center of the cookie cutter.
Flatten the mix with the back of a spoon then carefully remove the cookie cutter. Repeat this process until you are done with the oat mixture
Top the healthy no bake cookies with sprinkles and then chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Healthy No Bake Valentine’s Day Cookies
No bake Valentine’s day cookies
- a small pot
- a heart cookie cutter
- First, start by melting both the peanut butter and the coconut oil together in a small pot. Stir until smooth then add the coconut sugar then stir until the sugar is dissolved. By this time the mixture is just about to boil but do not boil it.
- Move the pot off the heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until all the chocolate is melted and well incorporated. Add in the vanilla and the salt and stir one more time to combine.
- Add in the oats and the chia seeds and stir until everything is coated with the peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Let the mixture rest in the pot for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and using your heart cookie cutter scoop out 2-3 tablespoons in the center. Flatten using the back of the spoon and then remove the cookie cutter. Repeat this process until you are completely done with all the oat mixture. Top the cookie with pink sprinkles if you are making these for valentine's day.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and let the cookies solidify in there for 20 minutes.
Shop this recipe
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you enjoyed reading these healthy no bake valentine’s day cookies make sure to pin this article for later!
So if you’re ever in need of a healthy dessert with peanut butter, I really hope you give these no bake cookies a try! Also, make sure to share your end results with me since I’d love to see how your cookies turned out. You can reach me here INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK.