These Valentine’s day muddy buddies are one of the easiest no-bake sweet treats that you can make for Valentine’s day this year. It is crunchy, sweet, packed with M&m’s, and sprinkles, and is so easy on the eyes! This V-day puppy chow is great to munch on or even to use in little gift bags for the holiday too!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day recipes? I know you’ll love 18 No Bake Valentine’s Day Recipes for kids, Chewy Valentine’s Day Crinkle Chocolate Cookies with Sprinkles, Valentine’s Day Very Berry Healthy Smoothie, The best 18 Valentine’s day cookie ideas as well as the Healthy No Bake Cookies | Valentine’s Day.
After making puppy chow for Christmas this year, I knew I had to recreate it but with Valentine’s day spirit in mind because, hello, your girl absolutely LOVES pink.
This variation is very pink. It actually uses two different colors or candy melts to keep it fun and festive. I also decided to use Valentine’s Day M&M’s and heart sprinkles as well. I truly don’t think you can ever have enough Valentine’s day inspired goodness in this recipe.
This is the best Valentine’s day muddy buddies recipe!
I am not gonna lie, I had no idea what muddy buddies were before moving to the US but here we are. I can’t imagine life without these sweet and crunchy little treats. They’re simple to make and pack a punch with every bite.
My family and friends love them too, I mean even my picky sister said these were her favorite version of these so I think we got ourselves a winner recipe.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s so easy to make.
- This recipe is kid friendly.
- Muddy buddies store so well and can be made ahead of time.
- If you are trying to make muddy buddies for a different holiday, you can still use this as a base and change the colors of the sprinkles, candy melts, and M&M’s.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s day puppy chow.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this muddy buddy recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Pink and red candy melts– Usually for puppy chow I like to use chocolat ebut instead we are using candy melts to get that perfect color.
- Chex cereal – Nothing more iconic than Chex cereal to use in muddy buddies.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar is what we will coat the candy melt coated Chex cereal with.
- Oil– You want a neutral flavored oil to thin out the candy melt a bit.
- Valentine’s day M&M’s – This will be mixed it at the end to add a little ompth to our puppy chow. Also it’s pink, white, and red, I mean how can you say no to that!!
- V-day sprinkles– You can use whichever sprinkles you’d like as long as they are V-day inspired. I uses little hearts. Ugh so cute!!!!
How to make Vday muddy buddies?
This is how you can make valentine’s day muddy buddies Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Divide the Chex cereal in two separate bowls.
- Melt the pink candy melt with 1 teaspoon oil in 30 second increments in the microwave until fully melted.
- Pour over chex mix, gently fold until it is coated in that mixture.
- Place the mixture in a ziplock bag and add ½ cup powdered sugar and shake to coat. Pour everything on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat that process with the red candy melts, oil, and leftover Chex cereal. Coat with the powdered sugar and place on the wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Let the muddy buddies set for 30 minutes them mix in the M&m’s and sprinkles.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
CAN I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE?
Absolutely! This recipe already makes a pretty large batch but if you need more you can press x2 or x3 on the recipe card to double or triple this recipe.
HOW TO STORE Valentine’s MUDDIES BUDDIES?
You can store your puppy chow in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Storing it in the fridge on the other hand will allow you to keep it fresher for longer. Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
CAN I FREEZE MUDDY BUDDIES?
I love storing my muddy buddies in the freezer because they will last longer and they taste amazing right out of the freezer too!
You can store them in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before enjoying them again! Don’t forget to try them out cold as well!
FUN MUDDY BUDDIES VARIATIONS for this no bake valentine’s day recipe:
Even though we are making these specifically for Valentine’s day, here are a few add-ins that would work wonders for this recipe:
- Mix in some nuts, or even pretzels.
- Mix in some crushed cookies, think Oreos, nutter butter or even chocolate chip cookies.
- Drizzle with some extra chocolate or colored candy melts for a more fun color contrast.
Valentine’s day muddy buddies
If you made these Valentine’s day muddy buddies enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Valentine’s day muddy buddies
- 7 cup Chex cereal divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1 cup red candy melts
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup valentine's day M&M's
- 2/4 tablespoon valentine's day sprinkles
- Divide the Chex cereal into two separate bowls.
- Melt the pink candy melt with 1 teaspoon oil in 30-second increments in the microwave until fully melted.
- Pour over Chex mix, gently fold until it is coated in that mixture. If the candy melts seize and harden on you, you can always microwave everything for 15 seconds then stir to coat again.
- Place the mixture in a ziplock bag, add ½ cup powdered sugar, and shake to coat. Pour everything on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Repeat that process with the red candy melts, oil, and leftover Chex cereal. Coat with the powdered sugar and place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Let the muddy buddies set for 30 minutes then mix in the M&m's and sprinkles.
HOW TO STORE Valentine’s MUDDIES BUDDIES?You can store your puppy chow in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Storing it in the fridge on the other hand will allow you to keep it fresher for longer. Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment