This heart-shaped pizza is the perfect treat to make on Valentine’s day. All you have to do is shape your dough in the shape of a heart, and top it with pizza sauce, cheese, and heart-shaped pepperoni because why not. It is then baked to perfection and will be your next favorite meal for Valentine’s day celebrations.
For as long as Kyle and I have been together he asked for us to make heart-shaped pizzas together, unfortunately, we never officially made heart-shaped pizzas on Valentine’s day but this year I am determined to change that. But we are taking the easy way out and using Trader joe’s pizza dough to make this heart-shaped pie together.
This allowed us to focus more on having fun and less on waiting for the dough to rise. Of course, if you want to make your own pizza dough please feel free to do so. I usually do that but didn’t want the extra hassle today. I have a few pizza dough recipes that you can use if you need a place to start.
This is the best heart pizza recipe ever!
So this February 14th I really hope that you’ll find yourself making your own heart-shaped pizza for your person. Plus it’s so fun and it’s the best way to have some fun while also avoiding crowds.
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- It’s a fun way to elevate your Valentine’s day meal.
- This recipe is a great idea to get your little ones involved in the kitchen for Valentine’s day.
- It will taste as good as it looks.
- This recipe can be made with homemade or store-bought pizza dough.
- It is perfect for date night.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s day pizza recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this pizza recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Pizza dough– Depending on your pizza crust preferences you can use either homemade or store-bought dough.
- Tomato sauce– This too, you can make your own homemade pizza sauce or just use your favorite store brand.
- Pepperoni– I used turkey pepperoni.
- Cheese– Mozzarella and parmesan will take your pizza to the next level.
- Oregano/basil– Use your favorite herbs in this pizza.
- Red pepper flakes– These will add a nice kick to your pizza in the most perfect way.
How to make your own romantic heart-shaped pizza dough.
This is how you can make this recipe at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- On a well-floured parchement paper spread your pizza dough into a heart shape.
- Gently transfer it to a baking sheet or large cookie sheet and add your tomato sauce.
- Add your cheese then the heart-shaped pepperoni, and your herbs, and bake in the oven.
- Pull out of the oven, slice, and enjoy.
If using a pizza steel or pizza stone you can build your pizza on parchment paper and then slide it on the hot pizza stone.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftover pizza?
Store your leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can either microwave it to heat it up, pop it in the oven for a few minutes, air fry it or one of my favorite ways reheat it on the stove in a pan with the lid on to allow the cheese to get all melty.
Can I use different toppings on my pizzas?
100% yes! Pizza is one of those things that you can add anything to and it’ll still be amazing! So please do add whatever toppings you prefer or just make. one-topping pizza if you only like cheese. This is such a forgiving recipe so have fun with it.
How do I cut my pepperoni into heart form without a heart cookie cutter?
If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can gently fold your pepperoni in half and cut it in a heart shape using scissors.
Heart-shaped pizza for valentine’s day.
Heart shaped pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 pepperoni I used turkey pepperoni
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce homemade or store-bought, cut into heart shapes (READ NOTES)
- mozzarella cheese Shredded, measured with the heart!
- parmesan cheese Measured with the heart!
- basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450F and allow your pizza stone to warm up in the oven while you shape your pizza. If you don't have your pizza stone no wirres, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- On a well-floured parchement paper spread your pizza dough into a heart shape. If using a pizza stone build your pizza now, no need to transfer it to a baking sheet. Use a pizza paddle to place it in the oven or a large cutting block.
- Gently transfer it to a baking sheet or large cookie sheet, and fix up the heart shape if needed. Spread the tomato sauce on the dough then add the cheese then the heart-shaped pepperoni and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Check for doneness at around 10 minutes.
- Top te pizza with the chopped-up basil, slice, and enjoy!
How do I cut my pepperoni into a heart shape.Use a small cookie cutter to make the perfect heart pepperoni. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can gently fold your pepperoni in half and cut it in a heart shape using scissors.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!