Enjoy a Starbucks salted cream cold foam cold brew at home! This is an easy Starbucks copycat iced coffee recipe that can be made at home to avoid the drive through and same some money too! It only requires 4 ingredients plus cold brew and tastes just like the real deal. It is crazy, sweet, salty, and perfectly foamy.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I have been on a roll with the Starbucks coffee recipes on the blog lately.
In fact, many people have requested different variations on Starbucks drinks so I will keep them coming for you guys. If you have any recipe that you would love to see, let me know in the comments below!
This is one of my favorite recipes actually. Whether it is from Starbucks or from Philz Coffee in California, I will probably order this over anything else. Actually, I would order the mint mojito iced coffee at Philz because it’s magic.
But as far as my go to comfort drink, this is it and I am so happy to have been able to recreate it for you guys!
This is the best homemade salted cold foam cold brew coffee recipe you will ever make at home!
One of the main things that inspired me to recreate this Starbucks drink is the fact that the drink itself usually runs for about $5 a piece, which is insane to me! I mean it’s just iced coffee, right?
It is just iced coffee, but we are paying for the name, the actual brand itself can charge that because of the name they created for themselves. That’s why we can skip the name and make it ourselves at home to avoid the drive through and keep that $5 save in our wallet!
What’s so special about this Starbucks salted cold foam cold brew?
- Saves you all the moneys and time.
- Easy to make.
- Tastes just like the real deal (or even better!).
- Can be made at home.
- Sweet and salty with a perfect kick of caffeine to start your day.
Ingredients to make salted cold foam for cold brew coffee
Here are the ingredients you will need to make your own salted cold foam for cold brew. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card to find the exact measurements for this recipe.
- Milk– The milk will balance out the heaviness of the heavy cream to create the smoothest silkiest foam!
- Heavy cream- the heavy whipping cream is used to thicken the mixture and create the perfect foam for your iced coffee.
- Maple syrup– The maple syrup adds a light sweetness and balance to this sweet and salty drink.
- Sea salt– The sea salt is what will add the saltiness that comes through in this cold foam cold brew.
- Cold brew coffee– And of course, we need the base of this drink, cold brew!
What is cold brew?
Cold brew, simply said is coffee that has been brewed without heat. For instance, the process of brewing cold brew requires time though but will yield an amazingly smooth coffee that is not acidic at all. Cold brew coffee is great to make refreshing smoother drinks.
This Starbucks copycat cold brew drink is sweet and salty. It is lightly sweetened with maple syrup and has a hint of salt from the cold foam.
Grab more Starbucks copycat drink recipes here
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with No Ice Cream
- Easy Starbucks Iced Green Tea Matcha Latte
- Starbucks Matcha Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Copycat
First things first, you will have to decide between whether you want to make your own cold brew coffee at home or purchase it from the store.
I have done both, making your own cold brew at home is super rewarding and kinda fun. But I have also purchased my cold brew from my local grocery store. There are a few brands that I enjoy:
- The Starbucks one is a classic
- I also love the Chameleon cold brew it is very strong and delicious.
- Stok cold brew is one for the books as well!
How to brew cold brew at home?
If you decide to go the route of making your own cold brew coffee here is how you can do that in the comfort of your own home. Here is what you will need to make it at home:
- 4oz coarsely ground coffee
- 4 cups water
- Mix the water and the ground coffee together in a large glass jar, a bottle, or a pitcher, and steep for 12-24 hours.
- Strain the coffee using a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer. After that discard the coffee ground then pour the cold brew back in the cleaned jar or bottle. Strain the coffee a second time if you notice tiny coffee ground in there.
- Store the cold brew in a jar or glass bottle in the fridge for up to one month. Whenever you’re ready to use it, just dilute it a bit before adding your vanilla sweet cream.
The Starbucks salted cream cold foam is a savory-meets-sweet refreshing drink (as per the words of the writers on the Starbucks website).
The traditional recipe is said to be sweetened with a touch of caramel to bring out that subtle sweetness, so I decided to use maple syrup to bring out that same depth and sweetness from the original drink and it freaking worked!
How to make homemade salted cream cold foam cold brew
Here is how you can make a homemade salted cream cold foam cold cold brew at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed recipe.
- Add the milk, cream, maple syrup, and the sea salt to a little cup and using your hand held frother, froth for 30 seconds. This will thicken the mixture and create the perfect foam that we’re after.
- Pour the cold brew in a glass full of ice then top with the Starbucks inspired salted cream cold foam.
Is this salted cream cold brew super sweet?
I know that the Starbucks original salted creme cold foam cold brew can be a little bit too sweet so I made sure to balance out the sweetness of this recipe.
The maple syrup gives it just the right sweetness to balance out the salt in this recipe without being too overpowering. So to answer you question, no, it is not too sweet at all. But if you feel like it needs a little extra sweetness feel free to add some more maple syrup to the mix.
Can you make this salted cream cold foam in advance?
Now, I would recommend making this right before you’re ready to enjoy your cold brew coffee so that the foam is at its peak textural consistency.
This recipe has the exact measurement for one drink to make is easier to make just enough to enjoy it. Of course, you can double or triple this recipe if you’re making coffee for a crowd.
Salted cream cold foam cold brew recipe- Starbucks copycat recipe!
If you tried and enjoyed this mini chocolate cheesecake for two, make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Starbucks salted cream cold brew cold foam
- hand held frother
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt more to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup cold brew
- In a small glass, add the milk, heavy cream, maple syrup, and the sea salt and using your hand held frother, froth for 30-60 seconds or until the mixture is thick.
- Pour the cold brew in a tall glass of ice then top with the homemade salted cold foam ,sprinkle with some sea salt and enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!