This hot vanilla latte Starbucks copycat recipe is the perfect quick pick-me-up. It will slowly become your go-to caffeinated coffee drink. It is lightly sweetened with vanilla syrup, smooth and creamy with the frothed milk, and topped with just the right amount of coffee! My favorite way to start the day!
Vanilla lattes are one of the most addictive things ever if you ask me. They are simple, yet have a nice little kick behind them, while still being smooth and gently sweetened. They’re pretty much like a hug in a mug. I actually love to start some of my mornings off with them because I’m all about positive vibes… and hugs in a mug!
This is the best Starbucks Vanilla latte ever!
When you go to Starbucks and get bombarded with drink options, it often feels like choosing the right drink is one of the most impossible tasks ever!
I have found myself in that position time and time again and the only thing that seemed to work was to stick with the basics. Everytime that happens, I either go with an Iced Green Tea Matcha Latte or this simple and delicious vanilla blonde latte.
What’s so special about this vanilla latte Starbucks copycat recipe?
- It can be made in less than 5 minutes
- This drink will cost you a fraction of the cost of the actual Starbucks drink
- All the ingredients are easy and accessible, it pretty much uses everyday ingredients that you already have at home.
- It has easy substitutions that will make your life easier.
Ingredients for this vanilla Starbucks copycat latte recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this latte in the comfort of your own home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Milk- the Starbucks recipe uses 2% milk so we use that as well. If you want to go with a different type of milk or fat content, go right ahead! It might change the flavor though!
- Espresso– Starbucks uses their extra smooth blonde espresso for a lighter flavored latte.
- Vanilla syrup– The vanilla syrup is what will sweeten this latte and give it its vanilla flavor.
What to use instead of espresso for lattes?
Before we got an espresso machine I used to use 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee mixed with 3 tablespoons oh hot water instead of espresso in my lattes!
You could also go with regular brewed coffee instead of espresso. That would technically make a cafe au lait and not really a latte but desperate times, call for desperate measures.
How to make a vanilla latte at home
This is how you can make your own vanilla latte at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Heat up the milk in a saucepan, or steam if you have a steamer. Then using a handheld frother froth it for a few seconds to get that velvety smooth texture.
- Pour the milk into a mug and top it with the vanilla syrup.
- Top off the milk with the freshly brewed espresso, stir, and enjoy your freshly made latte!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
What to pair with this latte recipe
- Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping
- The Best Moist Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Fudgy Small batch Nutella brownies in a Loaf Pan
Frequently asked questions- FAQ
Do vanilla lattes have caffeine?
Yes! Vanilla lattes have caffeine from the espresso shot. Espresso shots have about 65-75mg caffeine per shot depending on which one you use. A fun fact when it comes to espresso shots is that the second they’re brewed they start to lose their amazing flavor, so make sure to enjoy this latte as soon as you make it to avoid “dead espresso”
How to make a vanilla latte without syrup?
If you don’t have vanilla syrup of might not want to use vanilla syrup in your beverage, there are a few options you can go with.
- Use granulated sugar and a splash of vanilla extract
- Use some maple syrup and a splash of vanilal extract
How to make a skinny vanilla latte at home?
Sometimes, to keep things balanced, I like to order a skinny Starbucks latte and this is how you can transform this recipe into a skinny one in no time. Instead of using 2% milk use nonfat or skim milk and instead of using regular vanilla syrup try using sugar-free vanilla syrup instead.
Can you make this vanilla latte vegan and dairy free?
Absolutely! I love ordering the Starbucks blonde vanilla latte with soy milk or oat milk now since it has gotten so popular. But you also use almond milk instead of regular milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk too. All these options will make for a delicious vegan and dairy-free drink.
Hot Blonde vanilla latte Starbucks copycat recipe
If you made this easy blonde roast vanilla latte and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Hot Blonde vanilla latte Starbucks copycat recipe
- 8 oz 2% milk
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla syrup
- 1 shot blonde espresso or any espresso
- Heat up the milk in a saucepan, or steam if you have a steamer. Then using a hand held frother froth it for a few seconds to get that velvety smooth texture.
- Pour the milk in a mug and top it with the vanilla syrup.
- Top off the milk with the freshly brewed expresso, stir, taste for sweetness and enjoy you freshly made latte!
What to use instead of espresso for lattes?Before we got an espresso machine I used to use 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee mixed with 3 tablespoons oh hot water instead of espresso in my lattes! You could also go with regular brewed coffee instead of espresso. That would technically make a cafe au lait and not really a latte but desperate times, call for desperate measures.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!