These Crumbl dark dream cookies are thick double chocolate cookies, packed with semi-sweet chocolate chips and are baked just enough to keep them soft and chewy. Each cookie is giant, just like the ones at the Crumbl bakery! Next time you need a sweet treat that requires no chilling try these chocolate chocolate chip cookies!
Yup, you heard that right. These Crumbl dark cream cookies have finally made their way into the blog because well, chocolate! How can they not?
For the longest time chocolate cookies were terrifying to me until I finally made the CRUMBL Chocolate Cake Cookies copycat recipe as well as the Super chocolatey Crumbl Dirt Cake Cookies. After having figured out the cookie base, I started playing around with different Crumbl cookie flavors.
This is the best crumbl dark dream cookie AKA the best thick chocolate chocolate chip cookies ever!
Of course, this thick double chocolate chip cookie recipe had to happen at some point or another since now we’re all about the chocolate cookies. I would say that these are perfect for holidays, midweek baking, or even when you’re PMSing hard!
I am not gonna lie, every time I make these cookies they disappear in the blink of an eye. So do yourself a favor and make these chocolate cookies ASAP because they’re worth it!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is the perfect chocolate cookie.
- This cookie recipe is perfect for all chocolate lovers alike
- It’s a one bowl recipe meaning less clean up!
- They will cost you a fraction of the price.
- They taste just like the OG Crumbl cookies andm aybe even better!
How do you make chocolate chocolate chip cookies?
It is as simple as it sounds! Making thick double chocolate cookies means that you’ll have to add in a little cocoa powder to the dry mixture then mix in semi-sweet chocolate chip into the batter for the double chocolate cookie experience.
Ingredients for this thick double chocolate cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Crumbl dark dream cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar is the main sweetening agent that will keep the cookies extra soft and chewy.
- Granulated sugar- The granulated sugar is what makes the cookie edges a little crispy.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent for these cookies, the yolk also adds extra fat for mositure.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract helps bring out the chocolate flavor even more.
- Flour– You will need all purpose flour for this cookie recipe.
- Dutch processed cocoa powder– The dutch processed cocoa powder will give a nice chocolatey flavor.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give you extra height to your cookies.
- Salt– The salt will balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Chocolate chips– Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips for these cookies.
How do you make thick double chocolate cookies soft and chewy?
The high amount of fat is huge when it comes to making chewy cookies, but for these double chocolate cookies, there is another secret. The brown sugar is what adds that extra moisture and depth of flavor, keeping your Crumbl dark dream cookies moist and chewy after baking.
Of course, measuring the flour properly and not overbaking your cookies is key as well!
How to make Crumbl dark dream cookies
This is how you can make double chocolate cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, and both sugar together then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt just until combined.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, place with a baking sheet and top with more chocolate chips, Gently flatten to about ⅔ of an inch in thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cook don on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl dark dream cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get it all ooey gooey and enjoy it!
What can I use in these cookies instead of chocolate chips?
if you’re not a huge semi-sweet chocolate chip fan, you can always use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips.
These cookies also turn out amazing when made with peanut butter chips, toasted nuts, or even your favorite chopped-up chocolate bar.
How to make mini catering sized crumbl dark dream cookies?
Instead of making 8 cookies, it will make 16 smaller-sized cookies (so double the number of cookies for the same batch size.)
Meaning scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls with a large cookie scooped and then split those in half, flatten on the baking sheet, then bake for 8-9minutes.
Crumbl dark dream cookies
If you made these thick double chocolate cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Dark Dream cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips for decoration
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aisde.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt and mix just until combined. Add in the ⅔ cup of chocolate chip and gently fold.
- Scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on a baking sheet and top each cookie with more chocolate chips. and gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then let cool on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
How to store Crumbl dark dream cookies?These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy them you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get it all ooey gooey and enjoy it!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!