This easy peach cobbler with cake mix is the easiest summer dessert. It is made using a few pantry staples to bring you the best dessert ever! This peach cobbler is our family’s favorite labor day dessert.
One of the simplest desserts you can ever make, this easy cake mix peach cobbler will slowly become your family’s favorite dessert. After making it a few times throughout the years at my house, it has become a staple holiday dessert for sure.
I am not complaining at all though because it is so easy to make! With only 5 minutes of hands on work, this peach cobbler is extremely effortless! You can even let the kiddos help if you need a fun little summer baking activity!
This is the best peach cobbler dump cake ever!
Can you make peach cobbler with cake mix?
You sure can! I’m not here to hate on homemade peach cobbler because I think it’s far superior than the one made with cake mix. But sometimes, you just don’t have time to make it all from scratch, and that’s completely okay.
That’s why this cake mix cobbler is such a life saver. It only requires about 5 minutes of less of hands on work, then you let the oven do the rest for you. It yields a crispy top layer with delicious fruity bottom. It’s perfect especially when enjoyed with a scoop or two of ice cream.
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake is as the title itself states. A cake that is literally dumped in the baking pan and then baked.
This one is made by layering canned peaches (syrup and all), yellow butter cake mix, butter, and a light sprinkle of cinnamon then baking. It requires no bowl, whisks, or anything else. You’ll save a ton of time making this dessert and have a wonderful dessert in less than an hour!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It only requires 4 ingredients.
- Ready in less than an hour.
- It’s the perfect recipe for those of us that hate dishes! All you need it a baking pan.
- Can use different fruits.
- It’s the most frugal dessert ever. Feed a crown on a budget dessert for sure.
More labor day dessert recipes you’ll love!
- The Easiest Blueberry Galette
- Healthier Blueberry Crisp
- Small batch mini cheesecakes with oreo crust
- Easy Fudgy Cream Cheese Brownies
Ingredients for this cake mix peach cobbler
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this 4 ingredient cobbler. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Canned peaches in light syrup- You will need one can of peaches in light syrup for this recipe. I usually like to slice my canned peaches in half so they’re thinner but you don’t have to.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this cobbler.
- White or yellow butter cake mix – I prefer using yellow butter cake because it adds to the flavor but white cake also works just fine.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon is optional but it truly adds so much to the cobbler flavor and brings out the peach flavor so much more.
How to make a cake mix cobbler?
This is how you can make your own cake mix cobbler. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Pour the peaches and the syrup into an 8×8 baking pan.
- Top it with the yellow butter cake mix, and gently press down.
- Evenly distribute the butter on top, sprinkle with a little cinnamon, and bake!
- Enjoy your homemade crumble with a scoop or two of ice cream and thank me later 🙂
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How can I make this recipe in a 9-13 inch dish? (double this recipe
If you want to make this peach cobbler recipe in a 9-13 inch pan for a larger crowd, just double all the ingredients. You will bake it for the same time at the same temperature and will have an easy dessert for a crowd!
Can I use other fruit or pie fillings instead for peach cobbler?
Absolutely! That’s the beauty of this recipe. You can use canned apples, pears, pineapples, or even pie fillings. I have also made this recipe with apple and cherry pie filling and it made a delicious cobbler.
How will I know if my peach cobbler is done baking?
You will notice the top part of the peach crumble crisp up and turn golden brown. That’s a big sign that your peach cobbler is ready to be pulled out of the oven.
How to serve peach cobbler?
Peach cobbler i so so good on its own but it you’re trying to step it up and make this dessert extra special, you can:
- Top it with a scoop or two or vanilla or butter pecan ice cream.
- Drizzle a little salted caramel on top.
- Add a plop of whipped cream for a fresh finish.
- Top it with some chopped candied nuts, I love adding candied pecans to it!
How long does peach cobbler last?
Peach cobbler will last for a few days if stored properly. To store your cobbler place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze your peach cobbler in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Just let it thaw overnight before enjoying it!
Should a cobbler be eaten hot or cold?
It honestly depends. Traditionally people enjoy their crumble warm with a scoop or cold ice cream to make your taste buds have the experience of a lifetime.
But, me being a weird human being, I love having it cold. I feel like the flavors and the textures are much better when my cobbler is cold. Plus during the hot summer days, who doesn’t love cold desserts!
Tell me in the comments if you enjoy cold or hot cobblers! 🙂
3-ingredient Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
If you made this easy cake mix cobbler and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
3-Ingredient cake mix peach cobbler
- 8×8 baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour the peaches and the syrup into an 8×8 baking pan. Top it with the cake mix, and gently press down with your hand.
- Evenly distribute the butter on top, sprinkle with a little cinnamon, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes then serve with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
If you want to serve a crowd, double this recipe!If you want to make this peach cobbler recipe in a 9-13 inch pan for a larger crowd, just double all the ingredients. You will bake it for the same time at the same temperature and will have an easy dessert for a crowd!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!