These Crumbl rocky road cookies are made with a thick dark chocolate cookie, stuffed to the brim with marshmallow fluff then topped with semi-sweet chocolate chips and almonds. It had the perfect balance of flavors and textures and can be made in no time.
If you love Crumbl cookies, I know you’ll also enjoy these Crumbl Chocolate Mallow Cupcake Cookies, Chilled Crumbl Frozen Hot Chocolate Cookies, Easy Chocolate Chip Crumbl Cookie Cups – MINIS as well as Crumbl Monster cookie recipe – M&M’s, Peanut butter chips, Chocolate Chips.
My first ever experience of the rocky road flavor was at an Italian festival here in Las Vegas when I first moved to the US. I was blown away by the textures and flavors of chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. I mean it truly doesn’t get better than that.
Now Crumbl decided to bring us some fire with this cookie, I mean it has a dark chocolate cookie base that is filled with marshmallow fluff, then topped with chocolate chips and chopped almond. So you pretty much get everything that is in a Rocky road treat but in cookie form.
This is the best Crumbl rocky road cookie recipe
When I made this cookie, I knew I had to really stuff it with marshmallow fluff so it oozes out with it just like the Crumbl one did. Does it even have marshmallows fluff on the inside if it doesn’t make a mess?! I think not.
This recipe is a great weeknight baking recipe because it doesn’t take much time, except for the chilling of the marshmallow fluff. But honestly, you can do that while you’re measuring out the rest of the ingredients and preparing your cookie dough. So all in all, this is a pretty smooth processed cookie that requires minimum effort but comes with a big reward!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a chocolate cookie, need I say more?!!
- Each cookie is jam packed with marshmallow fluff.
- It combines nuts and chocolate together for the perfect textural mouth feel.
- This recipe is easy and can be made with pantry staple ingredients.
- You will be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookie at home anytime without having to wait months for it to comeback in stores.
Ingredients for this rocky road cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this rocky road cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar is the main sweetening agent that will keep the cookies extra soft and chewy.
- Granulated sugar- The granulated sugar is what makes the cookie edges a little crispy.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent for these cookies, the yolk also adds extra fat for mositure.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract helps bring out the chocolate flavor even more.
- Flour– You will need all purpose flour for this cookie recipe.
- Cocoa powder– You can use any cocoa powder for this recipe but it is preferable to use dark cocoa powder to keep this as similar to the Crumbl cookies as possible.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give you extra height to your cookies.
- Salt– The salt will balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Marshmallow fluff- I love using marshmallow fluff because it will give us that extra gooey marshmallow in the center of these cookies.
- Chocolate chips– Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips for these cookies.
- Almonds- These cookies are also topped with chopped us almonds, so get whole almond and chop them up yourself for the perfect finish.
How to make Crumbl rocky road cookies?
This is how you can make Crumbl Rocky road cookies? Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Freeze the marshmallow fluff to use as filling for the cookies.
- Cream the butter, and both sugar together then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt just until combined. Fold it the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten between the palm of your hands, fill each cookie with a dollop of the frozen marshmallow fluff, seal the edges and top each cookie with chopped up almonds and semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Place on t baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cook down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl rocky road cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also freeze them for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
Just make sure to bring it down to room temperature before enjoying it! Sometimes, I like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them nice and gooey again.
How to make catering-sized Crumbl rocky road cookies?
To make these cookies smaller here is what you can do, instead of making 8, make 16 smaller ones. Instead of using 1 full tablespoon of marshmallow fluff, freeze 16 teaspoons of marshmallow fluff to stuff your cookies with.
Now instead of baking them for 10 minutes, bake them for 8 minutes.
Crumbl Rocky Road Cookies
If you made these Crumbl rocky road cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Rocky Road Cookies
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out 8 equally sized tablespoons of marshmallow fluff onto a plastic-wrapped plate or baking sheet and freeze for 20-30 minutes or until solid.
Make the cookies
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aisde.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds and fold in.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten between the palm of your hands, fill each cookie with a dollop of the frozen marshmallow fluff, seal the edges and top each cookie with chopped up almonds and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then let cool on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
How to store Crumbl rocky road cookies?These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get it all ooey gooey and enjoy it!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!