These Crumbl lemon crinkle cookies are a simple yet delicious cookie recipe made with cake mix to create a cakey dessert that you can serve all spring and summer long.
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
When it comes to lemon desserts, this Crumbl lemon crinkle cookie hits the spot every time. It is made with a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and will be loved by everyone.
This recipe is great for picnics, Sunday family get-together lunches, or even BBQs! Of course, you can make it and enjoy it on a weeknight because it comes together so quickly!
This is the best Crumbl lemon crinkle cookie recipe ever!
I actually tried this recipe using lemon cake mix as well as regular yellow cake mix and for some reason, the lemon one didn’t taste as good. It had more of a chemically lemon flavor than anything so I decided to stick with the lemon one.
This recipe is also extremely affordable, the cake mix tends to be on the cheaper side, and a bit of mix-ins ingredients that will take it to the next level so if you need something that wouldn’t cost a fortune for your next get-together, this is it!
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It tastes amazing.
- This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients.
- You can make these cookies in one bowl.
- This recipe requires no chilling.
- You’ll save a ton of money with this recipe because I mean $5 a pop isn’t cheap!
- You will be able to enjoy your favorite crumbl cookie recipe at home anytime the cravings hit, no need to wait months for it to come back in stores.
Ingredients for this lemon crinkle cookie with cake mix.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Yellow cake mix– You can use any brand for this, but the better the cake mix the better the flavor.
- Eggs– Use room-temperature eggs, my eggs are about medium-large and weigh about 50 grams.
- oil– You can use vegetable or canola oil for this.
- Lemon juice & zest- this will give our cookies extra lemon flavor.
- lemon extract– The lemon extract will take them to the next level.
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar & Imperial Sugar powdered sugar– We are using imperial powdered sugar and granulated sugar to coat our cookies before baking.
Why imperial sugar?
I love using imperial sugar in all my baking, in this case, the fine sugar that imperial provides is perfect as a coating for out lemon cirnkle cookies. It yields the best result ever! I also used Imperial Sugar in The best CRUMBL Hazelnut Mudslide Cookies, Better than Starbucks Blueberry scones copycat, and even The best Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cake Cookies!
How to make Crumbl lemon crinkle cookies?
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, oils, lemon zest, lemon juice, a little yellow food coloring, and lemon extract together until dough forms.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a large cookie scooper (¼ cup-4 tbsp)
- Roll in the granulated sugar then in the powdered sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store lemon cake mix crinkle cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you want to get them all ooey gooey, microwave them for a few seconds before enjoying them.
Can I freeze cake mix lemon crinkle cookies?
You sure can!
Place them in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Once ready to enjoy, thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours and enjoy!
Can I make smaller Crumbl lemon crinkle cookies?
You sure cam! Instead of making 8 larges cookies make 16 smaller ones. Follow the recipe to the T, once you scoop the 8 cookie dough balls, slit those in half, roll in both sugars and bake for 8 minutes.
Crumbl Lemon Crinkle cookies
If you made these Crumbl Lemon Crinkle cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Lemon Crinkle cookies
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup oil vegetable or canola
- 2 medium/large eggs about 50 grams per egg
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- yellow gel food coloring Use a little at a time until the desired color is reached.
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar for rolling
- Imperial Sugar powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, lemon juice, eggs, lemon extract, lemon zest, lemon, and a little yellow food coloring, and mix to combine.
- Using a large cookie scooper (¼ cup/4tbsp) scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them in between the palm of your hands, then into the granulated sugar then into the powdered sugar.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes, let the cookies cool down for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!