This immune boosting orange mango smoothie is a delicious, unprocessed, and sugar free, healthy smoothie. Have this any time to get transported to the tropics while keeping your immune system strong and healthy!
We are right in the midst of cold and flu season and I cannot being to tell you how many times I felt like I was getting sick but then was able to beat my cold before it began.
It is one of the best and most satisfying feelings in the world. Feeling that headache and itch in your throat one day and waking up completely healthy the next. I usually have a couple of tricks up my sleeve when it comes to beating a cold before it begins and one of those secrets is this orange mango smoothie!
The vitamin C content of this immune boosting smoothie helps my body get rid of any viruses that might be going around and helps me feel a million times better in as little as 24 hours!
What makes this orange mango smoothie so special?
Honestly, it tastes like vacation!
Imagine yourself on white sand, clear beaches or Mexico. See that feeling that you get when you think about that. Well this smoothie will take your taste buds there after only the first sip. So even if you don’t need to boost your immune system which I don’t see why not, this smoothie can transport you to a beautiful tropical vacation instantly.
But for us that need help and wanna stay healthy all year long this smoothie is the next best thing. You can also add in some of these ingredients to boost up the health benefits of this healthy smoothie!
What are the health benefits of mangos and oranges?
Asides from the amazing taste of these fruits, they both contain a large amount of beta-carotene. This is supposed to help our immune system stay strong, our skin healthy, and our vision sharp.
Both also contain a large amount of vitamin C to help you stay healthy this season 🙂
Tools you will need for this recipe
- A good blender– I used this nutribullet, but I would suggest getting the vitamix. It’s even better!
Ingredients to make this mango orange smoothie recipe
This mango orange smoothie recipe only requires 2 ingredients and a liquid. you will need:
- Navel oranges
- Very ripe frozen mangos– If you don’t care for this smoothie being nice and thick you can use fruit that is not frozen. I personally like thick smoothie so I either freeze my fruit or add a bit of ice. The ice might dilute the drink, so you can add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten it again.
- Water or coconut water
How can I supercharge this smoothie?
This mango smoothie is so so healthy on it’s own but you can always add more things to supercharge it. Some of the ingredients you could add to make it even more healthy can be:
- Turmeric– The anti viral and anti bacterial properties of turmeric will help fight off infections. So add in ¼ teaspoon to your smoothie and reap the benefits 🙂
- Ginger– Ginger has properties that help relieve a sore throat quickly while killing the virus that caused the cold.
- Yogurt- This will help you get in more probiotics which helps support your immune system as well!
- Carrot juice- Add in a little bit of carrot juice to this smoothie to increase the antioxidants which help your body fight free radicals, inflammation and cell damage.
how to make a mango and orange smoothie ?
In a blender, combine all the ingredients.
Add in the water or coconut water and blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is well blended. The smoothie should be thick, and lump free.
The smoothie should be thick, and lump free.
Serve and enjoy!
The moment I made this smoothie I couldn’t stop. I started making it every other say or whenever I had the ingredients readily available.
Before making this just know that it will absolutely become very addictive. So proceed with caution!
More high vitamin C smoothie recipes
If you’re still in need of more smoothie to boost your immune system make sure to check out these high vitamin C smoothies below!
- High vitamin C sweet potato smoothie
- Mango breakfast smoothie bowl
- Pineapple mango vitamin C booster smoothie
Tips for making the best Smoothie
When it comes to this orange and mango drink, I like to use frozen fruits. So if at all possible, use frozen mangos, or frozen mangos as well as oranges. This will result in a thicker smoothie which is always a plus.
Make sure to use ripe mangoes. This smoothie doesn’t have any added sugar so we want to fruit to be as sweet as possible to keep this orange mango smoothie healthy.
And for all my smoothie obsessed friends, here are some more smoothie recipes for you!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Immune boosting orange mango smoothie
Immune boosting orange mango smoothie
- 2 small navel oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 cup peeled ripe mangos frozen preferably
- 1 cup coconut water or just regular coconut
- 4-6 ice-cubes optional
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is well blended. The smoothie should be thick, and lump free.
- Check the consistency of the smoothie and add more water or ice depending on the taste.
Shop this recipe
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you enjoyed this immune boosting smoothie make sure to pin it for later
As always if enjoyed reading and making this super simple orange and mango smoothie make sure to let me know either on facebook, instagram or through the comments below.
I always try and share the best recipes with you guys and it makes me so happy to hear from you 🙂
I am not a doctor, this drink has helped me get rid of a cold in its tracks but might not work for everyone. Proper nutrition and rest is required to get rid of the sickness so always check with your doctor if you are not sure about anything health related!
Looks yummy and healthy!!
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Thank you so much! It was amazing 🙂