Healthy green shots recipe that will make your morning!
Learn how to make these cheap green shots at home! They are a great way to get in all those extra vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants without breaking the bank. They only cost 20 cents each too! Here I will show you exactly how you too can make your immunity-boosting shots right in the comfort of your own home.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Have you ever seen those extremely overpriced green health shots being sold at your local grocery stores or health food stores? They’re usually between $4-$7, which if you asked me is a little pricey for a 1 -2 ounce little bottle!
Believe it or not I have never purchased them myself because I am as frugal as it gets. When I know I can make something at home, 99% of the time, I will just make it at home. I do that because, well, first it saves me money. But it also allows me to know exactly what’s in it and how clean the work space is …
So when these healthy drink shots became popular, I knew that I wanted in! I purchased a whole bunch of green veggies as well as some low sugar fruits and started blending! It is a fairly simple process, but can be a little time consuming so I often do this during the weekend to meal prep my green shots for the week.
This is probably the cheapest green wellness shot recipe you can make at home and I love it!
I keep saying that this is cheap, but I feel like that is something that counts and would definitely encourage more people to try this recipe. Plus if I can help one person through this recipe I am sharing, I’d be happy!
These green wellness shots are a great way to get an extra dose of vitamins, antioxidants, as well as minerals! Plus they taste pretty good if you ask me 🙂
What’s so special about this green shot recipe
These are exteemely special in my book! They are:
- Cheap, cheap, cheap! When you think of buying a greens shot, you’re automatically looking into spending at least $4. But this recipe actually costed me $3.20 for all the ingredients! Wild, right!?
- It is packed with health benefits.
- You can easily make it at home.
- It is versatile… So no, parsley? No problem! Use cilantro or mint or anything you have on hand. Everything natural is packed with health benefits but definitely thin about the flavor as well! I wouldn’t recommend adding chives to this lol.
- You can make these green wellness shots in the blender and use your nut milk bag to get the juice out! No juicer needed recipe here 🙂
Ingredients to make green shots at home
- Celery- Celery is perfect for this recipe because it is packed with water. So you won’t have to add any water to blend this homemade green juice.
- Cucumber– Cucumber is also packed with water so it will make these immunity shots more hydrating.
- Green apple– Green apples will give this immunity shots recipe a slight sweetness and will help balance out the flavors or the celery and parsley.
- Lime– Lime will also balance out the flavors of the spicy ginger as hell as the herbs.
- Ginger– Ginger will give this the much needed kick and nutrition benefits.
- Parsley– I know that adding parsley to juice might seem a little weird, but trust me on this. It is extremely good for you, and this is a great way to get in those benefits.
What are the health benefits of these green shots
Seriously, eating green foods is a pleasure when you have things this tasty. This is not only tasty but it is jam packed with health nutrients that we can all benefit from!
Some of the health benefits of this green wellness shot are that it is packed with anti-oxidants. It is a great anti-inflammatory drink. The addition of parsley gives it a huge vitamin K boost, which helps your blood clot (If you have blood clotting issues make sure to check with your doctor before you have this). The ginger in this green shot recipe also contains so much good for you, soothing digestion is a huge plus as well as making your immune system stronger.
So all in all, this health shot recipe is definitely something to add into your diet especially in the summer time. It will keep you hydrated and will help you get it all your nutrients!
How to make juice without a juicer at home
Making juice without a juicer at home doesn’t have to be intimidating… or expensive for that matter. The way I learned to do it, is to blend all my ingredients and then pour that thick mixture in my nut milk bag. Squeeze all the juice out and tada! You got yourself some fresh green juice.
This is also helpful if you just don’t want to buy a juicer because you live in an apartment like me. A nut milk bag stores well , because let’s be honest, it takes no room at all and it works great!
More healthy drink recipes!
- CBD Orange Peach Smoothie
- Immune boosting orange mango smoothie
- Green Candida Smoothie
- Strawberry banana yogurt smoothie
How to store this green goddess juice shot?
This juice is best consumed within a couple of days of making. It does get a little bitter so if you are not planning on consuming it within 2-3 days, freeze it in individual servings!
When you make your green wellness shotsm you have two options:
- You can either store them individually in smaller bottles. This will make for the perfect grab and go drink and place it in the fridge.
- Or you can store the whole thing in a big glass bottle in the fridge and pour yourself 2 ounces every morning!
I say 2 ounces, but hey feel free to have as much as you want. It’s healthy and good for you, plus with this summer heat, it’s refreshing AF!
The cheapest green shots recipe you can have!
If you enjoyed this money saving healthy recipe make sure to leave a 5 star review by clicking the 5 stars under the title and description on the recipe box!It would help me immensely.
20 Cents Healthy Green Shots at home!
- Nut milk bag
- 3 green apples cored and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 limes Peeled and cup in half
- 2 cucumbers peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 inch ginger root peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut into smaller pieces
- 1 bunch parsley
- Place all your ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, then pour the mixture into a nut milk bag. Squeeze all the juice out into a larger bowl then transfer it to a glass bottle and refrigerate.
- Enjoy your green wellness shot everyday!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here! If you tried this make sure to let me know what you thought in the comments below! In the mean time, make sure to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
A great way to start the year!
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Saving money and having all the green juice! Oh yes! 🙂