Crumbl hazelnut churro cookies are made with a churro cookie base that’s filled with hazelnut chocolate spread or Nutella as most of us know it. It is the perfect cookie for chocolate and cinnamon lovers alike. This cookie is extremely fun to break into too.
If you love Nutella stuffed cookies then you’re gonna have to give these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies a try because they will rock your world!
This Crumbl hazelnut churro cookie hasn’t been out in a while so It’s about time for me to share it with you because lord knows when it’s gonna be back. Hint, hint Crumbl, we’re impatiently waiting for this insanity of a cookie to be back in stores!
When it comes to Nutella stuffed cookies, this one has been one of my most requested ones and honestly one of the most popular posts on here for a reason! It’s thick but also ooey gooey in the center with a delicious chocolatey surprise.
This is the best Crumbl hazelnut churro cookie ever
This recipe is very similar to the Chewy CRUMBL Churro Cookies Copycat Recipe as well as The Best CRUMBL Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies except that the cookie part is filled with Nutella and the cookie itself isn’t frosted.
To be honest, sometimes an unfrosted cookie is 10 times better in my opinion. Of course, there are times where I’ll take a frosted cookie over an unfrosted one anytime but this isn’t the time for frosted cookies.
I wanted to let the texture of the cookie as well as the abundance of Nutella hazelnut chocolate filling shine through in this recipe.
Why you need to make these cinnaon sugar stuffed cookies recipe!
- It combines the best of both worlds, thick cookie and nutella filling.
- This cookie is super simple to make.
- No chilling required for this cookie recipe.
- You’ll have a ton of money by making thic Crumbl copycat at home.
- The best part is that you don’t have to keep waiting anxiously every week to get your Crumbl hazlenut chutto cookie fix!
- These are some of the best and most different nutella stuffed cookies, shall I say more?!
Ingredients for this Crumbl hazelnut churro cookie recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these churro stuffed hazelnut cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You will need butter for both the cookies base as well as the cream cheese frosting.
- Granulated & brown sugar– this cookie recipe uses both brown and granulated sugar to give you the softest cookie ever.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent of this cookie recipe.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will add a little subtle vanilla flavoring.
- Flour– You will need All purpose flour for this recipe.
- Corn starch- The corn starch makes your cookies even more tender.
- Baking soda & baking powder– The baking powder and baking soda will goth ass some height to your cookie recipe.
- Cream of tartar– The creamf of tartar will give you that iconic snickerdoodle texture.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon is used to roll the churro cookies in before baking.
- Salt– The salt will help balance out the sweetness of this cookie recipe.
- Nutella– This is where the hazelnut part of this cookie come sinto play. You can use Nutella or any other hazlenut chocolate substitute instead, as long as it freezes well.
How to make Hazlenut churro cookies?
This is how you can make Crumbl hazelnut churro cookies Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Freeze Nutella mounds to use as the filling for the cookies.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the egg, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the flour, corn starch, cream or tartar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix just until the flou rmixture disappears.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, flatten them in between the palm of your hands and place the frozen Nutella in there before gently folding the cookie dough over it and seal.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar and bake in the preheated oven.
More small batch recipes you’ll love!
- Super chocolatey Crumbl Dirt Cake Cookies
- Fudgy Small batch Nutella brownies in a Loaf Pan
- Super chocolatey Crumbl Dirt Cake Cookies
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl hazelnut churro cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze these cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight or microwave for a few seconds to thaw before enjoying.
Can I make small catering hazelnut churro cookies?
Scool out 7 equally sized cookie dough balls then split them in half, this will make 14 smaller cookies. Fill them with 1 & ½ teaspoon frozen Nutella and bake for 9-10 minutes instead.
Do I have to use Nutella for these cookies?
If you don’t have Nutella where you live or have a hazelnut allergy you can use another hazelnut chocolate spread instead. This is Don’t Go Nuts soybean chocolate spread would be perfect!
Crumbl Nutella churro cookies
If you made this Crumbl Hazelnut churro cookies and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
CRUMBL Hazelnut Churro cookies
- 1 stick butter softened ( ½ cup or 8 tbsp)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cinnamon sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup Nutella for the filling
- ½ cup nutella
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out 7 equally sized rounded tablespoons of Nutella onto a plastic wrapped plate or baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
Make the cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and creamy. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Gently mix in the flour, corn starch, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, gently flatten them n between the palm of your hand and place the fozen Nutella in the center. Gently fold the cookie dough over it. Roll the dough in between the palm of your hand, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, place on the baking sheet. (Read make the cinnamon-sugar mixture below to see how to make it)
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 minutes then let the cookies sit on the baking sheet until fully cool.
Make the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in this cinnamon sugar before baking.
How to store Crumbl hazelnut churro cookies?You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
these came out perfect!
Love this recipe, I can’t wait to make them for my daughter when she comes to visit.
Thank you Trina!
hiii! i was wondering if it’s really 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or was that a typo?
and what kind of brown sugar do you recommend? dark or light brown?
thanks in advance!! so excited to make them!
It is 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and you can use light brown sugar for this recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
Saw this recipe on tumblr and made it for my sister who loves the taste of churros. They turned out INCREDIBLE; my entire family loved them so I’ll definitely be making them again. I didn’t have cream of tartar (not easy to find where I’m from) so I just put about 0.5 tsp extra of the regular baking powder and I’d say the texture was just as good. Anyway, these smell and taste delicious, a fully deserved 5 stars.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed them.