This brioche French toast is one of the best french toast recipes you’ll ever make! It is an easy recipe that will elevate your weekend breakfast or brunch every time. Make it for your whole family or for any special occasion and watch it fly off the table!
Since you are here you have to try my croissant french toast, this easy sweet cream cold brew, as well as this salted sweet cream cold brew recipe!
Nothing feels as comforting as a few slices of brioche French toast topped with fresh berries on a Sunday morning! It is made with thin or thick slices of brioche bread depending on your preference and what you can find in stores. Then is dipped in a creamy whole milk custard and then cooked in butter. It is truly an extra special breakfast that your family will ask for every time.
This is the best easy brioche French toast ever!
Plus it always seems like we always go for regular French toast as opposed to the one made with brioche. Me, I always end up getting it at restaurants or when I go out for brunch but trust me making it at home, adding your favorite toppings to it and some warm pure maple syrup is the best feeling ever. Especially since you might even have some leftover french toast from this recipe to enjoy throughout the week during those busy mornings
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It is easy yet so fancy to serve to family and guests for breakfast or brunch.
- This recipe brings out a whole new level of decadence into your mornings.
- If using a few pans you can make it and serve in no time!
- This French toast recipe can be frozen and reheated for later so that you can still get the same taste.
Ingredients for this buttery brioche bread french toast recipe?
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brioche bread– We are using rich brioche bread which will allow us to have an even deeper flavor when we add it to the custard. You can also use Challah bread, sourdough bread, or even Hawaiian sweet bread. Keep in mind that slightly stale bread works best in french toast because it will be a bit more dry allowing it to soak up more custard while maintaining its shape. I love getting my Brioche from trader joes.
- Milk- Full-fat milk is best.
- Vanilla extract– This will add extra depth of flavor.
- maple syrup
- cinnamon– Cinnamon in the egg custard is optional but if you enjoy that flavor it will taste amazing in this.
How to make the best french toast recipe?
This is how you can make this delicious french toast recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar in a shallow dish until combined to make a simple egg custard.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt some butter.
- Dip a slice of brioche in the custard mixture for about a minute per side or until coated.
- Transfer to the skillet once the butter starts to bubble.
- Cook until golden brown then flip and cook again until golden brown. Repeat the process with all the brioche slices.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh fruit some maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftover brioche French toast?
You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to Freeze French toast?
You can also freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
How to reheat brioche French toast?
There are a few different ways to reheat your brioche french toast. You can simply pop it in the microwave, or you can place it on a baking sheet and heat it up in a 400F oven for 5-8 minutes. This will give you a delicious breakfast in no time!
Why is my brioche French toast soggy?
The first thing you need to make sure that you are doing is that the heat is on medium or medium-low. We need to cook the bread slices enough to allow the custard to set. If you cook the bread at higher temperatures the outside will cook too quickly and the center will stay raw and soggy.
The best French Toast recipe ever!
The best brioche French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk read notes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 8 slices brioche bread
- maple syrup for serving
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar, (add the cinnamon now if using it) and whisk again to combine.4 large eggs, ¾ cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter onto a large skillet over medium heat.Butter
- While the skillet is heating up and the butter is melting dip one slice of brioche into the wet mixture, turn it to coat both side evenly then transfer to a skillet once the butter starts to bubble.8 slices brioche bread
- Repeat the process with as many slices as you can fit in the skillet and let each side cook for 3-5 minutes. Check on it and flip it whenever it is golden brown. Repeat the process until all the slices are done and serve immediately with some maple syrup, powdered sugar, and berries.maple syrup
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment