This Starbucks brownies recipe creates some of the most delicious brownies that taste just like the ones you would get at your local coffee shop! these double chocolate brownies are one of the best things that you will do for yourself, plus this is a great recipe that uses simple ingredients and is super to impress both your friends and family every time!
Since you love this Starbucks copycat recipe, you have to also check out this Starbucks Grilled Cheese Recipe, this Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino Recipe, or this Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato Recipe.
This is the best Starbucks fudgy brownies out there!
We all love the Stabrucks brownies but have you had copycat Starbucks brownies from the comfort of your own home?! Well, this fabulous treat will deliver just that and your entire family can enjoy it for a fraction of the price.
I decided to go for something even better than the brownies you usually get at Starbucks and a great way to do that is to add some melted chocolate into the mix. It adds extra richness and a fudgy texture that every chocolate lover will be obsessed with!
Ingredients for this Starbucks double chocolate chunk brownies recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this copycat Starbucks brownies recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe. As long as you are using real butter you are good!
- Chocolate bar – High-quality chocolate here is extremely important because it will add a ton of flavor to our chewy brownies.
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs – We will be using two large eggs to add extra richness to this brownie recipe. Just make sure they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
- Flour – All-purpose flour works great here.
- Cocoa powder – Make sure you use high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder to ensure your brownies have the best flavor.
- Chocolate chunks – I used dark chocolate chunks but feel free to use semisweet chocolate chips if that is what you have on hand.
- Add a teaspoon of espresso powder to the melted chocolate-butter mixture to elevate the chocolate flavor and turn these into starbucks espresso brownies.
How to make Starbucks chocolate brownie recipe
This is how you can make this homemade Starbucks brownies recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and chopped chocolate and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments or over a double boiler.
- Once fully melted, add in the granulated sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, and flour mixture and whisk one more time to combine. Make sure you do not overmix the brownie batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks then pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with more chocolate chunks and bake in the preheated oven for 28 minutes.
- The hardest part is to allow your brownies to cool down fully before slicing into them and enjoying them.
Why do you need to make this Starbuck’s double fudge brownies recipe?
- This recipe will give you a step-by-step to make a successful Starbucks brownie!
- It’s easy and will taste even better than the Starbucks one.
- We are using fresh ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. No crazy preservatives or anything.
- These are even better than the real thing, promise!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to store leftover brownies?
These brownies store so well! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days but you can store them in the fridge for longer.
Can I freeze these brownies?
Place your cooled-down brownies in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the brownies to thaw on the counter for a few hours before enjoying or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to heat them up faster.
What is the best thing to enjoy with this Starbucks brownies recipe?
These brownies are so rich on their own that they would be great as a sweet treat or with a cup of coffee! But here are a few other ideas on how to serve them and what to enjoy with them:
- Top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Slice into bite-size pieces and mix into your ice cream.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce on top of your fudgiest brownies.
How Can I Get the Perfect Brownie Slices Every Time?
My best trick is to use a very sharp knife. Keep it in a tall glass of hot water then clean it with a paper towel before slicing it into your brownies.
Make sure to dip your knife in the hot/warm water in between each slice then clean it well so that you make sure that your slices through that decadent chocolate ganache always come out clean and SHARP!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! You can double the ingredients in this Starbucks brownies recipe and bake them in a 9×13-inch pan. Just make sure to check the center of your brownies using a toothpick at the 28-30-minute mark to check for doneness.
Can I substitute oil for the butter in this recipe?
The butter adds a ton of flavor to the brownies especially if you use high-quality butter, plus it makes these brownies extra fudgy.
The oil will change the texture of these brownies so I highly recommend you stick with the butter as suggested by the recipe card. If you do change up the ingredients be aware that the texture of your brownies might be slightly different!
Double Chocolate Starbucks Brownies Recipe Copycat
Starbucks brownies recipe
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted
- 2 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ½ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and the 2 ounces of chocolate together. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the granulated sugar until well combined then add in the eggs one at a time then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly and top with the ½ cup leftover chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before cutting them into squares.