These Valentine’s day chocolate coated rice Krispie treats are the cutest sweet treats ever to make for holidays. Of course, you can change up the color of the candy melt coating to fit any celebration and time of year.
If you love rice crispy treats you have to check out Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats with Marshmallows, Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, Crumbl Chocolate Crunch Cookies | Star Crunch Copycat. They are all made with rice crispy cereal and taste AMAZING!
Chocolate-covered Rice Krispie treats have a special place in my heart, especially around the holidays. Since Valentine’s day is right around the corner, I decided to make something a little extra festive by dipping them in pink candy melt and oil mixture because why not.
Each rice crispy creme is then topped with cute Valentine’s day sprinkles and nonpareils to finish them off. I personally love the fun textural element of biting into the chocolate-coated rice crispy treats. So so fun!
This is the best Valentine’s day chocolate coated rice krispie treats recipe!
I think you will especially enjoy the fact that this recipe can be tailored to fit any holiday you want to make them for.
Honestly, changing the colors of candy melts and sprinkles will do wonders for these!
You can thank me later for the super easy no-bake gender reveal recipe!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe requires very minimal effort, and yields the cutest little Vday Rice Krispie treats.
- You can make this no bake recipe for both gender reveal parties, valentine’s day, or switch up the colors of the candy melts and use it for any holiday you’d like.
- This recipe uses ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
- They are soft and super chewy, I mean just like any good Rice Krispie treat should be!
- These Rice krispie treats are perfect for family baking days as well!
- This recipe is made in the microwave for an extremely quick result!
Ingredients for this easy Valentine’s day no bake rice krispie treat.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this pink rice crispy treats recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Rice Krispy cereal- This is a given, can’t have Rice Krispie treats without the actual base.
- Mini marshmallows– Use mini marshmallows for this recipe if possible. They melt more evenly and will yield a buttery sweet treat.
- Butter– Use salted butter for this recipe because the salt will help balance out the sweetness of the Rice Krispie treats.
- Pink candy melts– The candy melts will be used to coat half of our rice krispie treats. You can use any color you desire to fit the holiday you’re making these for.
- Oil– The oil will help thin out the candy melts a little and make them more smooth and dippable.
- Sprinkles– The sprinkles are these to add a little extra pizzaz to these sweet treats.
What size marshmallow should I use for Rice Krispie treats?
I have used both, so if you’re in a pinch you can use whatever you have on hand. But I usually like to go with the smaller mini marshmallows to ensure a faster melt and avoid overcooking my marshmallow mixture.
So if you can at all, make sure to use mini marshmallows!
How to make Rice Krispie treats for valentine’s day
This is how you can make sweet and chewy rice crispy treats. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the marshmallows and the butter in the microwave.
- Stir to get everything well combines.
- Mix in the rice Krispie cereal until coated.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 inch pan. Make sure not to pack the rice krispie treats or they will be too hard.
- Let evrything set fr 30 minutes or so then slice it into 12 bars.
- Dip half of each bar into the candy melt mixture, place on a parchment lined baking pan, and sprinkle with Valentine’s day sprinkles.
More recipes you’ll love!
- Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies /Puppy Chow
- 18 No Bake Valentine’s Day Recipes for kids
- Chewy Valentine’s Day Crinkle Chocolate Cookies with Sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day Very Berry Healthy Smoothie
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store These pink rice krispie treats?
Rice Krispie treats are best enjoyed the day of, but if you need to make them ahead of time you can always store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.
They are a little finicky if not stored well so make sure not to place them in the fridge or freezer or they will become too hard to eat.
Rice Krispie treats are such an easy and versatile sweet treat that you can really make it fit all your wants and needs. Here are a few ways I like to play around with making this recipe a little more different.
- Mix in the nonpareil sprinkles in the rice krispie treat mixture for a fun little twist.
- Chang eup the colors of the candy melts to fit any occasion.
- Mix in some holiday themes M&M’s at the end.
- Drizzle the colored candy melt mixture on top instead of the dipping method.
I followed the directions exactly and my rice krispie treats are hard, why is that?
This happened to me a few times and it did because of a few reasons.
- The first one is that you used stale marshmallows or cereal. The fresher the better when it comes to the texture of these no bake sweet treats. So keep tha tin mind when preparing your ingredients for this recipe.
- The second reason would be that you overheated or overbaked your marshmallows. I like to use mini marshmallows to ensure that that doesn’t happen.
- The third reason why your rice Krispie treats are hard might have to do with how hard you packed them in your baking pan. Gently spread the Rice Krispie treat mixture in the pan without pressing too hard.
Valentine’s day chocolate coated rice krispie treats
If you made these Chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats
- 3 tablespoon butter salted
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 5 cup rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or canola oil
- Valentine's day sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe, melt the marshmallows and the butter in the microwave. Make sure to stir everything every 30 seconds to keep it from burning.
- Mix in the rice Krispie cereal until well coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment-lined 8×8 inch pan. Make sure not to pack the rice Krispie treats or they will be too hard.
- Let the rice Krispie treats set for 30 minutes or so then slice it into 12 bars.
- In a microwave-safe cup, melt the candy melts and the oil together, stirring every thirty seconds until fully melted.
- Dip half of each bar into the candy melt mixture, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with Valentine's day sprinkles. Let the bars set for a few minutes then serve!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment