These Valentine’s day m&m’s blondies are packed with super cute Valentine’s inspired m&m’s and melty pools of melty chocolate chunks. This recipe is the perfect dessert to gift to friends and family for the holiday.
Since you’re here, I know you will also love this Valentine’s day m&m’s oreo cookies, Easy Frosé with Strawberries, The Easiest Moist Red Velvet Bundt Cake, and these Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies /Puppy Chow.
This is the best Valentine’s day m&m cookie bar recipe ever!
Every year around this time the shelves are packed with Valentine’s day candy, but the one thing that catches my eye year after year has to be the super cute Valentine’s day m&m’s. They have two tones of pink, red, and white candies in every bag which made me think that they would be absolutely stunning in a blondie.
I didn’t want to go with chocolate chips like I did in my previous blondies so I opted for something a little bit more decadent. A chopped up chocolate bar would loog great with the m&m candies but would also create beautiful pools of melty chocolate.
What are chocolate m&m blondies?
Blondies are technically soft and chewy cookie bars. This one isn’t made with any leavening agents so it can stay pretty dense, just like a fudgy cookie but in cookie form.
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- It’s a super easy dessert.
- No need to scoop, just spread and bake.
- They are the most perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- This makes for the perfect Valentine’s day gift.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s day m&m’s blondies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Brown sugar- You can use light or brown sugar depending on your preference.
- Egg & Egg yolk– The extra egg yolk will add richness to our blondies.
- Vanilla extract – Add a little vanilla extract for more depth of flavor.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- M&m’s– Can’t have m&m’s blondies without the m&m’s! We’re using Valentine’s day ones here.
- High-quality chocolate- We are using a chopped-up chocolate bar to create those beautiful pools of chocolate.
How to make homemade Valentine’s day m&m blondies
This is how you can make these m&m’s blondies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar togehter.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Fold in the chopped up chocolate and m&m’s then spread in a prepared 8×8 inch baking pan, top with extra m&m’s and chopped up chocolate, and bake.
- Let the blondies cool down fully before slicing into them.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Valentine’s day m&m blondies?
You can store these blondies in an air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Can I freeze blondies?
You can freeze these once they’re completely cooled down in an ait tight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge or in the microwave for a few seconds once you’re ready to enjoy them again.
Can I bake these blondies in a glass or ceramic pan?
Even though it isn’t m preferred method, you can but add about 3-4 minutes of baking time to them.
Can I double this Valentine’s day blondies recipe?
Yes! you can double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13-inch pan. Bake for 2-3 more minutes, cool, and enjoy!
Valentine’s day m&m’s blondies recipe
Valentine’s day m&m’s blondies
- An 8×8 baking pan
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup Valentine's day blondies regular or mini, extra for topping (optional)
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined.½ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar
- Add the egg, the egg yolk, and the vanilla extract and whip for at least 3 minutes. This process will create a beautiful crinkly top.1 large egg, 1 egg yolk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour and salt just until the flour disappears. You don't want to over-mix the brown butter blondie mix. Fold in the chopped-up chocolate and the M&m's.1 ½ cup AP flour, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ cup Valentine's day blondies, 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar
- Spread the blondie mixture in the prepared 8X8 inch baking pan, top with extra m&m's and chopped chocolate, and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool down fully before slicing into them. I let them cool for an hour or two depending on my kitchen's temperature. They should be at room temperature. This will allow the bars to be fully set. Slice into 16 equal squares and enjoy.
- 5 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- A week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 2 months in an air-tight container in the freezer!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!