These CRUMBL Oreo cookies with buttercream frosting are a rich chocolate Oreo cookie topped with a luscious cream frosting and decorated with Oreos crumbs. These are inspired by the famous CRUMBL bakery!
Since you’re here, I know you’ll also enjoy The softest Crumbl Circus Animal Cookies, Better Than CRUMBL Cosmic Brownie Cookies, Chilled CRUMBL Twix Cookies, Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies and also Chilled Crumbl Sugar Cookies.
If you haven’t tried the CRUMBL oreo cookies with their fluffy buttercream frosting, this is your sign to either go get some if they’re available this week or just make them at home using this simple recipe.
After I tried them for the first time a few weeks ago, I actually couldn’t believe that The cookie itself tasted so much like Oreos!
It had that intense dark chocolate flavor and the frosting on top balanced it all out so perfectly! I knew I had to try and recreate the recipe and share it with you as soon as possible!
This is the best oreo sugar cookie ever!
Just to clear the air these are not homemade Oreos cookies. I feel like we definitely need a recipe for those soon or maybe a recipe of the TKO, or Thomas keller Oreos. Those used to be my favorite when I worked at tht Bouchon Bakery here in Las Vegas.
But for now we’re gonna enjoy these bakery inspired Oreo flavored cookies that you can make in the comfort of you own home. #winning!
Why you need to make this recipe
- It tastes just like an Oreo cookie
- Each cookie is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like a perfect cookie should be
- The buttercream frosting on top makes these cookies even better!
- You can enjoy these CRUMBL inspired cookies anytime, even when they’re not sold at the cookie bakery.
Ingredients for these oreo sugar cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Oreos soft cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oreos– This recipe uses regular oreo cookies, not the double stuffed or the thin ones.
- Flour– You will need all-purpose flour for this.
- Corn starch- The corn starch will keep your cookies extra cost and chewy.
- Cocoa powder- We want our cookies to be extra chocolatey, so add a little baking cocoa powder to your ingredient list for this one 🙂
- Baking soda & baking powder- Both the baking soda and the baking powder will give extra height to our cookies.
- Salt– The salt will balance out the sweetness of these cookies.
- Cream of tartar– The cream of tartar will also help keep the cookies super soft and chewy.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter. Just make sure that it’s
- Granulated & brown sugar & powdered sugar – By using three types of sugar, these cookies are for sure gonna stay soft and chewy.
- Oil– The oil adds richness and moisture to the cookies. Make sure to use unflavored oil.
- Egg– the egg is the binding element in this recipe, it also adds richness as well.
- Vanilla– This is needed to make the buttercream frosting.
How to make CRUMBL oreo cookies copycat recipe
This is how you can make your own oreo sugar cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor, then mix it with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and all the sugars together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and oil and mix together until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in two increments and mix every time.
- Scoop out the cookie dough and bake in the preheated oven.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled, make the buttercream frosting and spread it over the cookies, top with crushed Oreos, and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Autumn from www.itsalwaysautumn.com
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use double stuffed Oreos or thin Oreos for these cookies?
No, make sure to use the regular Oreos to keep the texture of these cookies the same. If you use the double stuffed oreos, the stuffing will bring too much moisture to these cookies and if you use the think ones, there won’t be enough cookie or stuffing to make the exact cookie dough that I made for this recipe.
So make sure that you stick with the regular Oreo cookies for this recipe!
How to store these Oreo sugar cookies?
These chocolate sugar cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Make sure to bring them down to room temperature before enjoying them, otherwise, they will be too hard.
These cookies can also be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight and then let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them.
Do I have to frost them?
No you don’t.
Frosting them is not necessary but it helps make the sugar cookie taste like an Oreo. I frosted them because I was trying to make a copycat CRUMBL Oreo cookie, but if that’s not what you’re going for, you can leave them naked.
Crumbl chocolate oreo cookies with buttercream frosting
If you made these CRUMBL inspired Oreo sugar cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
CRUMBL oreo cookie with buttercream frosting copycat recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the 25 oreos until finely crushed. In a medium bowl, mix the crushed oreos, flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt then set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg and the oil and mix again until combined. Scrape the bowl when needed.
- Add in the dry mixture in two increments mixing in between every time until the dry mixture disappears. Then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls and bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Make the buttercream frosting
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, ½ tablespoon of heavy cream and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the other ½ tablespoon of heavy cream if the frosting seems too thick.
- Spread a little frosting on top of each cooled down cookie, and sprinkle with some crushed Oreo cookies
Storing the cookiesThese chocolate sugar cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Make sure to bring them down to room temperature before enjoying them, otherwise, they will be too hard. These cookies can also be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight and then let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them.
Disclosure: This is not the original CRUMBL recipe, it’s just a recipe I developed to help those who don’t have a CRUMBL bakery near them yet enjoy their delicious inspired cookie flavors! Hope you enjoy my interpretation of this recipe 🙂
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!