This apple cider donut bundt cake is gonna take you all the way back to your apple picking days at your favorite orchard, ending the day with warm, perfectly spiced apple cider donuts. This apple bundt cake is moist, tender, and has just the right amount of spice to tingle all your senses.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll also love these Easy Cinnamon baked Apples, Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato (iced and hot), The Best Dutch Apple Pie with Crumb Topping and also the Better Than Krispy Kreme Apple Donuts.
Let me show you how to turn your favorite fall apple cider donuts into an apple cider bundt cake with minimum effort. Yes, I said it, this recipe is so easy… Especially when you compare it to how laborious fried apple cider donuts are.
This recipe requires a few pantry staples that you’ll throw together to create some magic in the kitchen.
This is the best apple cider donut cake recipe ever!
Every fall, I find myself reverting back to making this easy apple cake, and trust me people ask for the recipe every time so why not share it on here to make everyone’s life easier.
This cake is perfect to serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea too!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It tastes just like a fair apple cider donut.
- This apple cider doughnut bundt cake is so much easier to make than apple cider donuts.
- It is an easy yet impressive dessert.
- This recipe is a great way to use up extra apple cider.
- If you’re ever looking for a bundt cake that spread fall, then this is for you!
What is apple cider bundt cake?
Well, Apple cider bundt cake is pretty much an homage to our favorite apple cider donuts that we always get when we go apple picking at the orchard. It is a spiced apple cake made with apple cider and apple sauce to really bring out those flavors while keeping it extra moist. It is then finished with a generous spreading of butter and a drizzle of cinnamon sugar.
Ingredients for this Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this apple cider donut bundt cake. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Flour- All purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg– The nutmeg and cinnamon mixture will add extra fall spice to this apple bundt cake.
- Baking powder & baking soda– The bakinf powder and baking soda will help leaven the cake.
- Salt– The salt will balance out the sweetness of the cake.
- Oil – You can use vegetable or canola oil for this cake.
- Brown & granulated sugar– The combination of the two sugar will help keep the cake moist and add extra depth of flavor.
- Vanilla- The vanilla extract helps bring out more depth of flavor.
- Egg– Make sure to use eggs at room temeprature.
- Apple cider– Don’t use apple juice, it isn’t the same as apple cider. You can use homemade or stor ebough apple cider.
- Apple sauce– The apple sauce will add extra apple flavor and keep the cake moist.
- Butter– The butter is used to coat the cake after baking it so that the cinnamon sugar mixture sticks to it.
How to make Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
This is how you can make your own apple cider bundt cake recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine the apple cider and apple sauce together and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Alternate between the dry ingredients and the apple cider mixture into the egg, oil and sugar mixture. Making sure to start and finish with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter onto the bundt cake pan and bake in the oven.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before flipping it onto a cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack on a larger baking sheet, parchment paper, or wax paper then brush with the melted butter and generously sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Let the cake cool down before slicing into it and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Tips to make the best Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
- Use room temperature ingredients- Using room temperature ingredients will ensure that everything mixed properly.
- Make sure to use apple cider and not apple juice– Apple juice and apple cider are two different things so make sure to use the right ingredients for this apple cider bundt cake.
- Don’t overmix the batter once you add in the flour- Overmixing the batter will yield a tough and dry cake, which is the opposite of what we want. Stop mixing once the flour disappears.
- Make sure to grease your pan well– I like to use a homemade good which constitutes of shortening, vegetable oil, and flour. It is easy to make and you can store it for a while in the pantry. I literally swear by this recipe. No more cakes sticking to the pan!
- Let the cake cook down fully before slicing into it– The heat of the cake will continue to cook the center or the cake and help it set as it cools down. So make sure not to slice into it while it’s still piping hot.
Can I make this apple cider doughnut bundt cake in advance?
This cake is best made and enjoyed the same day especially since it has a good amount of cinnamon sugar coating.
The longer it sits the less crunchy that cinnamon sugar topping becomes so if you’re okay with that then feel free to make it in advance, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
How to store aple cider donut bundt cake?
You can store this apple cider cake in an air-tight at room temperature container for up to 2 days. I like to warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds to get it warm and fresh again.
Keep in mind that it is best on the same day!
Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
If you made this apple cider donut cake and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Apple cider donut bundt cake recipe
- 3 cup AP flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
Cinnamon sugar coating
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar Mix this with the cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon Mix this with the granulated sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then generously grease a 10 cup or standard size bundt cake and set aside. I usually make my own cake goop recipe, and it always helps the cake come out of the pan so easily.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, mix the apple cider and the apple sauce together. and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs together until smooth.
- Alternate between the dry ingredients and the apple cider mixture into the egg, oil, and sugar mixture. Make sure to begin and end with the flour, and don't overmix the batter!
- Pour the apple cider donut batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully inverting it onto a cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack over a large baking sheet, parchment paper, or wax paper, and brush the warm cake with the melted butter. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve once the cake has fully cooled down.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
I made this for company tonight. We all enjoyed it! I think it is the perfect amount of spices and flavor. I can’t wait to enjoy tomorrow with a cup of coffee. Thank you for a great recipe. I will be trying more of yours. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻✅❤️
So happy to hear this Debra! 🙂
Such a good, comfort food type cake! I made the cake with two packets of apple cider mix in one cup of water to give it a little more apple taste and it was divine. Thinking about when I make this again to add some diced apple.