The easiest blueberry galette is finally here! It is a twist on the traditional French dessert to make your life a little easier. This blueberry and lemon zest galette is made using store bought pie crust and only needs 6 ingredients! Make this blueberry galette for your next picnic or any family gathering this summer!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I haven’t been as active this past week… Ramadan really has gotten the best of me. Not being able to have any water in this vegas heat can be very draining at times. So I decided to take a little time off of writing to both rest my mind but also create other amazing things for you!
This past week I filmed the how to make brownies without cocoa powder video. It has been one of the most popular recipes on the blog for a couple of months now and I wanted to give you guys every resource necessary to make sure that your brownies turn out incredible too!
In fact, videography used to be my first love in high school… I was obsessed with creating awesome videos out of nothing really. I used my imagination and spent hours editing the clips to make the best video ever for my broadcasting class.
Well… I recently have gotten back to it and I am proud to say that I have been sharing some fun recipe video on…
I am still starting there so the channel is extremely small at the moment but if you feel like subscribing and joining the Lifestyle of a foodie tribe there as well, go right ahead!
Anyways enough about this youtube chatter, how about we talk about this rustic but still extremely easy blueberry galette!
Also, I just found out I can add my Instagram feed on here! Check it out 🙂
LV• Recipe developer • Food photographer • Gym Addict • Marketing person •
🧁📸 🏋🏻♀️ 📈
I use my oven as a heater 😭😂🤷🏻♀️
FREE recipes below!
What’s so special about this blueberry galette ?
When I decided to share a galette recipe, I wanted to bring you one of my favorite summer recipes ever! This blueberry galette is:
- Lightly sweet
- A whole lot easier to make than a pie 😉
- And can be made in less than an hour!
This rustic blueberry galette is an easy dessert to make. You actually don’t even have to make it using blueberries! You can se whatever fruit you have on hand, some other galette filling options would be:
- Any kind of berry! (use just one or mix them up)
- Strawberry rhubarb
So like I said, this is an extremely versatile recipe. So take it and run with it! Of course, don’t forget to let us know how you made your galette down in the comments below 🙂
Ingredients to make a blueberry galette
- Store bought pie crust – You can make your own pie crust if you’d like but we are going for the easiest blueberry galette here!
- Blueberries– Use fresh blueberries to make this galette extra sweet.
- Lemon and lemon zest– Lemon juice and lemon zest enhance the blueberry flavor perfectly.
- Corn starch– Corn starch helps keep the fruit juices from being too runny.
- Sugar– A little bit of sugar goes a long way here.
- Egg wash, heavy cream or milk– This will be used to make the edges of our easy galette golden brown.
More recipes you will love!!
How to make a blueberry galette
First, start by preheating the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, corn starch and the 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
Roll out the store bought pie crust on the parchment lined baking sheet and mount the blueberries in the center or the pie crust leaving about 1-1.5 inches of border.
Fold the edges up on the blueberries, overlapping them as you go. Work gently to make sure that there are no cracks in the crust.
Brush the crust with heavy cream or milk and then sprinkle it with some sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the fruit bubbly.
Serve this rustic blueberry galette with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream .
What to serve with a blueberry galette?
I love my galettes, I love my rustic blueberry galettes even more! They are actually so good that they don’t really need to be served with anything else. But if you want to make it extra fancy and special you can top your beautiful blueberry galette with:
- Whipped cream- Whipped cream is a light and works incredibly with the sweetness of this blueberry galette.
- Ice cream– I’m a lover of warm dessert with a cold topping… That’s why I always top my galettes with ice cream. I like to use vanilla bean ice cream with this galette but many other flavors could work too!
- Toasted nuts– Toasted nuts add an amazing crunchy element to this blueberry galette.
- Greek yogurt and honey– Greek yogurt might sound a little weird but trust me that tanginess complements the blueberries so well. The drizzle of honey helps balance the greek yogurt flavor as well.
Tips for the perfect summer galette
- Make sure your blueberries are dry- Always make sure that your fruits are dry because you can easily have 1-2 tablespoons of water at the bottom of the bowl without knowing it. That extra water that the fruits hold onto after rinsing can throw the whole recipe out of balance. So using a paper towel or a kitchen towel, dry your blueberries before adding them to the bowl.
- Don’t skip the parchment paper– Using parchment paper is not absolutely necessary but I 100% recommend it. When the blueberries cook they will leak a little so to make your life easier, use parchment paper to avoid having to scrub the baking sheet when the juices seep through and burn the pan!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
The easiest blueberry galette
The easiest blueberry galette
- First, start by preheating the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, corn starch and the 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Roll out the store bought pie crust on the parchment lined baking sheet and mount the blueberries in the center or the pie crust leaving about 1-1.5 inches of border.
- Fold the edges up on the blueberries, overlapping them as you go. Work gently to make sure that there are no cracks in the crust.
- Brush the crust with heavy cream or milk and then sprinkle it with some sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the fruit bubbly.
- Serve this rustic blueberry galette with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream .
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here! If you made this blueberry pie/galette, please let us know in the comments below! Did you add anything that made it even better? I’d love to know 🙂
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!