These Valentine’s day Oreo M&M’s cookies are a delicious fun twist to celebrate the holiday of love. They are made with a chewy cookie base, packed with oreo chunks and m&m’s. Make them as a gift or just to enjoy on a cold chilly Valentine’s day!
With Valentine’s day being right around the corner I knew I had to make all the cute pink and red treats.
After going to the store in January and seeing all the Valentine’s day candy I knew that I just had to buy the pink m&m’s and get to baking. I mean how can you not?
This is the best Valentine’s day Oreo M&M cookies
The cool part too is that you can make these cookies with regular Oreos or with the ones that have pink or red filling to fit the vibe.
Even going with the red velvet Oreos would give these cookies such a cute pop of color.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the perfect classic chewy cookie with an Oreo and m&m’s twist.
- These cookies are packed with mix-ins.
- They are large and in charge.
- No chilling time is required.
- They are made with simple ingredients you might already have on hand.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s day Oreo cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s at room temperature.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- This combination of sugars will give our cookies the perfect texture.
- Egg – Use one egg at room temperature for this.
- Vanilla extract– This will add extra depth to our cookies.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda– Baking soda is our leavening agent. It will give some height to the cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to the cookies to balance out the sweetness.
- Oreo cookies- Make sure that your crushed Oreos or Oreo pieces are not double stuff. That would mess up the consistency of our cookies.
- Valentine’s day m&m’s– These are usually sold around January/February for the holiday.
How to make Valentine’s day Oreo M&m’s cookies
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold until the flour mixture disappears and soft dough forms.
- Mix in the Oreo crumbs and chunks as well as Valentine’s day m&m’s then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, top with more chopped Oreos and Valentine’s day m&m’s, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down on a cooling rack before digging in.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Valentine’s day m&m’s cookies
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them all melty again before enjoying them with a tall glass of milk.
HOW TO FREEZE Valentine’s day OREO M&’M’s COOKIES?
You can free them in an air-tight container or a freezer bag/ziplock bag for up to 2 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying.
WHY ARE MY COOKIES NOT SPREADING?
If your cookies aren’t spread, you might’ve added too much flour. Make sure to measure your flour properly to keep them from not spreading.
Use the scoop and level method or a kitchen scale preferably.
HELP, MY COOKIES ARE SPREADING TOO MUCH!
This recipe is made with regular Oreos so make sure not to use double Stuff Oreos. The extra filling in the cookie will mix with the cookie dough and make the cookies spread too much.
CAN I MAKE AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH WITH THESE COOKIES?
You sure can! They are large and in charge, perfect for holding together your favorite ice cream in the center. My tip would be to underbake them a little if you are trying to make ice cream sandwiches with them to keep them soft and chewy.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE Valentine’s day OREO M&M’s COOKIES?
With this recipe, all you would have to do is use 1:1 gluten-free flour and gluten-free Oreos to transform it. Thank God they’re so easily accessible nowadays at most grocery stores.
Valentine’s day Oreo M&m’s cookies
Valentine’s day Oreo M&m’s cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ⅓ cup flour, 1 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the M&M's, and Oreo pieces then using a large cookie scooper (¼ cup- 4 tbsp), scoop our the cookie dough to create 10 equal cookies.⅔ cup Valentine's day m&m's, 7 Oreo cookies
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool. Use a larger cookie cutter to swish the cookies around as soon as they come out to make them perfectly round.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!