This Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe is an easy recipe made with simple ingredients that you might already have on hand. It is the perfect addition to any iced drink that you want to take to the next level.
This is the best Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe
What is vanilla sweet cream cold foam?
Vanilla sweet cream cold foam is a type of foam that is used as a topping for cold beverages like iced coffee or cold brew. It is a creamy, sweet, and slightly vanilla-flavored foam that adds a velvety texture and rich taste to your drink.
The foam is made with a combination of vanilla syrup, heavy cream, and milk, which are whipped together using a blender or a frother. The result is a light and fluffy foam that is poured over the cold beverage to create a layered effect.
It is popular in a ton of Starbucks drinks. It can also be customized with additional flavors like caramel or hazelnut syrup, or made with non-dairy alternatives like almond milk or oat milk for those with dietary restrictions.
So what is vanilla sweet cream?
At Starbucks they have a vanilla sweet cream that you can add to your coffees to give it extra sweetness and creaminess. It’s pretty much a very simple mixture of heavy cream, vanilla syrup, and 2% milk. It’s a super easy creamer that you can make at home using this copycat vanilla sweet cream recipe that I have on the blog for you!
Okay but what is cold foam then?
The Starbucks cold foam is a chilled foam that is a dairy-baes topping for their cold brew coffees. It is made with nonfat milk and vanilla syrup to sweeten it. So technically in this blog post, you will notice that we took two drink mix-is and combined them into one for the most delicious thing to add on top of your drink.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Cost-effective- Making this cold foam recipe at home will save you a to of money in the long run.
- Customization- You can customize your vanilla sweet cream cold foam to your liking. Use different syrups to change up the flavors of your sweet cream cold foam and enjoy it in your favorite cold drinks.
- Convenience- By learning how to make this you will be able yo enjoy your favorite iced coffee drink with the ultimate sweet vanilla foam in the comfort of your own home any time you’d like!
Ingredients for this copycat Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this sweet cream cold brew cold foam. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Heavy cream- The heavy whipping cream is what will help us get that perfectly smooth texture.
- 2% milk – Starbucks uses 2% milk in their cold sweet cream foam, I also like using whole milk for a creamy texture that is even thicker.
- Vanilla syrup– I think using store-bought vanilla syrup makes this super convenient. Feel free to use homemade vanilla syrup for this as well.
Here are a few fun substitutions you can use in this recipe:
- If you don’t have vanilla syrup feel free to use vanilla bean paste with simple syrup to mimic the vanilla flavor and sweetness from the vanilla syrup.
- Feel free to use maple syrup and vanilla bean paste as well to sweeten your sweet cream cold doam.
How to make sweet cold foam for your morning coffee
This is how you can make this simple sweet cream cold foam recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- To a glass add the heavy cream, the milk, and the vanilla syrup.
- Using a handheld frother froth the mixture for 30-60 seconds depending on how strong th
- Pour over your iced drink and enjoy! Typically you want about ⅓ cup to 12 cup of cold foam on your coffee drinks.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What should I top with my vanilla sweet cream cold foam?
The possibilities are endless but usually, people would get this on top of their favorite cold brew coffee but I have ordered this on top of the pink drink, refreshers, lattes, and even some tea drinks!
WHY DO I NEED TO USE CREAM AND MILK?
The main reason why we need to use a mixture of milk and heavy cream is to not end up with whipped cream. Because at the end of the day we want a silky smooth cream mixture that we can use to top our cold coffee.
How can I make this if I don’t have a handheld milk frother?
If you do not have a frother you can also use a French press. Add your ingredients to the container and frother by moving the pump up and down vigorously until the desired consistency is achieved.
You can also use an immersion blender, an electric milk frother, or even a mason jar and some elbow grease! Close the lid of the jar tightly and shake well until the desired consistency is achieved.
Can I store this for later?
If you want to make extra and store it for later, I would recommend not frothing it until you are ready to enjoy it. Keep the mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Once ready to enjoy it, just froth with an electric frother until creamy foam appears and enjoy!
Staburkc vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-2 tablespoon vanilla syrup depending on how sweet you like it.
- Add all of your ingredients to a glass and using a handheld frother, froth until thick and creamy.⅓ cup heavy cream, 1-2 tablespoon vanilla syrup, 3 tablespoon 2% milk
- Pour on top of cold brew or favorite ice drink and enjoy.
Read the notes for different methods to make this if you don't have a handheld milk frother.
How can I make this if I don’t have a handheld milk frother?If you do not have a frother you can also use a French press. Add your ingredients to the container and frother by moving the pump up and down vigorously until the desired consistency is achieved. You can also use an immersion blender, an electric milk frother, or even a mason jar and some elbow grease! Close the lid of the jar tightly and shake well until the desired consistency is achieved.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!