Taking inspiration from the CRUMBL cosmic brownie cookies, I present to you cosmic brownie cookies 2.0! These delicious chocolate cookies are soft and chewy with a crispy exterior, then topped with a smooth chocolate ganache and decorated with candy coated chocolates for decoration. To all the chocolate lovers, this one is for you!
Brownie cookies are pure magic! Make those CRUMBL inspired brownie cookies and you’ll make a whole lot of people as happy as can be!
This is the best Cosmic brownie cookie recipe ever!
When I made this recipe, I was inspired by my Small Batch Brownie Cookie Recipe because I have never had a better chocolate brownie cookie in my life!
It’s really that good, and that’s why I am calling this recipe better than CRUMBL cosmic cookies.
I personally feel like the CRUMBL cosmic brownie cookie doesn’t resemble brownies too much. It was more like a thick cookie than a brownie so I did something about it and turned your favorite bakery treat into a real brownie cookie!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s a childhood favorite made into a cookie!
- You will get a larger batch for a whole lot less money.
- Each cookie tastes just like a brownie and is topped with the best ganache ever!
- They’re literally so pretty to look at!
- This recipe is easy and quick to make.
Ingredients for Crumbl cosmic brownie cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these brownie cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Flour– All-purpose flour is what you need for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder– The chocolate brownie cookies have 2 types of chocolate in them, of those being cocoa powder.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will give these cookies a little height.
- Salt– A little salt helps balance out the sweetness flavor.
- Butter– Use salted or unsalted butter for these cookies. It will give them richness.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips– Make sure to use good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips for the best-flavored brownie cookie of your life! The chocolate chips are used for both the chocolate ganache and the brownie cookie.
- Egg– The eggs will hold the cookies together.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– both the brown and granulated sugar will sweeten the cookie and keep it moist.
- Vanilla– Vanilla brings out the chocolate flavor more.
- Heavy cream– The heavy cream will be used to make the chocolate ganache topping.
- Colored chocolate candies– Can’t have cosmic brownies without the OG-colored chocolate candies.
How to make CRUMBL cosmic brownie cookies
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until light in color and fluffy. They should double in volume.
- While the mixer is still running, slowly add in the melted chocolate mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder, and gently fold with a spatula until the flour disappears.
- Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on a lined baking sheet then bake.
- Using a large cookie cutter, something wider than your cookies, swoosh around your cookies to form the perfect round thick cookie.
More CRUMBL inspired recipes you will love!
- Chilled CRUMBL Twix Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Chilled Crumbl Sugar Cookies Copycat recipe
Make the chocolate ganache
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and the heavy cream and microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir in between and repeat the process until the mixture is fully melted and smooth.
- scoop out 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate ganache on each cooled down brownie cookie, spread it on top, and sprinkle some rainbow chocolate candied over that and enjoy!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
How to store CRUMBL cosmic brownie cookies?
These cookies will last up to 6 days in an airtight container in the fridge or for 3 months in an airtight container in the freezer.
Better than CRUMBL cosmic brownie cookies
If you made these chocolate brownie cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Better than CRUMBL brownie cosmic cookies
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
For the chocolate ganache
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips good quality
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Rainbow chocolate candies
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips over medium-low heat. Continuously stir until melted and well incorporated then set aside.
- Whisk the room temperature eggs and both the granulated sugar and brown sugar using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is light, airy and doubled volume.
- Slowly add in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold. Add in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture again and fold using a rubber spatula. Avoid over-mixing, you want to fold in the dry mixture just until it's combined and the flur disappears.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop the batter in 10 equaly sized cookie dough balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between each cookie, and bake for 12 minutes
- Using a large cookie cutter, something wider than your cookies, swoosh around your cookies to form the perfect round thick cookie. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool fully.
Make the chocolate ganache
- In a microwave safe bowl, add in the chocolate chips, and the heavy cream and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each time. Continue this process until the chocolate ganache is fully melted and smooth.
- Scoop out about 2-3 teaspoons of the chocolate ganache on top of the brownie cookies and sprinkle with the rainbow chocolate candies and enjoy!
Disclosure: This is not the original CRUMBL recipe, it’s just a recipe I developed to help those who don’t have a CRUMBL bakery near them yet enjoy their delicious inspired cookie flavors! Hope you enjoy my interpretation of this recipe 🙂
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!