A fresh watermelon berry fruit salad that you can make all summer long and enjoy just as much every time. This fruit salad recipe uses two kinds of berries, watermelon, and a lemon honey mint dressing to bring out the freshness of this fruit dessert.
Since you’re here, you need to try this Easy 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix, trawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping and also 70 calories 4-ingredient Watermelon Slushie.
If you ever find yourself looking for an easy and healthy 4th of July dessert recipe this is it for you! This can also be served for Memorial day, or even labor day for that matter!
This simple. fruit salad is my favorite dessert to bring to summer BBQs or just to make for my family as a grab-and-go healthy snack. The best part is that it is hydrating, and packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants!
This is the best watermelon fruit salad recipe ever!
This summer fruit salad recipe is our favorite way to enjoy fresh seasonal fruits with everyone. Plus I bet you, everyone will appreciate you so much more if you bring this fruit salad to cookouts this summer!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is light and fresh.
- This healthy fruit salad can be made in 10 minutes!
- You can make it your own by adding different berries.
- It is colorful and easy to put together.
- You’ll love it as leftovers.
Ingredients for this watermelon berry salad
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this healthy fruit salad. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Watermelon– Summer watermelon is the best for this recipe. It will make it extra sweet and delicious.
- Strawberries– You will need strawberries washed and sliced for this recipe.
- Blueberries– Blueberries add an awesome textural element to this fruit salad.
- Mint– Mint brings out so much of the freshness back into this salad.
- Honey– Honey adds a bit of natural sweetness to this healthy dessert.
- Lemon or lime juice– The lemon or lime juice, brings it all together with a little tang of sourness.
You can always substitute other fruits that you prefer or might like.
I have made this with blackberries and raspberries as well. Grapes also work so well in this summer watermelon fruit salad.
How to make this easy summer fruit salad
This is how you can make this healthy fruit salad at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Start by washing and slicing all your ingredients.
- Add the fruit to a large bowl.
- Make the lemon honey mint dressing.
- Pour the dressing on top of the berries and stir to get everything coated with the honey lemon dressing.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for later.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Are watermelon fruit salads healthy?
Yess!! Watermelon berry fruit salads are extremely healthy. They come with a ton of fiber, antioxidants, and refreshing properties to keep your body hydrated all summer long.
The honey added to it, especially if it’s raw honey will also add some incredible health benefits. But don’t worry if you don’t have raw honey. The sugar from that is so little that it shouldn’t wreck havoc in your body. Plus having this over cakes and cupcakes is always so much better!
Can I make berry fruit salad ahead of time?
It is better to make this fruit salad the day you want to enjoy it because once everything is mixed together the strawberries will start becoming slightly soft.
If you want to make this ahead of time you can chop up all your fruits and mix them together in a container, then cover them. You can also make the lemon honey mint dressing ahead of time and keep it in a lidded jar.
Whenever you’re ready to serve it dress your fruit salad and enjoy.
How to store berry fruit salads?
You can store your berry fruit salads in an airtight container in the fridge for up to to 3 days. Just know that the fruit will release some juices so it’s always best eaten right away!
I usually love making this fruit salad at the beginning of the week as a dessert or snack meal prep option for whenever I’m in a rush and need something quick!
Can I add different types of berries to this watermelon fruit salad?
As I said, this fruit salad is better enjoyed the day of. The strawberries will start to wilt, soften, and lose their color so if you are planning on serving this to guests, I would recommend enjoying it all the day you make it.
I don’t mind the strawberries becoming like that, since the fruit salad will still be super tasty. If you’re like me you can store you watermelon berry fruit salad in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Watermelon berry fruit salad
If you made this watermelon fruit salad recipe and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Summer watermelon berry fruit salad
- 4 cup watermelon Cubed into small pieces
- 3 cup Strawberries sliced
- 2 cup blueberries
- 15 large mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 3-4 tablespoon Lemon juice or juice of one large lemon
- Add all the fruit to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or mason jar, add in the lemon juice, honey, and sliced mint.
- Pour the lemon honey dressing over the fruits and stir to coat them all with the dressing. Serve right away or store in the fridge for later.
Can I make berry fruit salad ahead of time?It is better to make this fruit salad the day you want to enjoy it because once everything is mixed together the strawberries will start becoming slightly soft. If you want to make this ahead of time you can chop up all your fruits and mix them together in a container, then cover them. You can also make the lemon honey mint dressing ahead of time and keep it in a lidded jar. Whenever you’re ready to serve it dress your fruit salad and enjoy.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment