This homemade peach iced tea is the ultimate summer drink. It is made with only three ingredients, black tea, fresh peaches, and sugar. It is a very refreshing drink that can be enjoyed during the summer months.
All my life I’ve purchased peach tea, and it was good don’t get me wrong. But homemade peach iced tea is on another level.
This year I made it a thing to try and make more things at home, to both experiments and also know what’s inside my food and drinks. Plus drinks from outside tend to be packed with sugar which can be a lot when trying to watch what you consume.
This is the best homemade peach iced tea recipe ever!
That’s why I decided to make my own homemade peach iced tea recipe. The abundance of summer sweet peaches made my job so much easier too. Plus making your own peach tea from scratch is so much better and more satisfying than just brewing those peach tea bags
This one actually tastes like real peaches, and tastes even better the next day!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Super refreshing for the summertime.
- Has so much peach flavors.
- Not too sweet, but can be sweetened to your liking if you prefer it a bit more sweet.
- So easy to make.
- Tastes great the next day.
- Can use different types of teas
Ingredients for Peach iced tea
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this fruity tea at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Peaches- I use large ripe peaches for the ultimate peach flavor.
- Sugar– We use granulated sugar to sweeten the peach syrup for our iced black tea but any other sweetener would work.
- Black tea– You can use any black tea you have on hand. Just know the better the quality the better the flavor.
How to make peach iced tea at home
This is how you can make it at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Steep your tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes
- Cool down the black tea.
- Blend the peaches, sugar, and water in a blender for 3 seconds just enough to break them down.
- Simmer the peach mixture for 5 minutes then let it cool.
- Sieve the peach puree to get the homemade peach syrup and let it cool.
- Combine the black tea with the peach syrup, stir and serve over ice!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
If you love this peach iced tea, you’ll love these recipes!
- Easy 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix
- CBD Orange Peach Smoothie
- CRUMBL Peaches and Cream Cookies
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Do I have to blend my peaches and water?
I prefer the blending method and when I say blending I mean like one-second pulse and that’s it. This method will help you save time (no chopping needed) and will yield the most flavorful peach syrup ever.
But if you want to just boil your peaches, water, and sugar together you can. Make sure to chop your peaches into small chunks then boil the mixture for 15 minutes before letting it cool down fully then straining.
Can I use different teas for my peach iced tea?
I usually prefer to stick with black teas but you can make this iced peach tea with green tea as well. If you decide to get more adventurous you can try oolong or even earl grey for more of a floral iced tea.
Can I make this peach iced tea decaf?
I often make it decaf because I love having it in the evening with dinner sometimes. You can follow the same recipe but make sure to use decaf black tea bags instead of regular black tea bags.
How long can iced peach tea be stored for?
This fruity iced tea can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. I find that it tastes best a day or two after being brewed. Letting it sit in the fridge gives it the time it needs to develop all those fruity peach flavors!
Can I make my tea sweeter?
If you make this peach iced tea and find that it’s not sweet enough for you, you can always add a little simple syrup, stir, and enjoy!
Homemade peach iced tea
If you made this homemade iced peach tea and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
3-Ingredient Peach Iced Tea
Iced black tea
- 3 black tea bags
- 4 cup boiling water
- 3 large peaches ripe
- 2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar use 1/2 cup for a sweeter tea
Make the black tea
- Bring 4 cups of a light simmer in a pot on the sotve or in an electric kettle.
- Remove from heat, add in the tea bags making sure they're fully submerged then let those steep for 5 minutes. Carefully remove them and let the black tea cool down before transferring to the fridge to chill.
Make the peach syrup
- In a blender, place 1 cup water, sugar, and the chopped peaches. Blend for 2-3 seconds, just enough to break them down then pour the mixture into a large pot. Top it off with the rest of the water (1 cup) and heat up on the stove medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit and steep for 30 more minutes.
- Sieve the syrup through a fine sieve into a large pitcher or a jar, make sure to press down on the peach puree to get all the juice out. Let it chill in the fridge for about 30 miuntes.
Put it all together
- Combine the black tea and the peach syrup together in a large pitcher. Stir to combine, then top it off with ice and serve. Add peaches slices to decorate and serve.
How long can iced peach tea be stored for?This fruity iced tea can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. I find that it tastes best a day or two after being brewed. Letting it sit in the fridge gives it the time it needs to develop all those fruity peach flavors!
Can I make my tea sweeter?Absolutely! If you make this peach iced tea and find that it’s not sweet enough for you, you can always add a little simple syrup, stir, and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!