CRUMBL Twix cookies are the ultimate treat for all Twix chocolate bar lovers. It is made with a soft and melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookie and topped with a luscious caramel layer, and finished off with a smooth melted chocolate topping. Now you can finally have your favorite candy bar in a cookie form.
Copycat CRUMBL chilled Twix cookies are the cookie recipe you never knew you needed until now. They are inspired by the famous and very original cookies that come from the Utah cookie bakery chain.
These cookies are served chilled just like their chilled sugar cookies with pink almond frosting. The base cookie recipe is very similar in both of these cookies except that the Twix one only has vanilla extract instead of almond extract and vanilla extract. It also has toffee bits which will accentuate the caramel flavor of the cookie itself.
This is the best CRUMBL Twix sugar cookie recipe!
I actually made this CRUMBL Twix cookie recipe a few times, but the last time I made them they didn’t have the toffee bits in them. I ended up taking the photos for this recipe then because it was my best batch thus far. So don’t be alarmed when you see no toffee bits in the cookie dough.
This recipe is best with them, but since I wanted to get it out to you ASAP, I decided to use these photos anyways until I make this recipe again and can save enough of it to photograph again.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s your favorite candy bar in a cookie form!
- The sugar cookie base is melt in your mouth
- It is topped with just the right amount of caramel and chocolate
- This recipe makes very large sugar cookies, just like the ones from the CRUMBL bakery but can also made into smaller little cookies too.
- These cookies are impressive yet so so easy to make.
These Crumbl Twix cookies are easy to make and will satisfy a crowd!
Ingredients for the chilled Twix cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this CRUMBL copycat recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for these cookies. Just make sure it is softened.
- Oil– Use vegetable or canola oil for this recipe. It will help keep these sugar cookies super moist and melt in your mouth!
- Granulated and brown sugar– The combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar is what will make these cookies extremely soft.
- egg– You will need one large egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– A good sugar cookie always has vanilla extract in it.
- Flour– All-purpose flour is what you need for this recipe.
- Corn starch– The corn starch will make for lighter more melt in your mouth cookies. Which is exactly what we’re after.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will give a little height to our cookies.
- Salt– A little salt will help balance out the sweetness of this cookie recipe.
- Chocolate-covered toffee bits– The toffee is mixed into the sugar cookie dough and helps bring out the caramel flavor even more.
- Caramels– You will need regular little caramels. I used Kraft caramels.
- Heavy cream– Heavy cream is used to smooth our caramel sauce.
- Milk chocolate– Make sure to use the best quality milk chocolate for this recipe since it will affect the overall quality of the cookie flavor.
How to make Twix sugar cookies?
This is how you can make your favorite candy bar into cookies! Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, oil, and both sugars.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour, corn starch, salt, baking powder just until the mixture disappears.
- Fold in the toffee bits, then using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Gently flatten the cookie dough balls, making sure not to make them too thin. and bake in the preheated oven.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave and do the same thing with the milk chocolate.
- Assemble the sugar cookie, caramel layer, and melted chocolate and enjoy or chill in the fridge for the ultimate CRUMBL caramel chocolate cookie experience.
Step by step CRUMBL Twix Cookies recipe
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More recipes you will love!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use homemade caramel?
Yes! You can use whichever caramel you want. If you decide to use homemade caramel sauce make sure it’s on the lighter side so that it doesn’t overpower the chocolate and the cookie flavor.
Make sure that your homemade caramel is also chilled to that it can be easily spreadable on the cookies.
Should I use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar for the topping?
The choice is yours. You can use either milk chocolate chips or a milk chocolate bar. As long as the chocolate weight about 110grams you should be fine.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should make sure that the chocolate you are using is the best quality chocolate ever because otherwise your cookies won’t taste as good!
How to store CRUMBL Twix cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or you can place them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them, place your frozen Twix sugar cookies in the fridge overnight to thaw before eating them.
Chilled CRUMBL Twix sugar cookie recipe
If you made these chilled CRUMBL Twix cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
CRUMBL Twix Cookies Copycat Recipe
- 7 oz caramels unwrapped – about 26-30 caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup milk chocoalte chips Very good quality
Make the cookie base
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix to combine again.
- Add in the flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt, and mix just until the flour mixture disappears. Fold in the toffee bits then using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in between the palm of your hands then place them on the baking sheet making sure to leave about 1 & 1/2 inches of space between the cookies. Using the back of the same 1/4 measuring cup, gently flatten the cookie to about 1/3- 1/2 inches in thickness and bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Then pull them out of the oven and let them cool down.
Make the caramel sauce while the cookies are cooling down
- Melt the caramels and the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Making sure to stir in between.
Make the melted chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, making sure to stir in between.
Assemble the Twix cookies
- Once everything is ready, top all the soft sugar cookies with 1 – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon of caramel and gently spread. Go back and spread 2 – 3 teaspoons of melted chocolate on top and let the cookie sit for a few minutes to cool down. You can either enjoy them right away or chil them in the fridge for the ultimate CRUMBL experience.
Disclosure: This is not the original CRUMBL recipe, it’s just a recipe I developed to help those who don’t have a CRUMBL bakery near them yet enjoy their delicious inspired cookie flavors! Hope you enjoy my interpretation of this recipe 🙂
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!