The crumbl molten lava cookies are soft and rich chocolate cookies packed with all the molten lava sauce your heart desires. It is thick and chewy with a melty center,
Three words, molten lava cookies! Made with a rich, thick, and chocolatey cookie base that is topped with a bittersweet chocolate sauce to create that amazing molten lava feel.
It’s been a while since I’ve been wanting to recreate this recipe but I just didn’t get around to it. Now thanks to Stonewall Kitchen I can finally make it happen and share the best-molten lava cookie recipe on the internet.
This is the best Crumbl molten lava cookie recipe ever!
I know that what I said in the previous paragraph was a huge statement but believe me, I made sure to take extra time on this one because I needed it to be perfect. I can confidently say that it is.
From a chocolate cookie addict to another, trust me and try this lava cookie it will change your life. Whether you need to make a cookie recipe for Christmas, Valentine’s day, or just want to indulge in some weeknight baking, this is the recipe for you!
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It’s pretty much a molten lava cake but in cookie form.
- This cookie recipe is impressive yet so easy to make.
- Each cookie is jam-packed with chocolate sauce, talk about oozy goodness!
- This recipe will allow you to enjoy your favorite cookie any time of the year. No need to wait for Crumbl to bring out your favorite flavor in stores anymore.
- This cookie recipe uses simple pantry staples
Ingredients for this Crumbl molten lava cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients to make these crumbl molten lava cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- you can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe as long as it’s softened.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar – This cookie recipe uses a combination of sugars to make the cookie extra soft.
- Egg– Use a room-temperature egg.
- Vanilla extract- The vanilla extract will give your cookies the perfect depth of flavor.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder– Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Baking soda– This is the leavening agent for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness of your cookies.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar is used to decorate the cookies.
- Chocolate fudge sauce– I like to use jarred, thick chocolate fudge sauce because it freezes well and can be easily used to fill up the cookies.
How to make Crumbl molten lava cookies
This is how you can make this double chocolate cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Freeze dollops of chocolate fudge sauce on a parchment-lined baking sheet of the plate.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the sifted flour, dutch-processed cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop the cookie dough, gently flatten it in the palm of your hands, place the frozen dollop of fudge sauce in the center, and fold the cookie dough over it.
- Place on a baking sheet, flatten just a little bit and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down for 15-20 minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store molten lava cookies?
These Crumbl cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
I like to store them in the fridge for up to 7 days because they keep longer that way. Once I’m ready to enjoy you can pop your cookies in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them. This way they will be ooey-gooey again 🙂
Can I freeze Molten lava cookies?
You definitely can! You can store these cookies in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
Once ready to enjoy, let it thaw on the countertop for a few hours or just microwave it for a few seconds to warm up the cookie again.
What’s the best chocolate lava sauce to use?
When it comes to chocolate lava sauce, the better the quality, the better your cookies will taste that’s why I strongly suggest using the Stonewall kitchen bittersweet chocolate sauce. It is not overly sweetened and it is so luscious and smooth. I think it has the best mouthfeel anyone would ever look for in a molten lava cookie!
How to make smaller molten lava cookies?
If you want to make smaller cookies, instead of going with 6 large cookies, make 12 smaller ones. Fill them with about 1 teaspoon of hot fudge sauce the same way you would the larger ones and bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
Crumbl molten lava cookies recipe
If you made these Crumbl molten lava cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
The Best Crumbl Molten Lava Cookies
- 3 tablespoon chocolate fudge sauce the thick kind*** Read the notes.
- ½ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Freeze 6 dollops of chocolate fudge sauce on a parchement-lined baking sheet or plate. Each dollop will be about ½ tbsp.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aisde.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten each one in between the palm of your hands, place a frozen dollop of chocolate fudge, fold the cookie dough over it, place on a baking sheet, and gently pat the top, leaving the cookie at about 1-1.5 inch in thickness
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-11 minutes then let cool on the baking sheet for another 20 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
How to store molten lava cookies?These Crumbl cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. I like to store them in the fridge for up to 7 days because they keep longer that way. Once I’m ready to enjoy you can pop your cookies in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them. This way they will be ooey-gooey again 🙂
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!