These M&m’s Christmas holiday blondies are a simple yet super festive treat you can bake this holiday season. They are one of my family’s favorite sweet treats and they’ll soon become yours as well! These delicious blondies are made in an 8×8 pan and yield the chewiest and most delicious Christmas treat.
This is the best Christmas M&M cookie bar recipe ever!
I don’t say this lightly! Around this time of year I know we all go a little crazy for everything cookie-related and I am here to inform you that these definitely need a spot on your cookie-baking list.
They are dense, fudgy, and packed with holiday m&m’s and chocolate chips, plus they would look so cute in a cookie exchange box too! Try them for yourself and let me know what you think in the comment section of this blog post.
Why do you need to make this holiday blondies?
- It’s an easy recipe made with simple ingredients.
- This sweet treat would be the perfect treat to take to holiday parties if you are in charge of dessert.
- It’s the perfect dessert to make with your little one and have some fun during the holiday season.
- It’s a one-bowl recipe, AKA less clean-up.
- They are soft and fudgy just like a blondie/brownie should be.
Ingredients for these delicious m&m cookie bars
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy Christmas dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar- This recipe uses light brown sugar and no white sugar to get them super fudgy.
- Vanilla extract
- Christmas m&m
- mini chocolate chips
How to make these Christmas cookie bars
This is how you can make this recipe at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Fold in the flour and salt just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips and m&m’s then spread onto a parchment paper lined 8×8 pan and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookie bars cool down fully before slicing into them and enjoying with a tall cup of cold milk.
M&M cookie bar variation
- Use different colored m&m’s for different occasions.
- Instead of chocoalte chips use peanut butter chips.
- Mix in nuts to add an extra fun textural element.
- Use peanut m&m instead of the regular m&m’s
- Mix in white chocolate chips instead of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these m&m bars?
You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. I like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying to get them all ooey gooey again.
Can I freeze these M&M Christmas blondies?
Absolutely! These are great make-ahead cookie bars that you can freeze in an airtight container or. freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours before enjoying them. Of course,e you can always microwave them for a few seconds before enjoying them as well.
Christmas m&m’s blondies recipe / Holiday blondies
Holiday m&m blondies
- An 8×8 baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the melted butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.½ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar
- Add the egg, the egg yolk, and the vanilla extract and whip for at least 3 minutes. This process will create a beautiful crinkly top.1 large egg, 1 egg yolk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and the M&m's.1 ⅓ cup AP flour, 1 teaspoon salt
- Spread the blondie mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, and bake for 17 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.¾ cup Christmas m&m's, ½ cup chocolate chips
- 5 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- A week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 2 months in an air-tight container in the freezer!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!