These apple cheesecake bars are absolutely out of this world and the perfect way to use up all those apples you get from the orchard. With a sugar cookie base, a vanilla bean creamy cheesecake layer, cinnamon apples, and a crunchy cinnamon crumble topping. This is truly a perfect fall treat!
Since you are here, make sure to check out this Crumbl apple pie cookies, apple cider bundt cake, better than Krispy Kreme apple donuts, these cinnamon baked apples, as well as this Dutch apple pie with streusel.
This is the best apple cheesecake bars recipe ever!
This apple cheesecake bar recipe is one of my family’s favorite desserts of the fall.
It is made with simple ingredients and turns them into an elevated dessert that you won’t be able to get enough of!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This is the perfect fall dessert!
- It is a great way to use up all those extra apples from when you went apple picking.
- This recipe uses layers of shortbread crust, cheesecake, a cinnamon apple layer, a crunchy brown sugar streusel topping, and caramel drizzle on top. It really embodies the spirit of fall in one dessert.
- These bars have the best combination of textures. From the creamy center to the crunchy crust and streusel. Definitely addictive!
Ingredients for these apple crisp cheesecake bars
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cheesecake apple crisp bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar
- Cream cheese- We want our cream cheese to be at room temperature to be able to mix the rest of the ingredients into it.
- Vanilla bean paste & vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Apples- you can use granny smith apples to balance out the sweetness of this recipe.
- Lemon juice
- Change the crust- Some people love a good traditional crust made with graham crackers. It would be delicious in this recipe so use that if you’d like instead of the shortbread crust.
- Mix up the apples you use- A mixture of granny smith, Honeycrisp apples, and even some Gala apples, or use one single variety. Play around with your favorites!
- Use an apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake mixture. You won’t get the same fresh apple flavor but it is great when you don’t have that much time.
How to make these apple crumble cheesecake bars.
This is how you can make one of the best apple desserts ever! Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
The streusel topping
- In a small bowl mix the cubed cold butter, brown sugar, salt, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Use either your hands or a pastry cutter.
- Once the mixture is combined well and has small clumps, set aside in the fridge for later.
The shortbread crust
- In a medium bowl cream the flour, both sugars, vanilla extract, and salt together until soft cookie dough forms.
- Spread the cookie dough on an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes.
The cream cheese mixture
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla bean paste, and heavy cream until combined.
- Mix in the egg.
- Pour the mixture over the warm crust.
The apple filling
- Mix the diced apples with the lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
Bake the dessert
- Top the apple layer with the cold oat streusel.
- Bake your desserts in the preheated oven then allow it to cool down fully before chilling in the fridge overnight.
- Drizzle with some caramel sauce, slice, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these cheesecake bars?
You can store these in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Any longer than that you will start noticing the crust and the streusel getting a little soggy.
Can these apple cheesecake bars be frozen?
Yes, these bars can be made ahead of time and frozen for later.
Allow the cheesecake to cool down fully then wrap it with plastic wrap tightly. Wrap again with aluminum foil, transfer to a freezer-safe bag or ziplock, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight then top with the caramel before serving.
Can I turn these into caramel apple cheesecake bars?
Absolutely! You can easily turn these bars into caramel apple bars by drizzling caramel sauce on top. Both storebought or homemade caramel sauce works great.
The best Apple cheesecake bars
The best Apple cheesecake bars
For the Streusel Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter ¼ cup butter = ½ stick butter, cubed, cold.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese 1 & ½ package full fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 & ½ tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Apple Layer:
- 2 cups peeled cored, and diced apples (about 2 medium-sized apples)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the Crust:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter ½ cup butter = 1 stick butter, softened
Make the streusel
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on two sides for easy removal.
- In a bowl mix the cubed cold butter, brown sugar, salt, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Use either your hands or a pastry cutter. Once the mixture is combined well and has small clumps, set aside in the fridge for later.½ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup oats, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ cup butter
Make the crust
- In a medium bowl cream the flour, both sugars, vanilla extract, and salt together until soft cookie dough forms.1 cup all purpose flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ cup butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread the cookie dough on an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Press to form an even layer. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes.
Make the cheesecake filling
- In a separate bowl, prepare the cream cheese filling. Beat the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, granulated sugar, flour, and vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste until smooth and well combined. Mix in the egg.12 oz cream cheese, 3 tablespoon heavy cream, 1 & ½ tablespoon flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the warm sugar cookie crust.
Make the apple mixture
- In a small bowl, toss the diced apples with ground cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.2 cups peeled, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle the prepared streusel topping over the apples, covering them evenly.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
- Remove the apple cheesecake bars from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, refrigerate the bars for at least 2 hours to allow them to set and chill.
- Once chilled, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift the bars out of the pan. Place them on a cutting board and slice into squares. Enjoy as is or with a caramel drizzle on top.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!