Pizza dough for two doesn’t have to be so unattainable. This recipe will make homemade pizza dough so much easier than you thought. With simple step by step directions, you will become a pizza master in no time. We love making this pizza dough for date night or as a pizza party night recipe staple.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Don’t buy that pizza dough!! I know this might sound intimidating, but I promise you can make a way better pizza dough at home. With patience and a little practice you’re gonna make delicious homemade pizzas in no time.
I actually have always been fascinated by the process of making dough… any dough really, bread, pizza, pies… You name it I tried it. In my honest opinion homemade doughs always taste so much better. The fact that we are using good oils and butter as well as the act of activating the yeast just makes it that much better.
As many of you know, a great pizza always starts with good crust. You can literally put anything on top of a pizza but if the crust is delicious the whole thing would be good and you’ll have no leftovers whatsoever.
This homemade small batch dough recipe will help you achieve just that!
This is the best pizza dough recipe for two ever! It is also Vegan friendly, so next time you’re making vegan pizza try this crust recipe!
I actually make this small batch pizza recipe at least once a week for my sister and me because obviously it’s that good and we’re obsessed with pizza but the fact that this small-batch pizza dough comes together in 5 minutes and requires very little hands-on work makes me so happy!
If you want a gluten-free pizza crust option, check out my canned chickpea pizza crust recipe!
What makes this homemade dough so special?
When I created this pizza recipe, I wanted it to taste super good but without too much hands-on work. And I did just that. Here is why you need to have this pizza dough for two in your to-do list:
- This recipe only requires about 10 minutes of hands-on work.
- 4-ingredient pizza recipe (not counting the water because everyone has that), need I say more!
- This pizza dough serves two people so no more huge batches of pizza dough when you don’t need to feed too many people.
- It is easily made into a larger batch recipe if that’s what you need.
- This easy pizza recipe makes for a crispy and yet chewy crust right in the comfort of your own home.
- It is a fun recipe to make with kids!
Did you know that this dough is a lean bread dough?
First of all, what is lean bread? No, it doesn’t make you leaner by any means. It just means that it is made without any butter or eggs. When you don’t add extra fat the dough will stay crispy on the outside when you bake your pizza dough!
You can use olive oil for pizza because it gives the dough an extra depth of flavor as well as helps the dough stay soft on the inside and cripsy on the outside. I didn’t use olive oil in this recipe because I wanted to keep the ingredients to a minimum. If you want to add some olive oil, remove one tablespoon from the 3/4 cup of water and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil! Simple as one, two, three!
pizza dough recipe ingredients
To make this super easy homemade pizza dough for two you will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour– I use all-purpose flour because that’s what I have most often. often times people use bread flour for their pizza crust and it yields a pretty fantastic crust because of the high protein content but we are going for simple here!
- salt– you might not think salt does much to a pizza dough but trust me salt is absolutely necessary!
- yeast– We use a small amount of yeast in this recipe because we let the pizza dough rise twice and for a little longer than your usual homemade pizza doughs. I didn’t want to go for an 8-hour rise with this recipe but it still has 3 hours to rise! I use the Fleischmanns Classic Active Dry (not sponsored)
- honey or sugar– You can use either or at a 1:1 ratio. The sweetened will help activate the yeast.
- water– Water will bring the dough together.
- So far it’s pretty simple, right :)? This pizza dough recipe is a simple one that doesn’t require too much but still makes an impeccable thin crust. Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
What kind of yeast should I use?
In this recipe I used the active dry yeast, but you can also use the instant yeast. See… I told you this is a fairly forgiving and simple recipe 🙂
More pizza recipes you will love
- Easy Flat Bread Margarita Pizza with Pesto Drizzle
- Easy Flat Bread Margarita Pizza with Pesto Drizzle
Step by step small-batch pizza dough instructions
Measure the water in a measuring cup then add the yeast and honey. Let is activate for 5 minutes.
While the yeast is activating measure out the flour and salt add it to a stand mixer bowl. You can use a regular bowl and a wooden spoon if you don’t have a stand mixer. After the 5 minutes are up, add in the yeast water mixture and knead the dough for 5 minutes. The dough will be soft and a little sticky.
Transfer the pizza dough to a well-oiled bowl, making sure to rub the top of the pizza dough with some oil as well to keep it from forming a crust. Cover the pizza dough with a heavy towel, set it in a warm place and let it rest for 1 hour.
Press the dough down, shape it into a ball again. Cover with heavy towels and let it rise again in a warm place for another 2 hours.
When the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 450F. Sprinkle some semolina on your baking sheet and spread the pizza dough onto the baking sheet using floured hands. Add your toppings and bake for 15 minutes making sure to rotate the pizza halfway through to ensure even baking. Enjoy!
How to stretch the pizza dough
Since this recipe is made for two people, you won’t have to divide the dough into more portions.
- Flour your work surface, then drop the pizza dough ball on the floured area.
- Gently flatten the ball working from the inside out. creating a larger and more flat circle. When you do this, avoid flattening the edge of the circle. That’s going to be our crust and we want it to be a little thicker.
- You can also lift the dough, and place it over your first to gently stretch it. Continue stretching and rotating until you get to 12 to 14 inch circle, depending on how thick you want the crust to be.
You can also shape the dough directly on top of parchment paper if that’s easier for you!
Can I make pizza dough ahead of time?
Yes! Make sure to let it rise for at least 2 hours, place it in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store it in the fridge or freezer.
The pizza dough will last 1-2 days in the refrigerator and can also be frozen for 3-4 months.
How to freeze pizza dough?
To freeze your pizza dough, oil the dough then let it rise for at least 2 hours. Place that dough in a ziplock bag, tightly seal it, label it and date them then pop it in the freezer!
How to thaw pizza dough?
Whenever you are ready to use your pizza dough you can thaw it in the fridge overnight then pull it out and let it sit at room temperature for at least one hour. After that, you can shape it and bake it.
Don’t try spreading your pizza dough while still cold, it’ll be way too hard!
Can I double or triple this homemade dough recipe?
I often take this easy pizza dough recipe and double it to feed 4. The measures are really easy to multiply and you should be able to click the x2 or x3 buttons on the recipe and have the site do the math for you!
Easy pizza topping ideas
When I make pizza, I usually like to pack it with veggies so I feel like I am eating healthy still. It makes it a whole lot more hearty but sometimes simple goes a long way! Here are some pizza topping ideas you might like:
- Jalapeno ,red onions, and grilled chicken
- Spinach, mushroom, red onion, and goat cheese
- Buffalo chicken, caramelized onions, and ranch
- Roasted bell peppers, mushroom, spinach, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella
- Basil and Mozzarella
These are only a few of the delicious combos you can go for. If you have more ideas don’t forget to comment and let me know what are your favorite pizza toppings!
Our favorite pizza sauces
Make this no knead pizza dough recipe next!
The best homemade pizza dough recipe
If you made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and liked them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Homemade pizza dough for two
- Stand mixer
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey or sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Measure the water in a measuring cup then add the yeast and honey. Let is activate for 5 minutes.
- While the yeast is activating measure out the flour and salt add it to a stand mixer bowl. You can use a regular bowl and a wooden spoon if you don't have a stand mixer. After the 5 minutes are up, add in the yeast water mixture and knead the dough for 5 minutes. The dough will be soft and a little sticky.
- Transfer the pizza dough to a well oiled bowl, making sure to rub the top of the pizza dough with some oil as well to keep it from forming a crust. Cover the pizza dough with a heavy towel, set it in a warm place and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Press the dough down, shape it into a ball again. Cover with heavy towels and let it rise again in a warm place for another 2 hours.
- When the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 450F. Sprinkle some semolina on your baking sheet and spread the pizza dough onto the baking sheet using floured hands. Add your toppings and bake for 15 minutes making sure to rotate the pizza halfway through to ensure even baking. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here! If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!