These Crumbl chocolate mallow cupcake cookies are made as an homage to the beloved Hostess chocolate cupcakes. They are thick chocolate cookies, filled with marshmallow fluff, then topped with a chocolate ganache, and decorated with white chocolate swirls.
This week Crumbl released their newest flavor, the chocolate mallow cupcake. It is a thick chocolate cookie filled with sweet marshmallow fluff and baked to perfection. Once the cookie is ready and cooled down, it is topped with semi-sweet chocolate ganache and white chocolate decoration.
It is a fun play on the hostess chocolate cupcake but in cookie form. The best little dessert to take you down memory lane.
This is the best Crumbl chocolate mallow cupcake cookies
I gotta admit, I didn’t grow up with the hostess chocolate cupcake but after trying the actual cookie at the Crumbl bakery, I immediately fell in love. I ran home and started trying to make it so here you go!
What’s a hostess chocolate cupcake?
If you’re like me and didn’t grow up in America, here is what you need to know about Hostess chocolate cupcakes!
It’s basically a chocolate cake filled with a creamy center and topped with chocolate icing. The ingredient list of these goodies is pretty extensive so It’s a very processed baked good. But the concept of it is amazing! So we are remaking it but in cookie form.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- You can have this recipe all year round, no need to wait for Crumbl to release again in a few months.
- It’s a delicious chocolate hostess cupcake inspired dessert
- If you love marshmallow chocolate treats, this will be your absolutey favorite thing ever!
- This recipe will make a larger batch for less money as opposed to if you were buying them from the bakery itself.
Ingredients for this Crumbl marshmallow fluff brownie cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this chocolate mallow fluff. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar is the main sweetening agent that will keep the cookies extra soft and chewy.
- Granulated sugar- The granulated sugar is what makes the cookie edges a little crispy.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent for these cookies, the yolk also adds extra fat for mositure.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract helps bring out the chocolate flavor even more.
- Flour– You will need all purpose flour for this cookie recipe.
- Dutch processed cocoa powder– The dutch processed cocoa powder will give a nice chocolatey flavor.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give you extra height to your cookies.
- Salt– The salt will balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Marshmallow fluff– This is what we will be filling up out cookie with.
- Chocolate chips– Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips for these cookies to make the chocolate ganache.
- Heavy cream– The heavy cream is used to make the chocoalte ganache.
- White chocolate– The white chocolate is used mainly to decorate the top of the cookies, so it’s not necessary if you don’t cake about how the cookies look.
How to make Crumbl chocolate marshmallow cupcake cookies
This is how you can make these Crumbl copycat cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Freeze the mallow fluff to use as filling for the cookies.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten them between the palm of your hands and place the frozen marshmallow fluff in the center before gently folding the cookie dough over it and seal it.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven then cool down.
Make the chocolate ganache topping
- Melt the chocolate chips and the heavy cream together in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, mixing everytime.
- Top the cookies with the chocolate ganache.
- Decorate the cookies with white chocolate swirls and enjoy!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More recipes you’ll love!
- Crumbl Dark Dream Cookies | Chocolate Chocolate chip Cookies
- Stuffed CRUMBL Hazelnut Churro cookies copycat
- Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
- Copycat chewy Crumbl Dulce de leche cookies
- CRUMBL Pink Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl mallow fluff cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Just make sure to bring it down to room temperature before enjoying it!
Can I make these cookies without the chocolate ganache and white chocolate drizzle?
Absolutely! These cookies are some fun marshmallow stuffed chocolate or brownie cookies and they can be eaten as is without the ganache and decorations.
Crumbl chocolate mallow cupcake cookies
If you made these Crumbl chocolate mallow fluff cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl chocolate mallow cupcake cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (2/3 cup chocolate chips)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 oz white chocolate (1 & 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips)
- Using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out 8 equally sized rounded teaspoons of marshmallow fluff onto a plastic-wrapped plate or baking sheet and freeze for 20-30 minutes or until solid.
Make the cookie dough
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten them between the palm of your hands and place the frozen marshmallow fluff in the center before gently folding the cookie dough over it and seal it. Roll the cookie dough between the palm of your hands to make sure everything is well sealed.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then let cool on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make the chocolate ganache topping
- Melt the chocolate chips and the heavy cream together in a small bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments, mixing every time. Top the cookies with a dollop of chocolate ganache and spread it on top.
- In a small bowl melt the white chocolate then transfer it to a piping bag with a fine tip or a ziplock bag with the tip cut off and decorate the cookies with the white chocolate swirls and enjoy!
Help, my cookies are bursting!When filing your chocolate cookie dough make sure to seal it well then roll it between the palm of your hand to make sure that all the little cracks are sealed. Make sure to also only use 1- 1 & 1/2 tsp of marshmallow fluff per cookie.
How to store Crumbl mallow fluff cookies?You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just make sure to bring it down to room temperature before enjoying it!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!