This watermelon slushy is a refreshing, tasting, and super healthy drink. It is made with only 4-ingredients and is the perfect way to celebrate the summer!
This is the best 4-ingredient watermelon slushie recipe ever!
Summer is seriously my favorite reason. I love the long days, pool adventures, and oh my goodness! The fruits!
Every year, I patiently wait to
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s so so refreshing.
- This recipe only requires 4 ingredients!
- It is a great summer drink recipe, perfect for labor day and memorial day celebrations too.
Ingredients for Summer watermelon slushie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these healthy slushies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Watermelon- You will need a seedless watermelon, peeled, and cubed, then frozen before bleeding.
- Lime juice- You will need the juice of freshly squeezed lime.
- Mint– The mint leaves will add a nice touch of freshness to the Watermelon slushie.
- Honey– The honey optional but I like to add a little bit to my slushie to bring that sweetness slightly up.
How to make a healthy watermelon slushie
This is how you can make an easy fruit slushie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Depending on which blender you have, it might take a little while.
- Serve the slushies and decorate with lime wedges and a few leaves of mint.
- Optional- add some Tequila to these to make them into a festive spiked watermelon slushy.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More summer holiday recipes you will love
- Cucumber Grape Lemon Cooler
- The Easiest Blueberry Galette
- Easy 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to freeze watermelon?
Peel, then slice your watermelon into smaller sized cubes. Place the watermelon on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet and freeze for two hours or overnight.
Once they are fully frozen, you can use them in your smoothies or slushies.
What blender did you use to make this slushy?
When it comes to slushies, you need something that’s fairly strong to blend the icy fruit.
How to freshen up mint for garnishes?
Place the mint in an ice bath and let it sit in there for a few minutes. This will revive it and make it look a lot more fresh and ready for garnish.
Can you freeze a slushie?
Unfortunately no, once your slushy is made you can’t pop it in the freezer to keep for longer. It will freeze fully and get hard and you will loose that slushy texture.
Something I do if I want to store my slushies is blending them then place them in a large ice cube tray then place it in the freezer. Once I’m ready to enjoy it again, I will blend those watermelon slushie ice cubes in my blender and enjoy it!
Is watermelon slushie healthy?
Absolutely, this recipe is made with minimal ingredients and is very low calorie as well. It is one of my favorite guilt free summer drinks to enjoy while I’m hanging out by the pool!
Can you add alcohol to slushies?
Yes you can definitely add alcohol to slushies. This recipe is perfect on its own but if you want to turn it into a summer hosting cocktail you could always add tequila or vodka to it.
I have had many people tell me they added tequila to this and it tasted wonderful! That will turn your slushy into a margarita inspired drink.
4-ingredient 70 calorie watermelon slushie
If you made these mint watermelon slushies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
70 calorie mint watermelon slushies only 4-ingredients
- 6 cups watermelon cubed and frozen
- 10 large mint leaves rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 tbsp honey to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blen duntil smooth.
- Serve and decorate with a lime slice and a few mint leaves.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!