These rich crumbl peanut butter brownie cookies are made with a chocolatey cookie filled with a sweet peanut butter filling and topped with generous swirls of melted chocolate and peanut butter chips.
If you love chocolate, you will also love these Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies, The Best Chilled Crumbl Turtle Cookies, Easy Protein Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips, and Crumbl Chocolate Mallow Cupcake Cookies!
I tried the Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookie a while back and since it has returned to their stores this week, I felt it was right to recreate it for you so you can enjoy it at home.
The idea of this combo is something you can never go wrong with but unfortunately, when I purchased the cookie, it was way too dry for my liking. I actually shared a TikTok about it and truly needed to drink a ton of milk to get it down.
This is the best peanut butter brownie cookie recipe.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m obsessed with the actual combo. Peanut butter and chocolate have a special place in my heart.
For that reason, I took it upon myself to make this better, moister, melt in your mouth, and delicious and I hope you like it as much as I did.
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It’s a combo made in heaven.
- This recipe will give you a bakery-style cookie in no time.
- With this recipe, you will be able to make your favorite Crumbl cookie at home anytime without having to wait months for your favorite cookie to come back in stores.
- You will also be able to save a ton of money by making these at home because $5 a cookie is not cheap!
Ingredients for this peanut butter brownie cookie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this peanut butter brownie cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter for your cookies.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar– The combination of sugar will make your cookies extra delicious.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent of these cookies.
- Vanilla butter emulsion– This will give extra depth of flavor to your cookies.
- Flour– Use AP flour for these cookies.
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder– The dutch processed cocoa powder will make these taste just like a brownie.
- Baking soda- This will give our cookies a little extra height.
- Salt- Always add a little extra salt to your sweet treats to balance out the sugar.
- Peanut butter– Use smooth peanut butter-like SKippy or Jif for the filling of these brownies.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar will sweeten our peanut butter filling and give it a better texture.
- Chocolate chips– Use good quality chocolate chips to have a really good-tasting cookie!
- Peanut butter chips– This is here to add a little extra peanut butter flavor.
- Oil– Use vegetable or canola oil for this recipe.
How to make Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookie
This is how you can make these peanut butter brownie cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla butter emulsion.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop out the cookie dough, gently flatten it between the palm of your hands, and fill it with the peanut butter mixture.
- Gently seal the edges of the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet. Flatten to about 1 inch in thickness and bake.
- Top the cookies with some melted peanut butter chips and some melted chocolate and gently swirls before serving.
Make peanut butter filling
- Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the flattened cookie dough, gently fold the edges over, and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookie
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Depending on if you like them cold or room temp, you might have to pull them out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for a little bit.
Can I freeze peanut butter brownie cookies?
These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
How to make mini catering sized Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookie
Instead of making 6 cookies you can make 12 smaller ones and bake them for 8 minutes instead of ten before decorating them as you would the larger ones.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE?
Absolutely! If you want to make these cookies for a crowd or to give in Christmas cookie boxes you can definitely double or triple the recipe.
The cool thing about this is that you can click x2 or x3 on the recipe card and see the ingredient measurements change for you automatically.
Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookie
If you made these peanut butter brownie cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Peanut butter brownie cookie- Crumbl inspired
Peanut butter filling
- ½ cup peanut butter smooth
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Chocolate cookie dough
- ½ cup butter softened , salted or unsalted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
chocolate ganache layer
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chips melted
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil divided
Make the peanut butter filling
- In a small or medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar together until combined.
- Set aside in the fridge for later.
Make the chocolate cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the egg and the vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until the flour mixture disappears. Scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls with a large cookie scooper (about ⅓ cup), flatten between the palm of your hands, and fill with about 1.5 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture. Fold the cookie dough over the peanut butter filling and seal. Roll the cookie dough in between the palm of your hands.
- Gently press down on the cookies to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Once the cookies are baked, let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- In two different bowls, melt the peanut butter chips and oil in one bowl, and the chocolate chips and oil in another in the microwave. Stir in every 30 seconds to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Top each cookie with a few teaspoons of melted chocolate and melted peanut butter chips and spread on top of each cookie and enjoy!
How to store Crumbl peanut butter brownie cookieThese cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Depending on if you like them cold or room temp, you might have to pull them out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for a little bit.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
This recipe was so user friendly and fun to make! I followed her advice for the smaller sized cookies and they came out perfectly! Instead of putting a few teaspoons of the peanut butter and chocolate toppings, i used a sauce bottle to drizzle peanut butter and topped some of mine with mini peanut butter cups from sprouts! Not only did they look very pleasing, the people i shared them with loved them! This is a recipe i will definitely be making again in the future!
That sounds amazing! Enjoy Savannah!
These cookies were the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever made. The recipe was really easy to follow. My entire family loved them and I can’t wait to make some of the other cookies from your blog 💛💛💛 thank you for the cookie rescue lol
So so so happy to hear these were the best PB cookies you’ve ever had! and of course! I got you 🙂
This recipe was awesome! Not too many complicated ingredients, simple directions and totally do-able. I’m not an exceptional baker but I just made some friggin’ amazing cookies thanks to this recipe!
YAY!! Thank you for trying it!
Simple recipe and soooo good!
Definitely took me a couple tries to place the peanut butter in the middle of the cookie dough but that just has to do with me never had done it before.
She left a great how to video on her Instagram page which helped.
Overall, amazing recipe, as usual!!
Thank you ♥️
Thank you so much for trying these Tawnie!
Awsome ! Like every single recipe you create! Love you
THESE LITERALLY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.
So so so happy you enjoyed these!
Thanks so much for sharing Chahinez, your recipes are always the best! Could you possibly make a copycat recipe for the new coconut white chip cookie? I would love to see how you recreate that one.
I will add that to the list!