These 4th of July Oreos Dipped in White Chocolate are a simple no-bake treat that you can make to celebrate any patriotic holiday. They are made with 3 ingredients and will be ready in no time.
The 4th of July is right around the corner, and with the temperature rising like crazy I want to share something that doesn’t require you to turn on the oven and heat up the house even more.
These Oreos are made by simply dipping them in white chocolate, drizzling them with red and blue candy melts, and topping them with more patriotic sprinkles.
This is the best 4th of July Oreo recipe.
Of course, you can get so creative with no-bake desserts like this one and you can even get the kids involved! Just dip the Oreos in white chocolate for them
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are so easy to make!
- Everyone will love them!
- These white chocolate-dipped Oreos are so versatile and can be made to fit any occasion.
- This recipe is a great activity to do with kids!
Ingredients for this Patriotic Oreo no-bake dessert
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this no-bake 4th of July Oreos. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oreos– I use regular Oreos but you can use double-stuffed, golden Oreos, or any flavor you really love!
- White chocolate– Use good quality white chocolate. You can use either chocolate chips or white chocolate bars.
- Red and blue candy melts– These are not as much for taste as they are for looks, I like to use the Wilton ones because they are readily available at Walmart.
- Patriotic sprinkles– Any white red and blue sprinkles will do for this!
How to make 4th of July Oreos
This is how you can make 4th of July Oreos. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl, the red candy melts in a bowl, and the blue candy melts in a separate bowl in the microwave.
- Dip the Oreos into the white chocolate and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the set white chocolate-dipped Oreos with the red and blue candy melts.
- Top with sprinkles and let set before enjoying!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these white chocolate-covered Oreos?
You can store these chocolate-covered Oreos in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Make sure to separate each layer of white chocolate-covered Oreos with a layer of parchement paper or wax paper so they don’t stick.
What should I do if my chocolate is too thick?
If after your melted chocolate is too thick then you can add some vegetable oil, canola oil, or coconut oil to it to thin it out a little. Make sure to add a tiny bit of time at a time and assess if you need more.
How do I keep my Oreos from having a big pool of white chocolate at the bottom?
Making sure to really tap off any excess white chocolate is key to keeping that pool of white chocolate at the bottom. You can also run the bottom of the chocolate-dipped Oreos on the edge of the bowl to remove more excess white chocolate before transferring them to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
What should I do if my Oreos are breaking?
Using chilled Oreos will make this much easier. The next tip would be to coat the Oreos gently in the white chocolate without pushing on it too hard.
4th of July Oreos
If you made these 4th of July Oreos and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
White chocolate dipped 4th of July Oreos
- Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave making sure to stir every 30 seconds to keep it from burning.
- Gently dip the Oreos in the white chocolate using a regular fork or a dipping fork making sure to shake off any excess chocolate before placing the Oreo back onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with all the Oreos.
- Once you're done, pop the chocolate-covered Oreos in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until fully set.
- Melt the white candy melts in a small bowl, and the blue candy melts in a separate bowl, then transfer into two plastic bags (ziplock bags). Cut the tip off with a pair of scissors, and drizzle on top of each chocolate-covered Oreo.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and let set again before enjoying!
How to store these white chocolate-covered Oreos?You can store these chocolate-covered Oreos in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week. Make sure to separate each layer of white chocolate-covered Oreos with a layer of parchement paper or wax paper so they don’t stick.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!