These easy patriotic m&m’s blondies are a simple and delicious treat to make for the fourth of July, memorial day, or even labor day! They are made with both red white and blue m&m candies and chocolate chips or chunks and will become your and your family’s newest obsession.
This is the best Patriotic m&m’s blondies recipe!
If you’ve been looking for fun recipes to make this summer for all the patriotic holidays, I got you covered. These are perfect for summer picnics, get-togethers, or just for some fun weeknight baking when you are craving a little something sweet.
This special dessert includes both m&m’s and chocolate chunks for crunchy and chocolaty festive treats that everyone will enjoy.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These easy cookie bars are perfect for celebrating
- This is a great recipe that is both delicious and eye-catching.
- They are shareable and portable. Make a large batch to share during your own patriotic party or to bring to friends and family for their own patriotic celebration and summer gatherings.
- This fresh batch of blondies is versatile because it can be decorated as you, please. Top it with the m&m’s before baking or use festive red white and blue sprinkles for even more of a wow factor!
Ingredients for this patriotic blondie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this perfect treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Brown sugar- You can use light brown sugar for this recipe. No need for white sugar in these because we want them extra soft.
- Vanilla extract – Add a little vanilla extract for more depth of flavor.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this. We wi not be using any baking powder or baking soda for these, we want them extra fudgy just like brownies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- M&m’s– Can’t have m&m’s blondies without the M&M’s! Use whichever ones you prefer
- Chocolate chunks or chips- Use high-quality chocolate for better-tasting blondies.
How to make these Patriotic m&m’s blondies
This is how you can make these 4th of July cookie bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and m&m’s then spread in a prepared 8×8 inch baking pan, top with extra m&m’s, and bake.
- Let the blondies cool down fully on a wire rack before slicing into them.
You can make this using a hand mixer / electric mixer, by hand using a whisk and spatula, and
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these patriotic m&m’s blondies?
You can store these blondies in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
CAN I FREEZE Patriotic m&m’s blondies?
You can freeze these once they’re completely cooled down in an air tight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge or in the microwave for a few seconds once you’re ready to enjoy them again.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE?
Yes! you can double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 2-3 more minutes, cool and enjoy!
Patriotic m&m’s blondies recipe
Patriotic m&m’s blondies
- An 8×8 baking pan
- ½ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup AP flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup red, white, and blue m&m's regular or mini, extra for topping (optional)
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar chopped, or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.½ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix until combined.1 large egg, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix. Fold in the chopped-up chocolate and the M&m's.1 ½ cup AP flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ cup red, white, and blue m&m's, 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar
- Spread the blondie mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, top with extra m&m's and chopped chocolate, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.
- 5 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- A week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 2 months in an air-tight container in the freezer!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!