These small-batch Nutella brownies are the recipe you didn’t know you needed. Made in an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan to bring you the perfect small-batch brownie recipe. Each bite is soft, fudgy, and chewy with the perfect amount of chocolate to satisfy your cravings.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Does anyone else eat Nutella by the spoonful? As a child, I used to get down on the a Nutella jar after school because it was the ultimate comfort.
Thinking about it now, it was probably a lot but hey I enjoyed every bit of it and it was 100% worth it. If I knew I could make easy brownies with it I would’ve probably ran through so many more jars of Nutella to be honest!
This is the best small-batch Nutella brownie recipe
When I made this brownie recipe, I completely steer away from the original way of making brownies. Most recipes use either cocoa powder ( Easy chewy Brownies With Cocoa Powder) or with melted chocolate( Bakery Style Brownies With no Cocoa Powder+VIDEO+TIPS) or with both. But this time I wanted to go a little wild and use one of my favorite childhood spreads, NUTELLA!
If you never try any of my recipes, I need you to give this one a try at least. It is ridiculously easy, uses minimal ingredients, and comes in a small package. It is a great recipe for portion control as well
What’s so special about these Nutella brownies
- The perfect small batch recipe
- Easy to follow recipe
- Fudgy with the best corner pieces
- Packed with chocolate chips and Nutella flavor
- Requires simple few ingredients
- Comes together in less than an hour ( the hardest part is being patient while the brownies are cooling down)
Ingredients for a small batch of Nutella brownies
Here are the ingredients you need to make this small batch brownie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed ingredient list.
- Butter– You will need a few tablespoons of softened butter for this brownie recipe.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar will keep these brownies extra moist.
- Egg– You will need one egg at room temperature for this recipe.
- Vanilla– The vanilla is an awesome addition when it comes to chocolate desserts because it will bring out the chocolate flavor a lot.
- Nutella– The main ingredient of this brownie recipe. The Nutella bring out a delicious chocolate hazelnut flavor in these brownies.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Chocolate chips– The chocolate chips are optional but sometimes the more chocolate the better so I would definitely add some into the brownie batter for an extra rich treat.
- Sea salt– If you’re the type of person that loves extra sea salt on your baked goods, this is for you!
What is Nutella?
Nutella is a Hazelnut sweetened cocoa spread. It is smooth, chocolatey, and very nutty.
It is made with sugar, palm oil, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts.
What chocolate chips should I use for brownies?
In this recipe I used milk chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate chips but you can use dark chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips. Each one of these would go so well with this hazelnut spread. Play around and see what you like most.
Love Nutella? Try these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies!
How to make Nutella brownies in a loaf pan
Here is how you can make the best Nutella brownies ever, make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed recipe.
- Cream the butter and the brown sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the Nutella and mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the flour and the chocolate chips and pour the brownie batter into the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with dollops of Nutella and swirl with a knife, then bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the brownies cool down fully before slicing into them and enjoying them.
How to store Nutella brownies
You can store these Nutella brownies both in the fridge or in the freezer for later.
To store them in the fridge, let the brownie fully cool then place them in an air tight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More small batch recipes you will love!
- Small Batch baked Chocolate Donuts
- Small Batch Brownie Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate chip edible cookie dough for one + 3 variations
Can you freeze Nutella brownies?
Yes! You can easily freeze Nutella brownies for later.
Make sure to cool the Nutella brownie fully after baking. You can now either slice them and wrap them individually in plastic wrap then place those in an airtight container or just wrap the whole brownie and then place it in an airtight container, seal, and freeze for up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy the brownies, pull them out of the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave them for a few seconds to thaw then enjoy!
What to serve with Nutella brownies?
I usually love these brownies on their own when the crazy sweet tooth hit, but you can definitely enjoy them with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream, or drizzles with caramel sauce and topped with some whipped cream and berries.
Small batch Nutella brownies
If you made these small-batch Nutella brownies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Small batch Nutella brownies
- 3 tablespoon butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Nutella divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup chocolate chips optional
- sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8.5 x 4.5 inch baking pan with parchement paper and set aside.
- With a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand held mixer, cream the butter until light and creamy. Add in the brown sugar and beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and mix until incorporated, then scrape down the sides and add the ½ cup of Nutella and salt and mix one more time before adding in the flour and mixing just until that disappears. .
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Nutella. Using a knife or a wooden skewer, swirl the Nutella into the batter then top with sea salt if desired.
- Bake the brownies in the preehated oven for 27-29 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownie cool completely before slicing into ti.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here!
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Hi! I have these in the oven right now! (The batter was delicious, so I know they’re going to be great!)
I didn’t see in the recipe when to add the optional chocolate chips, so I just folded them into the batter at the end of mixing. I hope that was the right way to do it! Thank you so much for all the wonderful recipes! 💕
You’re welcome Ema!!
This recipe is truly delicious… love this ♥️
Thank you so much for trying it Debjani!