The Starbucks sugar cookie almond milk latte is the newest holiday craze. It is slightly nutty, sweet, and so comforting. It is usually made with almond milk but you can make it with whatever milk your heart desires. Bring a little holiday cheer with Starbucks newest menu addition!
If you love Starbucks, you need to try the Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew Copycat Recipe, The best Starbucks Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew, Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew, Hot Vanilla Latte Starbucks Copycat recipe and even the Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato (iced and hot).
I was today years old when I went to Starbucks to try their iced sugar cookie almond milk lattes and kinda loved it. I mean it tastes like any Starbucks drink, which at the end of the day if we’re being fully honest tastes pretty similar.
The cool thing about it is that it has sprinkles on top, who doesn’t like sprinkles?! The Starbucks sprinkles are more of a lighter red and lighter green colored sprinkles but hey A for effort.
This is the best Starbucks iced sugar cookie almond milk latte
When I took my first sip it tastes beautifully nutty and had just the right amount of sweetness, but the problem is that a drink costs on average $4, and that quickly adds up and will make. pretty big dent in your wallet.
That’s why I knew I needed to make a homemade option! I hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Espresso + sweet syrup + milk, need I say more?
- It is very festive, I would say that this drink is definitely more festive than the one you would get from Starbucks.
- It is topped with sprinkles!!
- This recipe will help you avoid the long lines and make your newest favorite drink at home.
- Save that money baby! This recipe will also help you save a few extra bucks per drink as well.
Ingredients for this Starbucks sugar cookie latte
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Starbucks winter menu sugar cookie latte. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brown & granulated sugar- This recipe uses brown and granulated sugar for the sugar cookie simple syrup.
- Vanilla extract, almond extract, and butter extract- To make this simple syrup taste like a sugar cookie we will be using a mix of three different extract, the butter one being optional because I know it can be hard to find.
- Espresso– I use the Starbucks blonde roast nespresso pods but you can use any espresso shots that you prefer. You can also substitute it with instant coffee if you don’t have espresso at home. Checkout the FAQ for more detail on this.
- Almond milk– The traditional Starbucks drink asks for almond milk so we are gonna stick with that for this recipe but feel free to use whatever you’d like!
- Christmas sprinkles– Starbucks has red and green sprinkles for their drink but you can use the regular red white and green sprinkles for yours.
How to make this sugar cookie simple syrup for your Starbucks copycat drink?
This is how you can make this Starbucks holiday drink at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a sauce pan over medium heat mix the water, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and butter extract and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- You can either store the syrup now or use it to make your drink.
Make the Starbucks iced sugar cookie almond milk latte
- Fill a cup with ice then add in your simples syrup.
- Top it with almond milk and espresso, give it a good stir and top with some Christmas sprinkles and enjoy!
How to make Starbucks sugar cookie almond milk latte step by step video
How to store this Starbucks sugar cookie syrup?
You can store this simple syrup in a jar or an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I doubt it will last that long though, it is absolutely delicious!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Is this the same as the Starbucks iced sugar cookie almond milk latte?
It is as close as you’ll get!
Before recreating this recipe I went and grabbed a drink for myself to see how it would taste and tried to recreate it at home. With the homemade sugar cookie syrup, you will have a very similar drink! Now top it with some sprinkles and you got yourself a winner!
Can I make this iced and hot?
Absolutely! This syrup goes well with both a hot drink and an iced drink. I’m a huge iced drink fan but also love a nice and coy hot drink. The only difference would be steaming your milk first, adding in the espresso coffee, no ice, and topping the whole thing with some whipped cream and decorative sprinkles.
Is Starbucks sugar cookie latte dairy-free?
The sugar cookie syrup itself is dairy-free, when getting the original one from Starbucks it should be dairy-free as well since it is made with almond milk.
Of course, if you don’t care for it being dairy-free you can use dairy milk.
I don’t have an espresso machine at home what can I do?
If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can always use 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee mixed with 3 tablespoons of hot water instead of espresso.
You could also go with regular brewed coffee instead of espresso. That would technically make a cafe au lait and not really a latte but desperate times, call for desperate measures.
Does this recipe only work with almond milk?
No, you can actually use whatever milk you’d like for this recipe. I think Starbucks went with the Almond milk to keep it in the theme of holidays because so many delicious holiday treats are made with almonds.
I actually hear that this drink comes out so good with soymilk and sweet cream cold foam.
Is there a store bought alternative for this Starbucks sugar cookie syrup?
I haven’t tried anything store-bought yet except for my Starbucks drink. if you want to make this easier on yourself you can try this Jordan’s Skinny mixes sugar cookie syrup. It is a skinny syrup so it might not work for everyone.
Can I make this holiday sugar cookie latte recipe ahead of time?
You can make everything up until the coffee addition in advance. This holiday simple syrup stores really well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can literally pull out the jar, use some in your coffee then put it back.
Starbucks sugar cookie latte
If you made a Starbucks sugar cookie latte and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Starbucks Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte Copycat Recipe (Hot or Cold)
Starbucks iced sugar cookie almond milk latte
- ¾ cup Almond milk
- 2 oz blonde espresso shot use any espresso shot you'd like. Feel free to add more.
- Christmas sprinkles
- whipped cream optional for hot drink
Starbucks Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
- In a medium saucepan add in the water, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and the butter extract if you have it.
- Heat up on medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved then remove from the heat.
- You can either transfer this to an air-tight jar and store it for later or continue reading the directions to make your Starbucks copycat drink immediately.
Make the iced sugar cookie almond milk latte
- In a large glass, add some ice, 2-4 tablespoons of the homemade sugar cookie syrup, almond milk, and top it with freshly brewest espresso shots.
- Decorate with the sprinkles, give it a good stir and enjoy!
Make the hot sugar cookie almond milk latte
- Start by steaming the milk, then pour it into a tall mug, add in 2-4 tablespoons of the sugar cookie syrup, top it with the espresso shot, add whipped cream if you'd like, decorate with sprinkles and enjoy!
Can I make this holiday sugar cookie latte recipe ahead of time?You can make everything up until the coffee addition in advance. This holiday simple syrup stores really well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can literally pull out the jar, use some in your coffee then put it back.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!