Crumbl Circus animal cookies are super soft, chewy, and thick sugar cookies. Each one is topped with melted white chocolate and a cute little frosted circus animal cookie on top. A childhood favorite cookie for sure!
Since you’re here, you need to try these Better Than CRUMBL Cosmic Brownie Cookies, Chilled CRUMBL Twix Cookies, Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies as well as the Chilled Crumbl Sugar Cookies Copycat recipe.
If it wasn’t for the CRUMBL circus animal sprinkle cookies I would have never tried circus animal cookies! Can you believe that?!
After visiting the CRUMBL bakery here in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, I decided to gran their circus animal sugar cookie because it was full of sprinkles and topped with the cutest little pink cookie on top.
After getting home and digging in with my sister, I realized that both the CRUMBL sprinkles sugar cookie and the circus animal cookie that was on top were as addictive as can be! So I had to remake it!
This is the best circus animal sugar cookie recipe ever!
After a few trials and errors, I was able to replicate the CRUMBL sugar cookie almost to a T. It is thick, super soft, and chewy, and has a strong almond extract flavor.
I wanted to share this recipe especially for all of those who want to try the CRUMBL cookies but don’t have one where they live. This is as close as it gets so I hope you really enjoy them 🙂
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Each cookie is thick and chewy
- They are a childhood favorite
- These cookies are made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry
- They are one-bowl cookies
- The best part is that they are no chill cookies! Make the batter, bake, and enjoy!
Ingredients for CRUMBL circus animal cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this__. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You will need toom temperature softened butter.
- Granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar– This recipe uses three kinds of sugar to make sure that the texture is as soft as can be.
- egg– The egg is the binding agent in this recipe and will also add richness to the cookies.
- Vanilla extract and almond extract– In the original CRUMBL cookie recipe you can taste both the almond and vanilla extract so we will be using both of them in this recipe as well!
- Flour– You will need all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods so that it balances out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Cream of tartar– The cream of tartar will keep your cookies soft and melt in your mouth.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is what gives a little height to these cookies.
- Nonpareil sprinkles– Instead of regular sprinkles we use nonpareil sprinkles to mimic the look of the CRUMBL circus animal cookies
- Frosted circus animal cookies– These are gonna be used to decorate the cookies.
- White chocolate – Make sure to get really good quality white chocolate to frost your sprinkles sugar cookies.
- Oil- You will need either coconut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil to mix with your chocolate and make it smoother.
How to make circus animal cookies
This is how you can make these childhood favorite animal cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- cream the butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and mix until combined.
- Time for the dry ingredients, add in the flour, salt, cream of tartar , and baking powder, and mix just until the mixture disappears.
- Fold in the sprinkles and scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven, then swoosh the cookie with a larger cookie cutter to give them a perfectly round look.
- Melt the white chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, making sure to stir the chocolate every-time until fully melted.
- Top the sugar cookies with the melted chocolate, sprinkle them with more nonpareil sprinkles and place the sugar cookie on top.
Circus animal sugar cookies
The reason why these sugar cookies stay so most is because they use three different types of sugar, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar. On top of that, I also made sure to increase the fat content of this cookie to keep it moist by using extra butter as well as an extra egg yolk.
You won’t believe how soft these circus animal cookies are! You need to try them ASAP!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
are these cookies too sweet?
With the white chocolate and the circus animal cookie on top I can see why you would be worried that this cookie is too sweet! But, of course, I made sure to balance out the sugar in the cookie to not be too overwhelming once had with the white chocolate and the circus animal cookie on top.
So to answer your question, not this cookie is not too sweet.
If you decide that you want to have these cookie without the white chocolate on top, I would strongly suggest that you use 4 tablespoons on brown sugar instead of just 2 tablespoons on brown sugar in the cookie dough batter to up that sweetness level and have a delicious naked cookie!
How to store these sprinkles sugar cookies?
These sugar cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
They can also be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Just let them cool down to room temperature before enjoying them!
CRUMBL circus animal sugar cookie recipe
If you made these CRUMBL inspired frosted circus animal sugar cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Softest CRUMBL circus animal sugar cookies
- ¾ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 & ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon nonpareil sprinkles
- 10 frosted circus animal cookies for decoration
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchement paper then set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar*** until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and baking powder, and mix just until the flour mixture disappears. Fold it the sprinkles.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a ¼ measuring cup, scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Leaving about 2 inches of spaces in between them, flatten to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool compltely.
Let's decorate the cookies!
- Once the cookies are at room temperature, place the white chocolate and the oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Top the cookies with 2-3 teaspoon white chocolate, spread it over the cookie, add sprinkles, and place a frosted circus animal cookie on top. ENJOY!
READ THIS!If you decide to make these cookies without the white chocolate frosting on top, make sure to use 4 tablespoons of brown sugar instead of 2 tablespoons. These sugar cookies are purposefully made a little less sweet to balance out the sweetness of the white chocolate topping. So if you want them “naked” add those 2 tablespoon brown sugar in there!
How to store these sprinkles sugar cookies?These sugar cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. They can also be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Just let them cool down to room temperature before enjoying them!
Disclosure: This is not the original CRUMBL recipe, it’s just a recipe I developed to help those who don’t have a CRUMBL bakery near them yet enjoy their delicious inspired cookie flavors! Hope you enjoy my interpretation of this recipe 🙂
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!