These air fryer chocolate chip cookies are the perfect dessert to make in your air fryer TODAY! The base cookie recipe is just like any other chocolate chip cookie recipe, but, plot twist, they are baked to perfection in your handy dandy air fryer for the perfect soft and chewy cookie!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I seems like I haven’t posted a cookie recipe in a while. I feel like after the holidays, you almost need to take a break from cookies for a little bit because, well… Cookie overload.
Now that we’re in the second month of the year, I kinda started craving cookies again, but didn’t want to overdo it. So I went with a small batch chocolate chip air fryer cookie recipe for you guys.
Of course this air fryer cookie recipe can be doubled or tripled in you want to make a larger batch but personally I prefer making larger cookie batches in the oven so I don’t have to bake them separately and waste too much time.
These is out favorite chocolate chip air fryer cookie recipe ever!
But since, I wanted to make something a little more on the smaller batch side, the air fryer was my favorite ally.
When those chocolate chip cravings hit late at night, I decided to make them in the air fryer instead of the oven just for fun. What started as a little experiment, turned out to something I really wanted to share with you guys.
The cookies come out a little different from the ones you would bake in the oven but they’re still just as good. The outside will brown a bit more but the final texture and flavor are so on point!
What’s so special about making cookies in the air fryer?
This recipe is awesome for a few reasons. Here are the top ones:
- These cookies are made in the air fryer!
- This recipe is super quick and easy
- No need to turn on the oven!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- And now, the best for last. These chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy just like regular oven baked chocolate chip cookies!
Can you bake in an air fryer?
My air fryer slowly became the holly grail in the kitchen. You can bake in your air fryer for sure. It might take a try or two to find what temperature works best for what you are trying to make but baking in the air fryer is definitely a possibility.
I love baking in my air fryer because it also allows me to avoid turning on the oven during the super hot summer days.
When baking in your air fryer you will notice that using parchment paper is a bit tough because it ends up flying all over the place. That’s why they make this specific air fryer parchment paper, it has holes is in so it allows the air to flow through without displacing it.
You could also just poke holes in your regular parchment paper if you don’t want to wait for shipping!
Can you bake cookies in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Keep reading to see exactly how you can make homemade chocolate chips in the air fryer!
Ingredients for chocolate chip air fryer cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need for these air fryer chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card to see the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You will need room temperature butter for this cookie recipe.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– Just like any regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, you will need brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Egg yolk– Since this is a small batch chocolate chip cookie recipe, you will only need one egg yolk at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Vanilla extract is definitely a must when it comes to chocolate chip cookies.
- Flour– All purpose flour is what you will need to make this soft and chewy cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little bit of salt to your baked goods to balance out the flavors.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will be our leavening agent to give the cookies a little height.
- Chocolate chips– Last but not least, can’t have chocolate chip cookies without the most important ingredient, chocolate chips! Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips for better tasting cookies.
When it comes to the base cookie recipe, it is best not to substitute the inrgedients. But you can always use different ingredients instead of the chocolate chips. A few things I like to add to my chocolate chip cookies are:
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter chips
- Dried cranberries
- White chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip cookie in the air fryer?
Here is how you can make your own chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions!
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 300F for 5 minutes.
- Make the cookie dough by creaming the butter and sugars, then adding the yolk and vanilla, then folding in the dry ingredients.
- Place a piece of air fryer parchment paper (or not if you’re baking your cookies in the base of the air fryer) then place 3 cookies in the air fryer basket.
- Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes, you will notice the cookie edges are turning brown but the center still looks a bit raw. Don’t worry the cookies will continue to bake ad they cool.
- Let the cookies cool in the air fryer basket for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.
Can you use aluminum foil in the air fryer?
This depends on the make and model of your air fryer so make sure to check the user manual.
I tried using foil in my air fryer but I didn’t make wholes in it for the air to circulate so it didn’t work too well. If you are gonna be using foil, make sure to piece holes in it so the air circulates and keeps everything set in place.
You can bake your cookies in your Ninja Foodi!
If you don’t have a regular air fryer but have the Ninja Foodi air fryer, you can still enjoy these cookies! Just make sure to adjust the cooking time of your cookies because the Ninja Foodi might bake them a little faster.
Can you cook frozen cookies in the air fryer?
I think that it’s always better to let your cookies thaw before baking them in the air fryer because if you don’t you will end up with a very thick cookies. It will not have enough time to spread and cook evenly, now if that’s what you prefer, try it out and see. But that’s just not what we were going for in this recipe.
If you want to try that out, you can bake your frozen cookie dough balls in the 300F preheated air fryer basket for 10-12 minutes and see how you like them .
Air fryer cookie tips
Here are a few tips that will make your life way easier when it comes to baking cookies in the air fryer:
- Don’t skip the preheating step– Preheating your air fryer works the same way as preheating your oven, so to get the best chocolate chip cookies, don’t forget to preheat your air fryer basket.
- Use air fryer parchment paper or poke holes in your parchment paper so it doesn’t fly way- I tried using regular parchment paper and it was a total mess. You can either remove the air fryer tray and bake your cookies directly on the bake of the air fryer basket or just use the right type of parchment!
- Make sure to leave enough space between each cookie so they bake evenly.
- Start with less baking time- I know that air fryer’s temperature can vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer so what worked for me might not exactly work for you. But there is hope! Start with either one cookie and see how it turns out or start baking your first batch for 1-2 minutes less and see how they turn out then go from there.
- Microwave your cookie before enjoying it– This is a trick I like to use all the time after the cookies have sat (in an airtight container) for more than 24 hours. Microwave your cookie for 10-15 seconds for that ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie experience.
Air fryer chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy with the same comforting flavor of a regular chocolate chip cookie.
How to store air fryer chocolate chip cookies?
So store your air fried cookies, place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze your air fryer chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Can you bake these cookies in a regular oven?
You sure can! Preheat the oven to 350F and bake these cookies for 8-10 minutes. The oven will yield amazing soft and chewy cookies, jus tlike grandma used to make!
For the detailed oven cookie recipe, head to the Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies + VIDEO article!
Air fryer chocolate chip cookies
If you tried and enjoyed these air fryer chocolate chip cookies, make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Soft and Chewy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air fryer
- First start by preheating the air fryer to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, the brown sugar, and the granulated sugar together. Add in the egg yolk and the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add in the four. salt, and the baking soda and mix just until the dry mixture disappears. Add in the chocolate chips and gently fold until combined.
For this step you can either remove the air fryer rack and place the cookie dough directly onto the air fryer basket or place air fryer parchment paper on the air fryer rack and place the cookies on top of that.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equal cookie dough balls. Set 3-4 cookie dough balls in the air fryer basket with enough space between each one ( as shown in the photo) Bake the cookies for 6 minutes at 300F, turn off when they're done baking and let them rest for 5 minutes. Gently remove the cookies from the air fryer basket and place on a cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.
Thank you so much for making it down here!
Did you enjoy these football brownie bites? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!