This small batch brownies recipe will blow your mind! It is made with a handful of simple ingredients to bring you the fudgiest and chewiest brownie of your life. This recipe yields a chewier brownie that is almost too easy to throw together. Trust me I made them 15 times since I came up with this recipe. I like to think that it was for research purposes so I can really give you something you can trust, but in reality, they are just that good!
Since you’re here I know you will also love these other small batch recipes! Try this small batch chocolate chip cookies recipe, small batch snickerdoodle cookies, small batch brownies cookies, and even this small batch Nutella brownie recipe.
This is the recipe that you will find yourself going back to over and over again when that specific chocolate craving for something rich and fudgy hits. It is made with a combination of oil and butter to keep it extra fudgy and uses high-quality cocoa powder for the best-flavored brownie.
This is the best small batch brownie recipe ever!
Sometimes you just don’t need a whole pan of brownies for making something in a loaf pan yielding just enough to curb that sweet tooth but without leaving you with a ton of leftovers is just what you need.
The best part is that I have the recipe for you that I know you will truly love! Bonus points, these will taste even better the next day so no need to try and finish them all the day you make them! Leave some to enjoy with your cup of coffee!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is insanely delicious especially if you have a sweet tooth and are a chocoalte lover like myself.
- This recipe yields a super chewy brownie with perfect crackly tops on each bite!
- It is made in one bowl, AKA easier cleanup!
- You probably already have the ingredients for this small batch brownies recipe in your pantry making it even easier on you to make on weeknights!
- It is the perfect dessert if you only need enough for 3-4 people.
Ingredients for these perfect brownies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this small ba. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter & oil- This recipe uses a mix of fat to create that chewy and fudgy texture at the same time. You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– This recipe uses a mixture of brown sugar and white sugar to get us that crinkly top brownie with the perfect chew to it.
- Egg– Use a large egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- This will help add a bit of depth of flavor to our brownies.
- Cocoa powder- Use high-quality cocoa powder for this recipe because it is what will give us that chocolatey brownie flavor.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Salt– A little bit of salt will help balance out the sweetness of our brownies.
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks– You can use your favorite chocolate chips here or a chopped-up chocolate bar. I prefer using a chopped-up high-quality chocolate bar to give us those stunning pools of chocolate once you slice into the brownies.
How to make this small-batch brownies recipe?
This is how you can make these brownies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter and oil together in a microwave-safe bowl or on a double boiler
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugar into the melted butter mixture until slightly dissolved. do this for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and whisk gently just to combine.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Mix in the chopped-up chocolate chunks to combine.
- Pour the brownie batter into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let your fudgy brownies cool down fully before slicing into them.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this small batch of brownies?
It is very likely that you will not have any leftovers here since this is the perfect size brownie, but just in case you do. Place your brownies into an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can microwave your brownies for a few seconds before enjoying them again to get all warm and gooey again.
Can I freeze these chocolatey brownies?
Yes! Place your brownies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
You can enjoy your brownies frozen or thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for an hour or so.
Fun brownie variations
- Mix in white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even nuts in the batter.
- Frost the cooled-down brownies with your favorite frosting.
- Use a holiday cookie cutter to make cute brownie shapes (think bats and skulls for Halloween, or Santa for Christmas)
- Swirl in melted peanut butter or Nutella on top before baking
Can I double this recipe?
You sure can! If you double this recipe, bake it in an 8×8 inch pan and start checking for doneness at around 25-30 minutes. To know if it’s done, you want to insert a toothpick in the center and have it come out with just a few moist crumbs.
Small-batch brownies recipe
Easy small batch brownies recipe
- Start by preheating the oven to 325F then line a 9×5 or an 8×5 baking pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the butter and the oil in the microwave or on the stove top in a medium saucepan.
- If you melted the butter in a saucepan transfer to a large bowl, if not just add in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar to the butter and whisk until the mixture is fully combined.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and whisk to combine. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until the flour mixture disappears. Fold in the chocolate chunks then pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the brownie batter to cover the full loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- You will know your brownies are ready when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out with just a few wet crumbs. Let the brownies cool down completely before slicing into them and enjoying!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!