This Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is a simple Starbucks cold brew recipe that everyone is obsessed with! It is made with heavy cream, half and half or milk, and vanilla syrup. That mixture is then poured on top of an ice cold brew for a very refreshing drink.
Starbucks copycat recipe at home!
You know that drink that pretty much everyone and their mother orders at Starbucks but that bill adds up quickly because their drinks average $3-$7 a pop.
It is one of those coffee drinks that you can have in the summer or even in the wintertime because it’s such a coffee shop staple. It is made with an ice cold cold brew coffee that is topped with a super easy-to-make vanilla sweet cream cold foam. You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients and this drink will be yours in no time!
Your favorite Starbucks sweet cream cold brew recipe! Ps: It’ll save you a lot of money too…
Why you will love this!
- Save money with this recipe!
- You’ll get a large batch of sweet cream for the week.
- Save time by avoiding the drive-through as well!
- The flavor is unmatched!
- It’ll be ready in less than 5 minutes.
What Is Sweet Cream?
Starbucks sweet cream is a smooth, lightly sweetened, very creamy vanilla creamer. The density of the sweet cream is what allows it to cascade gently in your cold brew drink, gorgeous!
To make this homemade vanilla bean sweet cream creamer, you will need the following ingredients:
- Half and half
- Heavy cream
- Maple syrup or vanilla simple syrup (storebought or homemade vanilla syrup)
- Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract- Use this if you are making this drink with maple syrup. You can omit if you are using vanilla syrup.
- Cold-brew coffee– store-bought or make your own cold brew.
What is cold brew?
Cold brew is as you might’ve guessed coffee that is brewed with cold water. The process takes a little more time than regular brewed coffee but makes the final cup of joe a whole lot less acidic. This yields a smoother and less acidic coffee that tastes incredible over ice.
Is this sweet cream cold brew too sweet?
It is not. This sweet cream contains a little maple/vanilla syrup to bring the natural sweetness of the cream out.
How to make sweet cream at home?
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to get them incorporated. You can also use a handheld frother, make sure to not overmix. Top your cold brew coffee with it and enjoy.
- Transfer the rest to a jar, seal tightly, and store in the fridge for future use.
How to make cold brew coffee concentrate at home
If you decide to go with the homemade cold brew option here is how you can make it at home. You will need:
- 4 oz coarse coffee grounds
- 4 cup water
Mix the water and the ground coffee together in a large glass pitcher, a bottle, or a jar, and steep for 12-24 hours.
Strain the coffee using a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the coffee ground then pour the cold brew back in the cleaned jar or bottle. Strain the coffee a second time if you notice tiny coffee ground in there.
Store the cold brew in a mason jar or glass bottle in the fridge for up to one month. Whenever you’re ready to use it, just dilute it a bit before adding your vanilla sweet cream.
Is this drink healthy?
It depends. You’ll know exactly what’s in it but it is high in fat and contains sugar.
The cool part is that you can make this Starbucks copycat sweet cream recipe keto if you use sugar-free vanilla syrup instead of maple syrup.
How to store this copycat version of Starbucks sweet cream?
Store in a large jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Vanilla sweet cream cold brew
Vanilla sweet cream cold brew – Starbucks Copycat
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2-4 tablespoon maple syrup (can use vanilla syrup instead) Use 4 tablespoon if you like it sweeter.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste If you use vanilla syrup omit this.
For the cold brew coffee
- 1 cup cold brew coffee either homemade or store bought
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup vanilla sweet cream
- Add all the ingredients in a medium bowl and gently whisk to get them incorporated. Top your cold brew coffee with some of this homemade Starbucks copycat sweet cream and enjoy.
- Transfer the rest to a jar and seal tightly and store in the fridge for future use.
Make the vanilla sweet cream cold brew
- Add the ice to a glass, top it with cold brew, top it all with the vanilla sweet cream and enjoy.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!