How does edible cookie dough for one sound? This chocolate chip edible cookie dough is a small batch recipe that will satisfy your cravings anytime they hit! The best part is that this recipe is great for portion control as it will only make a small amount, so if you want more you will have to exert a tiny bit more calories before hand!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I feel like for the past few weeks, I’ve been on a roll with the small batch recipe or just recipes of one or two. I mean I just posted The Best 4-inch Small Burnt Basque Cheesecake for Two/One which is one of the best recipes I have shared in a while. Plus it’s perfect for Valentine’s day to make for you boo!
Today/s recipe on the other hand is mainly about comfort food. It’s a recipe that makes you remember being a child and sneaking around the kitchen when your mom or grandma was making cookies and you just sneak a few finger dips in there.
Oh cookide dough!
This time, we’re going with a safer option. Something that will not make you sick, hello edible cookie dough without eggs! And with cooked flour to remove all the bacterias from it!
This is the best chocolate chip edible cookie dough recipe ever!
Last time I had edible cookie dough, I wasn’t impressed at all. It tasted like chemicals and kinda threw me off from craving cookie doughs again. Fast forward six months later (AKA today) I saw a photo of this cookie dough on Instagram and it got me craving al the cookie doughs.
Of course, being aware that I was the only one at the house, I also knew that I needed to make a small batch edible cookie dough so that I can better control my portions.
I lose all self control when faced with sweet treats… And savory foods… I guess all comfort foods just call my name and I need to a little less of them or I’ll eat the whole thing.
The good thing about this recipe is that YOU CAN EAT THE WHOLE THING! #winning (I feel like this hashtag is becoming a thing in the blog!)
What’s so special about this edible cookie dough for one?
This is one of my favorite recipes of 2021, I know it’s still early, but so far this one is a must try and here is why:
- Edible cookie dough for one, it doesn’t get better than this!
- It tastes just like regular cookie dough , minus the ingredients that would make you sick!
- Perfect if you’re trying to portion control and stay on track.
- It has 3 different variations! Try them all and let us know which one was your favorite in the comments below!
Ingredients to make edible cookie dough for one
Here are the ingredients you will need to make homemade edible cookie dough for one, don’t forget to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed ingredient list:
- Butter- You will need room temperature butter. I used salted one but if you use regular butter you can add a pinch of salt.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– We will be using both granulated sugar and brown sugar for this homemade edible cookie dough to bring out that real flavor of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Salt– I like to add some salt to my baked goods to balance out the sweetness of the whole thing!
- Vanilla– Can’t have cookie dough without vanilla my friends.
- Heavy whipping cream- Since this recipe doesn’t use eggs, you will need a binding agent other than butter so we use heavy whipping cream. It makes it thick and give it the best texture ever!
- Chocolate chips- Can’t have chocolate chip edible cookie dough without chocolate chips. I used a mix of large chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. But the world is your oyster, use whatever you have!
Here are a few things you can substitute in this recipe, don’t have:
- Vanilla extract? Use almond extract, it will make your cookie dough complex and luxurious.
- Heavy whipping cream? Use milk instead, it will work just as well.
How to make raw cookie dough safe to eat?
The answer is very simple here, you will need to not use eggs, and cook your flour before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
Raw flour can have E.coli (that’s why we bake it), and raw eggs can have salmonella (and that’s why we don’t use eggs)
To give the cookie dough the moisture it needs, we use some heavy whipping cream.
How to make edible cookie dough for one?
Here is how you can make this homemade edible cookie dough, make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed recipe!
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the heavy whipping cream and mix until incorporated.
- Cool your cooked flour and add in to the wet mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Chocolate chip time! Now add in as little of or as much chocolate chips as you’d like, mix and enjoy!
Do I have to bake the flour for my edible cookie dough?
Yes, baking the flour is what will make this cookie dough safe to eat. Raw flour is not supposed to eaten (same with eggs), but who are we kidding, we all had some raw cake batter, brownie batter, and cookie dough.
But for safety reasons and just to be extra safe, bake or microwave your cake before measuring your flour for this recipe!
Bake the flour at 350F for 5 minutes before letting it cool then using it in your edible cookie dough recipe is a must. This technique will eliminate any harmful bacteria that could be in the flour.
This is a safety measure that will ensure that you don’t get sick when you eat your chocolate chip cookie dough!
I don’t have an oven, can I bake the flour in the microwave?
Yes you can 🙂 The rule of thumb is to microwave your flour at the highest setting until it reaches 165F, I do understand that not everyone has a thermometer so what you can do is microwave your flour for 1 minute and 15 seconds at the highest setting, making sure to stir after every 15 second intervals (so 5 times), let it cool, then use it in this recipe!
Can you bake edible cookie dough?
Unfortunately this edible cookie dough is not made to be baked. When making edible cookie dough we don’t use eggs, leavening agents, or the right ratios of ingredients for the cookies to be baked. So if you try baking this you will end up with a flat, crispy cookie.
If you are really craving cookies, try these small batch chocolate chip cookies. They’re soft and chewy and we make them at a least a few times a month!
Can I add this cookie dough to icecream?
Absolutely! You can make this cookie dough, roll it into mini logs, wrap it with plastic wrap and freeze it. Once it’s solid, slice little rounds using a sharp knife and add it to whatever ice cream flavor you want!
Alternatively, you can make little balls of cookie dough and freeze them on a parchment lined baking sheet and add them to your ice cream.
I love adding this cookie dough to the Tillamook chocolate peanut butter ice cream! So good!
Make this safe to eat cookie dough for one your own!
Instead of using chocolate chips, you can make this homemade small batch cookie dough recipe your own by substitution the chocolate chips!
- Peanut butter chips- I always love a good cookie with peanut butter chips, I love a good raw cookie dough with peanut butter chips even more! You have to try it. Substitute the chocolate chips by using 1 tablespoon instead.
- Sprinkles– What’s not to love about funfetti edible cookie dough!? Let your inner child come out to play with this colorful and fun cookie dough option. Substitute the chocolate chips by using 3/4 tablespoon instead.
- White chocolate chips and cranberries– I’m old school and I always end up going to the iconic duo, white chocolate chips and cranberry edible cookie dough! It’s so good and will take you back to when your grandma used to make you the best cookies ever! Substitute the chocolate chips by using 1/2 tablespoon of white chocolate chips and 1/2 tbsp of dried cranberries instead.
How long does cookie dough last in the fridge?
This chocolate chip cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
When you’re ready to enjoy it pull it out of the fridge and let it sit for 30 minutes to get to room temperature.
Can you freeze edible cookie dough?
You can freeze your cookie in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Tips to make the best edible cookie dough for one
Here are a few helpful tips to make the best safe to eat cookie dough for one:
- If the cookie dough it too thin add about 1/2 tsp baked flour and stir again and see if you reached your preferred consistency. Keep going until you get the desired cookie dough texture.
- If the cookie dough is too thick for your liking add more liquid about 1/4 tsp of heavy whipping cream at a time. Stir and see if you reached the desired consistency, keep going until you like what you made!
- Add as much of as little chocolate chips as you’d like. This is a very forgiving recipe and you can pretty much add as little or as much chocolate chips as you want!
- Don’t bake this cookie dough– I don’t want you to have high expectations if you decided to bake this cookie dough. IT will be thin and crispy, not your usually soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip edible cookies dough recipe
If you tried and enjoyed this edible cookie dough for one recipe, make sure to give it a 5 star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Chocolate chip edible cookie dough for one [3 variations]
- Small bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 & 1/2 tbsp flour cooked in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring after each 15 second interval.
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips Put as much or as little chocolate chips as you'd like! Have fun 🙂
- In a small bowl, star by creaming the butter, the brown sugar, and the granulated sugar together. Add in the vanilla and the heavy whipping cream and mix again.
- Add in the cooked and cooled flour and a pinch of salt and mix well. Add in the chocolate chips, mix one last time and enjoy your fantastic edible cookie dough treat!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
Did you enjoy this small batch edible cookie dough recipe? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!