These Crumbl blue monster cookies with chips ahoy are made up of a mini chocolate chip brown sugar cookie rolled in crushed up Chips Ahoy crumbs them topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting and more crumbled cookies. It’s definitely a cookie monster of a cookie.
If you enjoyed these cookies, I know you’ll also love these Chilled Crumbl Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, chocolate chip Crumbl s’mores cookies, The Best Crumbl Cake Batter Blondie Cookies, Easy Chocolate Chip Scones, and the Chocolatey Crumbl Rocky road cookies.
This week crumbl released a new flavor, aka the Blue Monster FT Chips ahoy cookies. It’s a fun twist on the monster cookies.
I actually love Chips Ahoy, they’re the perfect little sweet snack for when you want chocolate chip cookies but don’t want to put in too much effort. The mini chips ahoy are also such a good substitute for cereal. But again, that’d be more of a treat than breakfast, to be honest.
This is the best Crumbl blue monster cookies with chips ahoy
When it comes to looks this cookie is truly a work of art especially when you mix in the blue frosting on top. PArt of me really wanted to make the frosting on top really really blue so it resembles the blue cookie monster some more.
But in the spirit of keeping this recipe more realistic to the Crumbl copycat that we are making I decided to keep the frosting light. It is still just as good and maybe even better if we’re being honest.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are super impressive.
- These cookies would be great for children’s birthday parties.
- Each cookie is packed with mini chocolate chips and Ahoy Chips cookie crumbs.
- With this recipe you will not have to wait for crumbl to bring this flavor back in store before you can enjoy it again!
- This recipe is a great way to save money as well because who wants to spend $5 a cookie if we’re being honest!
Ingredients for this Crumbl Blue Monster Chips Ahoy Cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s softened.
- Brown sugar- The brown sugar will sweeten our cookies and keep them extra chewy.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent in this recipe.
- Vanilla butter emulsion– To get that authentic Crumbl bakery buttery flavor use vanilla butter emulsion. It’s way cheaper than regular vanilla extract and tastes delicious in these cookies. I got mine from Walmart but you can also get it from Amazon.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Corn starch– This will keep our cookies extra tender.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will add a bit of height to our cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness of the recipe.
- Mini chocolate chips– Use good quality mini chocolate chips for the best flavor ever!
- Chips Ahoy Cookies– Get the mini chips ahoy cookies to use for both rolling the cookie though as well as decorating your finished cookies.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar is used to sweeten and stabilize our buttercream.
- Vanilla extract- This will add a nice depth of flavor to our frosting.
- Heavy cream – The heavy cream is used to thin out the frosting a little and keep it extra light and fluffy.
- Blue gel food coloring – This is used to color our frosting!
How to make Crumbl Blue Monster Chips Ahoy Cookies
This is how you can make blue monster cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and butter vanilla emulsion.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips just until combined.
- Scoop out your cookie dough, roll in the crushed up Chips Ahoy, place it on a baking sheet and gently flatten.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
Make the blue monster vanilla frosting
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Add in some blue gel food coloring and mix again.
- Frost each cooled down cookie and top with the extra crushed up Chips ahoy.
- Decorate with a mini chips ahoy cookie in the center and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Crumbl blue monster cookies with chips ahoy?
These cookies are served chilled so you can store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 7 days. Whenever you’re ready to enjoy them, just pull them out of the fridge and eat or let the frosting soften just a bit for a few minutes before enjoying!
Can I freeze these cookies?
Freezing these cookies is a great way to make them last longer. Make sure to flash freeze them on a parchment-lined baking sheet before transferring them to an air-tight container and freezing again for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy these cookies you can thaw them on the countertop for an hour or so or thaw them in the fridge overnight.
How can I make these blue monster Ahoy Chips cookies smaller?
Instead of making 7 cookies, it will make 14 smaller-sized cookies (so double the number of cookies for the same batch size.)
Meaning scoop out 7 equally sized cookie dough balls with a large cookie scooped and then split those in half, roll, and then bake for 9-10 minutes.
Crumbl blue monster cookies with chips ahoy
If you made these Crumbl Blue Monster Chips Ahoy Cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Blue Monster Chips Ahoy Cookies
Make the brown sugar cookie base
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon butter vanilla emulsion
- 1 & ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Chips Ahoy crushed
Make the cookie dough ice cream frosting
- 7 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream Cold
- blue gel food coloring
Make the brown sugar cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, using a paddle attachement, cream the brown sugar and butter together for about 3 minutes or until it is light and fluffy. Add in the egg and butter vanilla emulsion and mix one more time until incorporated. Add in the flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt, and mix just until the flour disappears. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 7 evenly sized cookie dough balls, roll them in the crushed Chips Ahoy, place them on the prepared baking sheet, and gently press down to about 1 inch in thickness. Bake for 11 minutes, then let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling wrack.
Make the blue vanilla frosting
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth using a whisk attachment.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream and whip until smooth. I mixed my frosting for 4-5 minutes on medium speed. This will make it extra light and fluffy. Add in some blue gel food coloring and mix again.
- Frost each cookie. Top with the rest of the chip ahoy crumbs and decorate with more chocolate chips, top with a mini Chips Ahoy cookie on top, and enjoy!
How to store these Crumbl blue monster cookies?These cookies are served chilled so you can store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 7 days. Whenever you’re ready to enjoy them, just pull them out of the fridge and eat or let the frosting soften just a bit for a few minutes before enjoying!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These were easy to make. Great detailed instructions. They are delicious 😊 Thank you for such amazing recipes 💜
Glad to hear you enjoyed these Steph!
So good! I thought these would be more difficult to make, but they were actually super easy.
I ended up making them a bit smaller, so I got 11 cookies out of of a single batch.
Honestly, they turned out even better than Crumbl.
Yay! That’s awesome!
Oh Mylanta this recipe here is my new favorite cookie the frosting is sooo good it is sweet creamy and pairs perfect with the delicious cookie. I love the added crunch of the outside of the cookie , being rolled in the chips ahoy puts the cookie over the top. As always easy to follow very accurate recipe true to measurements and bake times. Thank you for another awesome recipe.
These are so good! Better than crumbl, absolutely perfect, magnificent, all I could ever had hoped for!!!
The frosting is so sweet and perfect, the crunch of the cookie is to die for, and the mini chocolate chips are the perfect touch. The outsides are crunchy and the insides are chewy, just how I like it!
I think this is my new favorite recipe. Literally ate my whole cookie in a sitting.