Soft strawberry jam-filled muffins topped with the best ever streusel! One of my families favorite spring time recipes ever. It is made with fresh strawberries, baked to perfection, and comes just in time for Easter celebrations.
Originally posted on June 8th, 2018 and updated on April 2nd, 2021
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
When I started this blog, strawberries were one of my go to ingredient for recipes. Now looking back at it, I understand why. Obviously having started this blog in the springs is a huge part of that but the other thing is that strawberries are one of my favorite fruit ever!
I could seriously eat strawberries for every meal of the day and wouldn’t be bored of them, and that’s how this recipe came around.
These are the best strawberry jam stuffed muffins
These strawberry jam stuffed muffins are light, packed with berries and will brighten up any morning. The actual muffin batter is made with greek yogurt to make them rich and moist at the same time. It then gets a generous amount of sliced strawberries added to the batter and is then filled with fresh strawberry jam.
What’s so special about these muffins?
These are some of my favorite muffins ever because they are:
- Jam-packed with jam in the center
- Topped with the perfect homemade streusel
- Great for Easter brunch
- And they taste just like a bakery-style muffin!
Ingredients for Strawberry jam-filled muffins
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make these Strawberry muffins with streusel. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card to read the full detailed ingredient list.
- Greek yogurt- Greek yogurt is great at keeping these muffins extra moist.
- Lemon juice– You will need just a bit of lemon juice.
- Milk– You can use whatever milk you prefer for this recipe.
- Oil– The oil will also keep these muffins extra moist.
- Egg– You will need one egg at room temperature.
- Flour– All-purpose flour will work great for this recipe.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar will sweeten these muffins and keep them super moist.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is what will give your muffins that height.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the flavors.
- Strawberries– The fresh strawberries will be mixed into the batter for the perfect double strawberry muffins.
- Jam– You can use either homemade strawberry jam or store-bought strawberry jam. I love making homemade ones but you can use whatever you prefer.
- Butter– The butter is used to make the streusel topping, AKA the best muffin topping ever!
How to make the streusel for the strawberry muffins
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed directions.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter mix in the butter until you get coarse crumbs.
How to make strawberry-filled muffin
Here is how you can make these perfect Easter muffins at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed directions.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients minus the diced strawberries together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and gently fold to get a thick batter.
- Add in the strawberries and fold again.
- Fill up half the muffin cups with muffin batter, then add a teaspoon of jam, then cover with more batter.
- Top with the homemade streusel and bake in the preheated oven.
More muffin recipes you will love!
- Easy & Moist Cranberry Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze
- The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Streusel
- Bakery style Blueberry Muffin recipe with Streusel
- Sky High Banana Walnut Muffins | Starbucks inspired
How to store strawberry jam-filled muffins?
You can store these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. I like to have them cold right out of the refrigerator but I know others might prefer them a bit warmer. Pop them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and enjoy!
Freezing strawberry muffins
You can also store these muffins in the freezer. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Whenever you are ready to enjoy them, thaw them in the freezer overnight or on the counter top if you want them a bit faster.
You can then either heat them up in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes of in the microwave fro 10-20 seconds.
When adding the streusel topping to the muffins, gently press the streusel down the batter so that it sticks to the actual muffin while baking.
Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping
If you made these Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with streusel and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F (177C), then line a 12 count muffin pan with 10 cupcake liners and set aside.
Make the streusel
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, granulated sugar, and cinnamon together. Cut the cold butter into small pieces then mix it into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or a fork. until the mixture resembles tick crumbs.
Make the muffin batter
- In a medium bowl whisk in the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, milk, and oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and gently fold until smooth. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Fill each muffin cup with a small cookie scoop of batter, make sure that the bottom of the muffin cup is covered. Now, add one teaspoon of the strawberry jam. Cover the jam with more muffin batter and repeat this for all of the muffins.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the streusel topping and gently press that streusel down to make sure that it sticks to the muffins when you bake it.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. If the streusel doesn't get golden brown you can always broil the muffins for 1-3 minutes making sure to keep an eye out on them since every oven tends to be different. Let the muffins cool down in the muffin pan for 15 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving for a beautiful finish.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here!
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!