These Crumbl sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies are thick cookies with just the right amount of toffee and milk chocolate chips mixed in there. To take these up a notch, we even added a sprinkle of sea salt on top to truly take these to the next level because why not!
I know you will also love The best Chilled Crumbl Heath Cake Cookies, Crumbl Twix cookies, Crumbl Mom’s recipe cookies/ Soft Oatmeal cookies because they all have toffee in them and we all know that toffee cookies and recipes are the best thing ever!
This week Crumbl had their popular sea salt toffee cookies in the store. These are more like chocolate chip toffee cookies than just sea salt toffee cookies but hey we’re not gonna get stuck in the language here.
As you may or may not know, I am all for simple recipes. By simple recipes, I am obsessed with good old chocolate chip cookies without too much frosting or crazy mix-ins but when it comes to toffee and sea salt YES PLEASE!
This is the best Sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookie recipe ever!
For the sake of really staying true to myself, I knew I had to make this recipe as simple as possible because when those cravings hit you don’t want to spend hours working on a cookie recipe.
Or even having to go out of your way to buy crazy ingredients to make a simple recipe either. So I hope you enjoy this simple yet absolutely delectable chocolate chip cookie recipe with a twist!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe combined the best of flavors and puts them in a chocolate chip cookie.
- You can use either store bought toffee or make your own as well for it.
- These cookies can be made using a stand mixer or by hand.
- The cookies are extra soft and chewy. Just how a chocolate chip cookie should be.
- This is an extra versatile recipe that you can make with milk chocolate chip, regular semi sweet chocolate chips, or even dark chocolate chips if you want to sophisticated.
- This recipe will allow you to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookie without having to wait months for it to combeack in stores.
- You will also save a ton of money making these at home instead of buying them in stores too!
Ingredients for these sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this toffee chocolate chip cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– yu can use either salted or unsalted, just make sure that it’s at room temeprature.
- Dark brown sugar- This will give these cookies an extra rich flavor.
- Egg– Make sure to use an egg at room temp.
- Vanilla butter emulsion– This will give it a great vanilla and butter flavor. Use regular vanilla flavoring if you don’t have this.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give these a little extra height.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Salt– Always se a little salt in your baked goods to help balance out the sweetness.
- Toffee bits– You can use homemade or storebought toffee bits for these cookies.
- Milk chocolate chips– Make sure to use really good quality chocoalte for th ebest flavored cookies.
- Sea salt– Top each cookie with coarse sea salt to add extra texture and flavor to your cookies.
How to make Crumbl sea salt toffee cookies
This is how you can make the best chocolate chip toffee cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla butter emulsion.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until that disappears.
- Fold in the toffee and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the cookie dough with a large cookie scooper and drop on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, let the cookies cool down, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Where to find toffee bits?
Toffee bits are easy to find in stores under the Heath brand. They are often right by the chocolate chips and other baking chips.
Can I make smaller catering sized Crumbl sea salt caramel cookies?
Instead of making 9 large cookies, you can make 18 smaller cookies that will need to be baked for 8-9 minutes each instead of 11 minutes.
Let them cool down before enjoying!
How to store Crumbl sea salt toffee cookies?
These cookies are great stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can enjoy them right out of the container or microwave them for a few seconds depending on your preference.
They will also keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Just know that they will harden a little in the fridge so microwaving them for a few seconds is a must!
Can I freeze sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies?
These cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Once ready to enjoy them, let them thaw on the counter for a few hours or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them ooey gooey again before enjoying them.
Crumbl sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies
If you made these Sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Sea salt chocolate chip toffee cookies
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar light or dark brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon butter vanilla emulsion or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup toffee bits
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in one egg and the vanilla butter emulsion.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix to combine. Make sure to stop mixing as soon as the flour. mixture disappears to avoid overmixing. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 9 large cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, flatten to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake for 11 minutes. Top with more chocolate chips as soon as they come out to get beautiful drool-worthy cookies, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Turned out so yummy!
So good! The recipe is so easy to make and I love that she gives alternates to some of the ingredients just in case you don’t have them. Great cookies if you love that toffee/salty chocolate flavor. I really enjoyed them.
Thank you so much for trying these Madison! So so glad you enjoyed these!